Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Kansas and Missouri > Kansas City Metro > The Sandbox
test
The Sandbox The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT hobby-related, then you're in the right place!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 275
George Spelvin 262
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70697
biomed162442
Yssup Rider60287
gman4453223
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48409
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41359
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35764
Mojojo33117

Old 11-14-2011, 02:03 PM   #31
Guest090920
Account Disabled

Default Wow....

Never mind...good luck in the SEC.
Guest090920 is offline   Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 02:24 PM   #32
kcpitchreader
Premium Access

Encounters: 121

KU going to the ACC? I don't think so, having to play NC, NC State, Duke and Wake Forest each two times a year in hoops would really tarnish their record and show who they really are and what they really are...

Interesting that there are no rumors about KU going anywhere, or K-State either...makes you wonder if they really are in fly-over country...
kcpitchreader is offline   Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 02:52 PM   #33
JS42
Valued Poster

Encounters: 55

DD, I don't assume that anyone who dislikes the move is either ku or kstate fans. I know and understand there is a good portion of Mizzou fans that doesn't like the move. I've just followed this realignment pretty closely through the online print, radio, and message boards, and the vast majority of the nay sayers and shit talkers have been ku and kstate fans, since we share the same metro area. They have a right to their opinion, just like I have a right to respond.

If I have come across pissed on any of these posts, trust me, I'm not. I feel I'm pretty up to speed on this issue, and, for the most part, also tried to back up what I have written. I have a buttload of ku and kstate friends...they are good people. But I will defend Mizzou on this, as most of them lose their prospective when it comes to the rivalry between the three schools, as evidenced in small part on this thread. As a peace offering though, I will share this.

Thanks For The Memories. Best Conference Ever!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg big8pic.jpg (74.1 KB, 63 views)
JS42 is offline   Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 08:12 AM   #34
JS42
Valued Poster

Encounters: 55

kcpitchreader, that's some good smack talk, and as a Mizzou fan, I can appreciate it..lol. I will be objective on this though. I think the main reason ku has no options at this time is because of the small population in the state of Kansas (2.8 mill). Which means, on pure realignment talk, they don't provide a very big footprint to existing conferences. Plus their football program is in decline and they aren't supporting it.

If the Big 12 collapses however, ku will find a home in a BCS conference. They have a good athletic budget, and a powerhouse in basketball, plus on the academic side, they are a member of the prestigious AAU. I think the best home for ku would be either The Big East (if they even stay together) or the ACC. The ACC would be a perfect fit for them. Great basketball conference, and I think ku would easily hold their own on the court. That would be some awesome matchups with those teams. The Big 12 was no slouch in basketball and ku has dominated the conference.

kstate on the other hand, well, they are ku's little brother, and if the state legislature allows ku to leave without kstate coming along, kstate may be in trouble finding a new home in a BCS conference. And that's not smack talking kstate, just my honest assessment.
JS42 is offline   Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 02:43 PM   #35
BigMikeinKC
Valued Poster

Encounters: 19

I hated to see MU leave the Big 12, but at most the conference has 6 years left, unless Texas and Oklahoma decide to leave before then. I can't fault any team that left with the instability and the way the conference was run.

The Big Eight was doomed as soon as they merged with the SW.

The deal is done, like it or not. Time to move on and get over it.
BigMikeinKC is offline   Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 06:05 PM   #36
bigryan222
Account Disabled

Encounters: 15

All of this could have been avoided if last year the big 12 teams would have committed revenue like they did this year. Nebraska was not actively looking at joining the big 10 until they heard the grumblings of other teams thinking about leaving and when they called out the other schools asking them to make a financial commitment to the conference, the other schools did not do it. Nebraska acted in its own self interest then and let the big 10 know they wanted in. Until that point Nebraska to the Big 10 was not a very likely senerio.

Colorado was not a big loss, Nebraska hurt pretty bad, Texas A&M hurt, Missouri stings. The big 12 is in a worse position then they started this year, but they did pick up two decent programs to sooth the pain for a few years. I dont know how they will be able to survive long term with 4 out of 10 teams from Texas, 2 teams for a small state (KU and KSU), ISU (small BCS team in a small state), and West Virginia out in the boonies.
bigryan222 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women