Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Dallas > The Sandbox - Dallas
test
The Sandbox - Dallas The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 262
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70696
biomed162434
Yssup Rider60261
gman4453222
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48405
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41321
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35745
Mojojo33117

Old 02-18-2010, 04:05 PM   #16
Tara Evans
Account Disabled

User ID: 679
My ECCIE Reviews

There is a good cajun place called Doadies. There is one on Rockwall and one that just opened off of Beltline. But I belive their called mudbugs.
Tara Evans is offline   Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 04:17 PM   #17
am woody
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 14

Do any Yats want to weigh in?

I'd like to know a good place also.
am woody is offline   Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 04:50 PM   #18
xperiment
Valued Poster

Encounters: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara Evans View Post
There is a good cajun place called Doadies. There is one on Rockwall and one that just opened off of Beltline. But I belive their called mudbugs.
Yes its called Doadies, there are a few of them. The only one I have been to is in Addison on beltline during the Monday trivia.
xperiment is offline   Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 07:16 PM   #19
flexywun
Valued Poster

Encounters: 32

i have been to the one in Carrollton (Josey/Trinity Mills) and i think the original on Greenville. they are good but somewhat pricey. found a place last year i liked Johnny G's in Lewisville. nice and spicy and more reasonably priced.

www.johnnygsseafood.com
flexywun is offline   Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 09:06 PM   #20
69er
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole Preston View Post
Sorry, I know I'm missing out, but ....just can't do it.
Nicole, do you eat Lobster? It's nothing more than a small lobster. It's hard to believe you'll be going to a culinary school, and we can't get you to eat crawdad's... What is it that makes you say, "just can't do it."? It can't be sucking head, I've heard conflicting evidence on that point!

For those looking for a good place in North Dallas, Nate's is quite good.

http://www.natesseafood.com/

Enjoy!
69er is offline   Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 01:11 AM   #21
Dharma
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 1673
My ECCIE Reviews

I'm going with Nicole on this one. When I was a kid, we'd play with them in the drainage ditches alongside the road. We called them "sewer bugs". (They weren't actually in a sewer, just the ditches but Yuk!) And I don't eat lobster either. I've tried both and I don't care for lobster but really can't eat crayfish. It's just not the kind of head I enjoy. That's O.K. though, more for all of you I have a friends in San Antonio who swear by the Fish City Grill, if you're ever down that way.
Dharma is offline   Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 06:45 AM   #22
VeronicaMoore
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 1712
My ECCIE Reviews

Yeah I have been to the Nate's in Allen COUNTLESS times (since it's closest to my house) and their fried seafood is the most authentic I've come across, but after sampling boiled seafood at different places around Dallas and having reactions from "not impressed" to "this tastes AWFUL" to "excuse me, I'm going to spit this out now," (I'm looking at you, Papadeaux's) I just decided it's best to just do it myself. Nate's po-boys are pretty adequate though (and oddly enough, I find that Jason's Deli has the best gumbo and I eat it often haha).

Boiled crawfish in Dallas though?? My sister and I have been looking for an AUTHENTIC restaurant since we got here. No luck yet. We had our own "crawfish berl" for the Superbowl though.

Although... we couldn't really find any crawfish (you have to get them live), so we got shrimp and pretended they were crawfish LOL. I don't suggest sucking shrimp heads.

If you really want a good "berl" you just have to go get a couple Zatarain's seafood boil packets, a bottle of the seafood boil seasoning (I don't see it many places, but they do have it on the "New Orleans" aisle at Fiesta) and then add some garlic (LOTS OF GARLIC), onions, some rock salt, celery stalks, red potatoes, hot sausages, and corn. Throw all that into your crawfish pot and boil. (Don't forget to purge the crawfish first before you boil them. I made that rookie mistake... twice.) Get a few newspapers, a few gallons of daiquiris (or if you wanna be REALLY authentic, a few two liters of Big Shot) and you're all set! AND DON'T EAT THE DEAD ONES (that's a NOLA thing lol). Yeah and this also works for crabs and shrimp (the shrimp only come in "dead" lol)... I actually prefer "berled" shrimp to crawfish anyway (but I'll eat crawfish anyway haha). Oh man, this was like every Sunday during lent at my house growing up lol. Out to movies, then crawfish on Lake Pontchartrain.

Man... now I really want some Deanie's
VeronicaMoore is offline   Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 08:12 AM   #23
Guest012211-3
Account Disabled

User ID: 2676
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69er View Post
Nicole, do you eat Lobster? It's nothing more than a small lobster. It's hard to believe you'll be going to a culinary school, and we can't get you to eat crawdad's... What is it that makes you say, "just can't do it."? It can't be sucking head, I've heard conflicting evidence on that point!

For those looking for a good place in North Dallas, Nate's is quite good.

http://www.natesseafood.com/

Enjoy!
LOL, I've recently embraced Lobster. Yes, I can eat crawfish if it's prepared out of it's shell in a dish. It's not my favorite. Give me time, I'm sure I will do it one day, but so far I just can't.

I'm with Dharma, my brothers used to catch them in the creek and keep them in glass jars as pets, LOL.
Guest012211-3 is offline   Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 08:26 AM   #24
VeronicaMoore
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 1712
My ECCIE Reviews

It is a lot of work for a little tiny piece of meat. Crawfish berls are more for the social aspect than the crawfish. You have to peel pounds and pounds just to get enough for a snack. The sausage, corn and potatoes are what's supposed to fill ya up.
VeronicaMoore is offline   Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 11:46 AM   #25
xperiment
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeronicaMoore View Post
It is a lot of work for a little tiny piece of meat. Crawfish berls are more for the social aspect than the crawfish. You have to peel pounds and pounds just to get enough for a snack. The sausage, corn and potatoes are what's supposed to fill ya up.
Lobsters and crab legs are the same for me. But who cares I like the flavor. Maybe because secretly I like to suck head Shh quiet...I'm straight . No swordplay .

Veronica I guess I just haven't been spoiled by authentic. As long as its good, its good for me. I'm shallow that way and uncultured *tucks in wrinkled ketchup stained shirt*.

I remember the first time i saw crawdads. Reminded me of larger[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crayfish"]Crayfish[/ame] when I lived in Minnesota as a kid. Use to take a net and scrape the bottom of the lake shore, bait it and fish bullheads. So at first sight of eating crawdads, I was like you got to be kidding me. Oh well I said the same thing about sushi, eal, etc.

Someone was telling me about The Boiling Crab in Garland. Anyone heard of that place?
Old 02-19-2010, 11:47 AM   #26
xperiment
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by xperiment View Post
Yes its called Doadies, there are a few of them. The only one I have been to is in Addison on beltline during the Monday trivia.
I was taking Tara's spelling and just now realized its wrong. Doddies. Unless there is a Doadies?
Old 02-19-2010, 12:44 PM   #27
Tara Evans
Account Disabled

User ID: 679
My ECCIE Reviews

Mmmm my bad, i though it was spelled Doadies? The owner of the greenville and rockwall one are good friends and I have always text him with the spelling doadies. Mabey he just didin't want to correct me.
Tara Evans is offline   Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 01:06 PM   #28
xperiment
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara Evans View Post
Mmmm my bad, i though it was spelled Doadies? The owner of the greenville and rockwall one are good friends and I have always text him with the spelling doadies. Mabey he just didin't want to correct me.
He's just being sweet. Probably likes to see you sucking head . Wait....can I watch too, lol.
Old 02-19-2010, 01:52 PM   #29
RealBeer285
Valued Poster

Encounters: 5

I have been going to the original on Greenville since it opened, didn't know there were others. I live a sheltered life.

http://www.dodiestexas.com/
RealBeer285 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women