Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 260
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70672
biomed162316
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453215
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48375
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41213
CryptKicker37175
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 05-29-2011, 02:35 PM   #1
Pink Floyd
KAVORKA

Encounters: 40
Question Moving abroad

No I am not talking about moving a broad. For some 10 years I have been tossing around the idea of moving to Costa Rica because of something a Panamanian friend advised me then. I just wonder how many have either lived in another country or are considering such a move. I have 2 years before I qualify for a 2nd retirement so I have plenty of time to do research, and Costa Rica may no longer be the best retirement destination.
Pink Floyd is offline   Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 01:32 PM   #2
Ebauche
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlectiNonFrangi View Post
No I am not talking about moving a broad. For some 10 years I have been tossing around the idea of moving to Costa Rica because of something a Panamanian friend advised me then. I just wonder how many have either lived in another country or are considering such a move. I have 2 years before I qualify for a 2nd retirement so I have plenty of time to do research, and Costa Rica may no longer be the best retirement destination.
Yes.

And yes.

Love LBFMs. Considering SE Asia (Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam, Malaysia, Philippines) but need to reconnoiter Central America....
Ebauche is offline   Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 02:07 PM   #3
vman757
Registered Member

Try Angeles city in the Phillippines, Cheap beers, Cheap accomodation, food, services and of course spinners.
vman757 is offline   Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 03:47 PM   #4
JohnMacnab
Valued Poster

Encounters: 13

Namibia's West coast looks like the place I might wind up in a couple of years.
JohnMacnab is offline   Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 06:53 PM   #5
acp5762
Account Disabled

Encounters: 4

Quote:
I came across a Forbes Mag article once on the ten best places to retire overseas. Places like Panama, Malasia, Austia, Ireland, spain even Canada were on their list. If I was to move outside the U.S. I certainly would pick a Beach locale.
acp5762 is offline   Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 09:08 PM   #6
Misawahawk
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

Costa Rica would be a nice place to spend the winter, but, I think living there year round would get old quick. There are bars on all the windows. It's pretty much certain you will get robbed at some point in time. That's just the cost of doing business there. Lots of friendly chicas though. I also don't think that Costa Rica is that much cheaper than the US. I've talked to an ex pat there that leveled out a big hill and built a house 7-8 miles from the ocean. Cost? $500k. That's a lot of money considering he has to leave the country every 90 days and the government could decide to stop unlimited visas and he would be screwed..
Misawahawk is offline   Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 04:16 PM   #7
Mercenary
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 3

Thailand, Philippines are much much cheaper.
Mercenary is offline   Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 11:41 AM   #8
niceguy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

Quote:

To FNF

What I am going to say here is not really meant to discourage you, but just give you a few additional things to think about.

I have lived out of the USA a few years back 5 1/2 years in Germany.

My company had sales offices there dealing with American Military.

My original intention was a 3 month working vacation, but the money was so good I ended up staying for 5 1/2 years.

I might also mention I have visited over 100 countries so do have some knowledge about other cultures.

What I am saying here is not directed toward Costa Rica, but just living outside the US in general in any other country.

If you are truly serious about this the first order of business should be to contact their embassies or consulate here and get all the legalities of this.

Don’t just depend on the web sites that are promoting this. In most cases they are just trying to make a buck off you and may or may not steer you in the right direction.

I doubt I would choose to live in another country again, and I certainly would not if I was not fluent in the language. I found there was much I missed about the US.

Just the day to day laws in some countries will drive one up the wall.

You must get legal permission to live there or your life could turn into a nightmare.

The red tape of living in Germany was mind boggling and I had to hire an attorney just to get the legalities sorted out to stay there.

At that time you could come into the country as a tourist for 3 months, but anything more than that required the legalities to be met.

As far as getting your pensions I doubt that would be a problem, but one you would need to be absolutely sure of first. I had one man working for me that was getting his US social security with no problem whatsoever.

Your health insurance could also be an issue. I was not covered under the German health plans even though I had legal status, but luckily for me my company has an international plan that covered me anywhere. I did have to pay German income tax, although a certain amount was credited against my US tax burden. If you are a US citizen you are subject to US tax no matter where you live, but as I mentioned above much or maybe all you pay in local taxes might be credited against your US obligation. It is possible your pensions could be taxed in these countries as well. Something more to investigate.

It is true that in many parts of the world female companionship is very easy to find and in general less expensive than here. Sometimes the quality is just as good and sometimes it is not.

Now it is true Latina woman are some of God’s special creatures. I met a lady that moved here from Peru on Adult Friend Finder, and I have been seeing her more or less once a month for over 10 years. It would be more often if it were not the fact that she lives 140 miles away. This has been some of the best loving of my life. This is not really a commercial situation though, although I help her out a little from time to time and usually take a gift of some nature. (This is not a formal relationship in any way though).

When I first met her she spoke almost no English, and my Spanish is limited in the extreme, but right from the start it did not matter at all. Right from the first kiss it was total GFE with little words needed. The first gift I ever gave her was a Spanish/English dictionary. She got good enough in English that she was able to pass the test for US citizenship on the first try. Needless to say she has a very good brain as well.

The reason I mention this little story above is to convey the idea is if you should move to Costa Rica and find the right lady you very well could have paradise on earth. The key is to just always treat them like a princess.
niceguy is offline   Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 07:48 PM   #9
DragonTongue
Gaining Momentum

I know of a few who have lived in Mexico, Venezuela (pre Chavez), Honduras (Roatan, not mainland), Dominican Republic, and Cayman Islands... In all, the "in" destination seems to change every few years. Once it becomes popular (Honduras, for example), the real estate will triple or quadruple in value / cost. Roatan is experiencing this currently. I've heard whispers that Nicaragua is the next up and coming destination, but I have not done the research in it.

I am several years form considering moving south, but I believe my first choice would be a large investment in a good sailboat, and move my home where the wind blows! I've been to St Thomas, Bahamas, Cayman Islands, Mexico (both coasts), Jamaica, and Roatan... Every one of those would be potential spots, but the differences in costs are astounding. As a retiree, I would want to investigate the medical care as well.
DragonTongue is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women