Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Dallas > The Sandbox - Dallas
test
The Sandbox - Dallas The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 262
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70700
biomed162471
Yssup Rider60308
gman4453223
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48417
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41388
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35797
Mojojo33117

Thread Closed

Old 02-11-2010, 02:30 PM   #61
cookie man
Premium Access

Encounters: 13

Oh oh another memory.

Racing our cars down Valley View.
Around 1970 I worked in a grocery store as a stocker. Most the guys had fast cars.
SS396 Chevelle, Super Bee, Shelby, Camaros, GTO, and a surprisingly fast Bonneville.

We would take the bleach jugs that the paper labels and come off and use them to smoke our tires. We would talk the hot cashiers to come out and be the starters... like in the movie Grease and Rebel Without A Cause. One night the cops came, took everybody's license, kicked us out of Dallas, and told us t never come back.

Sadly one of the guys later that year went to Viet Nam and never came home.
Old 02-13-2010, 11:00 AM   #62
drez63
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

I grew up in the Lake Highlands area and high school Friday and Saturday nights were spent either parking at the Dairy Queen on Audelia, bonfires at White Rock Lake......watching the "submarine races"......, taking your date for the evening to Flag Pole Hill to "hike" or on a dateless night cruising Forest Lane (in my bad ass 350 cu.in. '74 Nova complete with home installed sunroof and Kraco 8 track, 4 channel EQ booster and 6x9 Jensens in the package tray...blastin out Boston....ZZ Top or Willie Nelson.....and of course the 40 channel Cobra CB radio (our internet chat rooms back then)..............drinking the Schlitz we bought at the Kellers drive thru or the little beer store where Skillman and Abrams crossed.........neither place carded......

Good Simple times,,,,,,,,,i miss 'em
Old 02-13-2010, 01:31 PM   #63
vesuvius
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 4

sing along with me

"7-4-8-1-4-1-4, 7-4-8-1-4-1-4, call the dallas time herald classified, get results like you've never seen before!"

that's got to get me a gold star. - pre area-code phone number days.
Old 08-17-2010, 02:05 AM   #64
knowshisstuff
Account Disabled

Encounters: 10

I remember 7 digit dialing. The number I loved calling back then was 360-6000. It was free but it would play recorded segments of a scary scene and you would hit 1 to respond one way, and 2 for another way. It had all KINDS of cool crap on it.

Six Flags had the Spindletop, the Spinnaker (rumored to have been re-branded and relocated to Frontier City in Oklahoma), bumper cars, and the Cliff Hanger.

BJ & Lester were on the air. Side note: I appeared on an episode of it.

Russ "Mad Dog" Martin was funny (circa 1992 while filming short-lived TV shows Hot Tickets/Hot TV)

Daaaaaangerous Darren, from Hair Nation on satellite radio, was the night DJ for the Eagle. How about when Redbeard was Q102 doing Triple Shot Thursdays?

Ladies, I'm pretty sure he didn't copyright the term Triple Shot Thursdays. All I'm saying here is, marketing idea!
Old 08-17-2010, 02:31 AM   #65
pmdelites
consulting for delites

Encounters: 122

if you know your stuff, you would know not to post on threads more than 30 days old.
Old 08-17-2010, 08:29 AM   #66
knowshisstuff
Account Disabled

Encounters: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmdelites View Post
if you know your stuff, you would know not to post on threads more than 30 days old.
I believe you are referring to the *30* day or more policy listed as rule #13 on the forum posting guidelines.

I can see no reason why your response warranting being added to the discussion. You open with a derogatory statement that demonstrates a lack of knowledge regarding the true meaning behind my screen name. Then, you proceeded to chastise me powered only by an incorrect understanding of the guidelines for posting.

The 30 day limit was clearly written to govern posts in review forums, not discussion threads.

[Taken from ECCIE General Conduct Guidelines]
"#13 - In our review forums, be mindful of the 'maturity' of threads you are posting to, ie. the date of the last item posted. We ask that you refrain from posting to a review in which the last post was made 30 or more days ago. Some exceptions may apply if you are providing relevant, valuable or updated information about the provider, but as a general rule of thumb, this can best be accomplished by writing a new review altogether and avoiding the bumping of old ones. This applies to our review forums, in particular, as discussion threads are often allowed to flow for an unspecified length of time.
Old 08-19-2010, 07:06 AM   #67
Torito
Ambassador

Encounters: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by drez63 View Post
From reading posts I see many of you are like me.......an original Dallasite who was here before Dallas grew up and lost its character,,,,,,
6. KBOX country radio
;
Oh, you babies. I have never lived in Dallas, but it has been my happy hunting ground since 1950. The fair was the most massive thing I could imagine. Got some good stories. Lots of great visits 1956-1958. 1960. KBOX was anything except country. It was the hot station for kids music. Drag strip on the south side, I think near Devils Bowl. Red '60 Impala 348 4 speed was the hottest thing there, except maybe an ugly '50 Chevy coupe with same setup. Harley hill climbs in south Dallas. A few visitsin early/mid 60's. Not much more until I found ASPD. AMPville. Heaven a couple of times a week.Torito
Old 08-19-2010, 07:47 AM   #68
angusranch
Valued Poster

Encounters: 33

Going out to Love Field when the terminal was on the east side and watching the old piston powered airliners through the chain link fence.
Old 11-23-2011, 10:03 AM   #69
SweetMelody
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 78207
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by drez63 View Post
From reading posts I see many of you are like me.......an original Dallasite who was here before Dallas grew up and lost its character,,,,,,
You guys remember;

1. the smell of Mrs Bairds bread baking along Central
2. Jamies Hamburgers
3. Frank X Tolberts on Cedar Springs
4. Adairs when it was on Cedar Springs
5. The Railhead
6. KBOX country radio
7. The Rubiyat
8. The one and only Chili's
9. and Brinkers on Gaston (the original Brinker restaurant)
10. Dixie House
11. Caligula (before the fire)
12. Don's Showtime
13. Monopoly's
14. The various Tub Clubs
15. Dallas Cowboys practice field on Forest (and George Allen spying from the motel next door)
16. The Dallas BlackHawks
17. Mr. Peppermint

I would love to hear about any memories and stories of you real Dallasites who miss the real Big "D"

I grew up in an apartment complex on Greenville and Forest. We used to go peak through the fence to watch the boys practice and usually a few would come out and give us autographs. Too Tall Jones used to ride his chopper trike through our apartments and give us kids rides around the block. I told him that story recently when I met him at a night club.
Thread Closed

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women