Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
test
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 395
Harley Diablo 377
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 277
George Spelvin 265
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70761
biomed162982
Yssup Rider60634
gman4453274
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48577
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino42239
CryptKicker37198
The_Waco_Kid36618
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old Today, 11:25 AM   #61
lustylad
Premium Access

Encounters: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by txdot-guy View Post
So what. He was appealing to voters who wanted to see a woman of color as the vice president. That doesn’t mean that it was the only criteria he used. Why does that make him a racist and why does that make her a diversity hire.
Look, not every female or minority nominee is a "diversity hire". Many prove their merit on the job. Kamala Harris did not. She has zero positive accomplishments to show for her 4 years as Veep. THAT is why people scoff and label her a diversity hire.

Quote:
You keep harping on this fact like it means something but the fact is that it has no relevance whatsoever.
The guy who harped incessantly on it was Joe Biden, not me. He wanted to virtue-signal to liberal voters like yourself - "look at me, I'm so virtuous! I promise you I will pick a black female running mate (regardless of qualifications)!"

Evidently Joe Biden thought it was extremely relevant! Nobody will ever accuse him of being colorblind.

Quote:
People who say that Kamala Harris is not qualified because she is black or a woman are spouting sexist and racist rhetoric.
Please go back to your post #29 and re-read your wikipedia definition of "straw man argument". You just delivered one.

Nobody is saying Kamala is not qualified because she is black or a woman. What people are thinking - and saying out loud in the runup to Election Day - is she's not qualified because she is an AIRHEAD. They see it every time she opens her mouth. No depth, no clarity of thought, no convictions, no accomplishments to speak of. Thoughtful, discerning people understand what a disaster it would be to put someone as shallow and vacuous as Kamala Harris in charge of our nation.
lustylad is offline   Quote
Old Today, 11:33 AM   #62
lustylad
Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yssup Rider View Post
You can't level the playing field by lowering it or throwing away the rule book...
I agree. Joe Biden definitely tilted and lowered the playing field in choosing a Veep back in 2020 when he stupidly promised in advance to exclude 80% of all possible candidates from consideration by limiting his selection to "women of color".
Old Today, 11:51 AM   #63
VitaMan
Premium Access

Encounters: 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by lustylad View Post
Look, not every female or minority nominee is a "diversity hire". Many prove their merit on the job. Kamala Harris did not. She has zero positive accomplishments to show for her 4 years as Veep. THAT is why people scoff and label her a diversity hire.

The job of a VP is not to create a long list of accomplishments when they serve. You are totally mistaken what the reason for that office is.

Dan Quayle was one of our vice presidents. His accomplishments ? He did manage to say this:

"What a waste it is to lose one's mind. Or not to have a mind is being very wasteful. How true that is."
VitaMan is offline   Quote
Old Today, 12:00 PM   #64
eyecu2
Premium Access

Encounters: 82

Quote:
Originally Posted by lustylad View Post
So when Joe Biden back in 2020 promised he would choose a "woman of color" to be his running mate - and thereby eliminated 80% of potential candidates for no other reason than they had the "wrong" skin color and/or biological sex - was that racism?

Don't be afraid to call it like it is.
one persons racism is the other person's inclusion.

Can one be a racist for eliminating a person by skin color alone- I'd say yes-

but in todays culture- inclusion or affirmative action or anything that is a tool for making more diversity of ethnicity is always going to have a counter-effect on those not chosen- by their ethnicity, gender, or viewpoints. / or pocketbook.

Are you against all Diversity, Ethnicity, and Inclusion by proxy?

I think holistically it's a good idea, but in actual practice, someone is always being overlooked- but it's for the reason of creating an equal opportunity overall.

Hiring by gender or race is a tricky mo-fo.
eyecu2 is offline   Quote
Old Today, 01:05 PM   #65
lustylad
Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitaMan View Post
The job of a VP is not to create a long list of accomplishments when they serve.
Ok, then I'd settle for a short list. Kamala has neither. That's what makes her a diversity hire.

Quote:
Dan Quayle was one of our vice presidents. His accomplishments? He did manage to say this:

"What a waste it is to lose one's mind. Or not to have a mind is being very wasteful. How true that is."
Lol! Yep, Dan Quayle was another airhead. He was speaking to the National Negro College Fund, whose slogan was "A mind is a terrible thing to waste." He mangled it!
Old Today, 01:32 PM   #66
VitaMan
Premium Access

Encounters: 70

A VP does what the boss says. That's all. The boss picked them to be on the bosses ticket.
VitaMan is offline   Quote
Old Today, 01:50 PM   #67
lustylad
Premium Access

Quote:
A VP does what the boss says. That's all.
She couldn't even do that. Biden told her to fix the border and she did nothing.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women