Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > San Antonio > The Sandbox - San Antonio
test
The Sandbox - San Antonio The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 391
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 264
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70709
biomed162537
Yssup Rider60367
gman4453226
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48441
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41544
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35921
Mojojo33117

Old 09-02-2011, 06:24 PM   #16
Rodram
BANNED

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakhir View Post
Disagree with my ideas. Argue with me on opinion and policy. Prove me wrong with empirical evidence but make a personal attack on me and I don't care who it is I will come after you! And being called a racist pushes my buttons like no other!

Fair Warning Issued!
Oh my, my, what do you mean rakhir? Are you physically threatening me?

For those of you that are wondering, here is what I was referring to:

http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?t=284322

Oh, and by the way rakhir, I have no fear.
Rodram is offline   Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 07:15 PM   #17
bdforyou
Account Disabled

Encounters: 4

did yall notice that bobtail fuel tanker driving past on that second pic. of that windmill. bet he didnt spectate long.
bdforyou is offline   Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 07:31 PM   #18
Guest083013
Account Disabled

Encounters: 26

Quote:
bdforyou wrote:
".....mr rakhir i agree with you on all this . you make sense....."

Those of us who know him well can easily attest to the fact that not only is he an expert within the cigar and wine community ==> he is one who tends to have his ducks lined up in a row when posting things..

One of the nicer things about our community as many of us know one another and above all ===> realize there are those who are easier to ignore than screw around with!!
Guest083013 is offline   Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 07:48 PM   #19
bdforyou
Account Disabled

mr dennis i picked up on mr rankir very quickly. and the second part of your comment im gonna take as advice . thank you and please excuse my typing.
Old 09-02-2011, 07:50 PM   #20
Mr_Electric
Valued Poster

Encounters: 19

Awesome photos. I have seen some wind turbines damaged in the Guadalupe Mountains to the East of El Paso. No storm, just 180 mph sustained winds. The blades are supposed to feather in high winds and slow the rotation, but sometimes the winds are just too much.
Mr_Electric is offline   Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 07:51 PM   #21
bdforyou
Account Disabled

and thats another thing i would like to get to know some of you guys and contribute more. theres some smart people on here. some not so smart ones too.
Old 09-02-2011, 10:46 PM   #22
Rodram
BANNED

bd, since you have engineering experience, maybe you can explain this or weigh in on it for me:

I find those windmill pics peculiar because the engineering required to operate such a monstrosity is well within the capabilities of current drivetrains already in use.
Considering that there are gearboxes/transmissions of much larger configurations and under higher stress levels and extremely hostile environments such as aircraft carriers, oil tankers, trains etc this just doesn't add up.

The same stands true for the fluid in these gear boxes. We have fluids of various viscosities that are able to withstand extreme temperature fluctuations and high rpm's so here again, the claim that rakhir likes to make about failing gearboxes doesn't add up to a nice row of "ducks" (right dennisrn?).

I've been through this once before with rakhir, I've researched this issue and I haven't found anything of relevance that supports rakhir's assertions.

Another point I can make is that green energy is a republican boogie man. Green energy is often derided with unsubstantiated claims like this one. If it were truly a significant issue, the republican party would have exploited it and made wild claims like the earth being pushed off its axis by wind power or something stupid like that.

I would have to believe that these incidents were simply malfunctions due to manufacturing or assembly issues of some kind.
Old 09-03-2011, 07:51 AM   #23
bdforyou
Account Disabled

only thing i can think of is they havent been around a long time. which could come down to having a bug thats very possible. there could be a design flaw in the gear box. itcould be a fabricstion or installation flaw. the oil coulde very well be the the problem and so could the size those things have to be way out of kilter. hell there couple hundred feet in the air and heavy sided theres gonna be some wear. and back to the oil , if the oil is not matched up to thier design and application of yhese heavy giant windmills that could and most probably would be disasterous. but as we can see time will tell and give answers . it would be hard to give a firm straight answer on this unless i was hands on or handling the problem personnaly. they might already have asolution for the problem i havent researched those things much. but what ido know about them is i think there to large for the power they produce of course look at computers back in the day. and i think they are ugly but really dont care about that. its like anything else im sure time will tell if there really feasable and serve a good purpose. i know one thing they are surely very large and take up massive amounts of space.
Old 09-03-2011, 07:57 AM   #24
bdforyou
Account Disabled

and as far as us republicans go, we wouldnt give a damn about the earth falling off its axis or whatever, we would just keep on drilling. never miss a lick.
Old 09-03-2011, 11:34 AM   #25
Rodram
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdforyou View Post
only thing i can think of is they havent been around a long time. which could come down to having a bug thats very possible. there could be a design flaw in the gear box. itcould be a fabricstion or installation flaw. the oil coulde very well be the the problem and so could the size those things have to be way out of kilter. hell there couple hundred feet in the air and heavy sided theres gonna be some wear. and back to the oil , if the oil is not matched up to thier design and application of yhese heavy giant windmills that could and most probably would be disasterous. but as we can see time will tell and give answers . it would be hard to give a firm straight answer on this unless i was hands on or handling the problem personnaly. they might already have asolution for the problem i havent researched those things much. but what ido know about them is i think there to large for the power they produce of course look at computers back in the day. and i think they are ugly but really dont care about that. its like anything else im sure time will tell if there really feasable and serve a good purpose. i know one thing they are surely very large and take up massive amounts of space.
Thanks bd, I appreciate the response. They are some massively large ugly bastards aren't they? I do know that the areas where these wind generators will be placed are rather remote so hopefully they won't have too much of an impact aesthetically to the countryside. I guess time will tell.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women