Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 262
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70702
biomed162498
Yssup Rider60316
gman4453224
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48424
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41455
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35820
Mojojo33117

Old 02-01-2012, 04:01 PM   #1
Sensia
Account Disabled

User ID: 6814
My ECCIE Reviews
Default Ruling on Contraception Draws Battle Lines at Catholic Colleges

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/30/he...?_r=1&src=recg

I personally think no one should get to be exempt from this under the guise of "religious freedom". This so called "religious freedom" has put their foot on the neck of every woman who has needed contraceptive pills (and not just for prevention of pregnancy). When someones religious beliefs interfere with my right as a woman to get access to contraception pills or otherwise then they are the ones interfering with my personal freedoms and rights. By the way "Despite Catholic teachings, surveys have found that 98 percent of sexually active Catholic women, as in the general population, have used contraceptives".
Sensia is offline   Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 04:44 PM   #2
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guilty Pleasures View Post
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/30/he...?_r=1&src=recg

I personally think no one should get to be exempt from this under the guise of "religious freedom". This so called "religious freedom" has put their foot on the neck of every woman who has needed contraceptive pills (and not just for prevention of pregnancy).
Obama is attempting to violate a major tenet of the First Amendment. You are not 'required' to deal with the Catholic Church, so feel free to exercise your 'rights' somewhere else.
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 09:44 PM   #3
dilbert firestorm
Premium Access

Encounters: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by I B Hankering View Post
Obama is attempting to violate a major tenet of the First Amendment. You are not 'required' to deal with the Catholic Church, so feel free to exercise your 'rights' somewhere else.
well put.

no one is forced to go to the Catholic-based hospitals, there are alternatives elsewhere.
dilbert firestorm is offline   Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 09:44 PM   #4
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Gotta go with IB on this one. The government should have no role in how a religion conducts itself. And vice versa. I have always wondered why people waste their time trying to reform the Catholic faith. If you don't like what they believe and/or practice, find another church, start your own, or quit altogether.

This does not mean that government should not cooperate with the church in areas of common interest. Just don't interfere with the inner workings.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 10:00 PM   #5
Sensia
Account Disabled

User ID: 6814
My ECCIE Reviews

They should not be exempt to provide it due to their religious beliefs and impose it on others. This is a medical case for birth control and they are subject to the same health care laws as everyone else. Just as I do not believe in religious organizations getting tax exemptions where other organizations cannot get those same tax exemptions solely based on the fact that they have a "religion". I personally am tired of funding other peoples religions via skirting taxes and imposing their beliefs on the general populace by noncompliance of the laws.
Sensia is offline   Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 10:27 PM   #6
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Well, ok then. Let's repeal the First Amendment to the Constitution, and have at it. If you want the truth, that is how it will change. Or go to a different hospital. Geez.

The truth also is that the Catholics don't need to sponsor hospitals. If government were to force them to perform services that violated their faith, they will just shut down. Wouldn't that be better for everybody?

We waste too much time telling each other what we can and can't do. There are other options available. Use them.

And I am NOT a Catholic, nor do I play one on TV.
Old 02-01-2012, 10:31 PM   #7
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guilty Pleasures View Post
They should not be exempt to provide it due to their religious beliefs and impose it on others. This is a medical case for birth control and they are subject to the same health care laws as everyone else. Just as I do not believe in religious organizations getting tax exemptions where other organizations cannot get those same tax exemptions solely based on the fact that they have a "religion". I personally am tired of funding other peoples religions via skirting taxes and imposing their beliefs on the general populace by noncompliance of the laws.
But you have no complaints to direct at tax exempt organizations like "MoveOn", a PAC for Democrats, and "Media Matters" - both of which were founded by liberal Democrats and funded by the likes George Soros. "Media Matters" sole mission is to censor the media; thus, the dissemination of information. Yeah, you're okay with those groups.
Old 02-01-2012, 10:33 PM   #8
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
And I am NOT a Catholic, nor do I play one on TV.
Old 02-01-2012, 10:46 PM   #9
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

It's a very simple answer. Go to a different college. You can afford Fordham, there are others out there just as good. Don't go to a Catholic college and demand they change 1500 years of tradition to suit you. Go someplace else. To go to a Catholic college when you should have known what their practices are, and then complain is ridiculous.

And if you can't afford a condom, you don't have money for booze or anything. So don't have sex. If you're out partying and buying booze and other things, buy a goddam condom. "Can't afford birth control" Bullshit. They can afford Fordham, but can't afford birth control? Again, bullshit.

Sorry Guilty. As much as I'd love to be with you on this, I just can't. The story gets stupider every time I read it.
Old 02-02-2012, 02:25 AM   #10
Munchmasterman
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by I B Hankering View Post
That’s right. You can go to Planned Parenthood and…..Oh that’s right, you want them gone too.
What Obama does or doesn’t want to do has nothing to do with tending to a request for a physical issue verses refusing that request based on “magic” (or religion or what ever newt calls it these days).

You’re right. They don’t owe it to anyone or anything to provide birth control to the students.

(Sarcasm alert) On the other hand, you can see why the Catholics want no part of birth control.
Look at how their numbers are dwindling. It’s best to get them knocked up at 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ruin their chance of being anything later in life besides welfare moms who make money having little Catholics (if they can find a Catholic daddy). We all know what God thinks of teenagers who fuck for fun.

I mean if it works as well as you claim it does for the Blacks, we should have lots of new little welfare Catholics in no time.
Munchmasterman is offline   Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 06:40 AM   #11
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchmasterman View Post
That’s right. You can go to Planned Parenthood and…..Oh that’s right, you want them gone too.
What Obama does or doesn’t want to do has nothing to do with tending to a request for a physical issue verses refusing that request based on “magic” (or religion or what ever newt calls it these days).

You’re right. They don’t owe it to anyone or anything to provide birth control to the students.

(Sarcasm alert) On the other hand, you can see why the Catholics want no part of birth control.
Look at how their numbers are dwindling. It’s best to get them knocked up at 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ruin their chance of being anything later in life besides welfare moms who make money having little Catholics (if they can find a Catholic daddy). We all know what God thinks of teenagers who fuck for fun.

I mean if it works as well as you claim it does for the Blacks, we should have lots of new little welfare Catholics in no time.
You are so funny! You make up stuff so you can create a little 'mini-argument' with yourself and then believe you have won the argument. Note: You might think you're a winner, but when you've 'made-up' the counter-argument, you've also lost - you loser, you.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women