Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
test
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 263
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70696
biomed162401
Yssup Rider60246
gman4453221
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48403
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41294
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35719
Mojojo33117

Old 08-21-2024, 09:34 AM   #16
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillysEatinIt View Post
I realize that I have misunderstood you, Tiny. My apologies. But I still say that it is YOU that are a genius. I am convinced!

Carry on!

(Hey...is that true about Spain? Fuck! How did I not know? Please note that this question IS on topic! I promise to respect that going forward!)
You damn right it is. You're spot on topic Billy!

After giving this further consideration, I believe Kamala's idea to chase the Cuban and Venezuelan strippers out of the USA by lowering living standards is a great idea. All you can do in a U.S. titty bar is look at them. But yes indeed, if they go to Spain, then you can fuck them too!

To illustrate this, I just re-posted some trip reports here. Please note the parts in italics in the links, which describe Venezuelan and Cuban hotties I porked in Spain. It would be great to have more of them there in Spain, to crowd out the Bulgarians and Romanians who have shitty attitudes.

And all the sophisticated monger like you or me needs to do is hop on a plane to get there!

https://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?t=2997332

https://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?t=2997333
Tiny is offline   Quote
Old 08-21-2024, 09:41 AM   #17
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael8219 View Post
Tiny is right! But if you watched Kamal speak she said “price gauging” instead of price gouging…

Evidence that 1) obummer and his minions are the puppeteers, and 2) Kamal is just as slow, if not slower, than creepy Joe.

I better go buy some seeds and a greenhouse shortly. Wait, if it gets spotted by the KGB (Kamal’s Government Bozos), they’ll commandeer some of my tomatoes and okra.

Slightly off topic. I only read and saw literally three minutes of the Monday night production in corrupt Chicago. Joe crying, 2nd man crying, some TX rep crying, everyone crying.

Wait till they implement their price gauging scheme, then you’ll be crying. Your government cheese will be just a slice and the containers will be full of Soylent Green. Gots to go pick out my government condo with “furniture.”
The typical supermarket has a margin of around 5%. And I imagine farmers and ranchers who didn't luck out and inherit land have pretty low returns on investment. So when the price of tomatoes or okra pop up, what's going to happen? Does that mean there will be no tomatoes and okra? The super market shelves will be empty?

Well Michael, not if patriotic Americans like you grow tomatoes and okra in your backyards! I presume if you sell any of those tomatoes, you'll be sure and price them at or below government mandated levels, even if you lose money after taking into account your cost for seeds, fertilizer and water and the like. Thanks for doing your part in Kamala's plan to make America great!

Seriously, I hope this is just electioneering, and she won't do this if elected. Ironically, the president who pioneered price fixing was a Republican, Richard Nixon. That was his worst idea, worse than trying to cover up Watergate. You'd think our politicians would learn from history, but they don't.
Tiny is offline   Quote
Old 08-21-2024, 09:45 AM   #18
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by txdot-guy View Post
Tiny is a little over the top here but he’s not wrong. Price controls are a really bad way to solve this economic problem. I think his post is written this way merely to make people pay attention to the issue and he appears to have been successful.

The truth is that our food supply and distribution system in the united states is vast and complex. Monkeying around with price controls will have unintended consequences and effectively throw a spanner into the gears.

If the goal is to make food more affordable for those who need it maybe an expansion of The Emergency Food Assistance Program would be helpful. https://www.fns.usda.gov/tefap/tefap-fact-sheet. Or a program to help form and support local food banks. Or providing free breakfast and lunch for students. All these things can help us stretch our food dollars.

Or perhaps they should campaign on the work that’s already been done so that people can see what has already been working. I’m not necessarily opposed to some income redistribution but price controls are not the way to do it.
Good post TXDot. I agree with much but not all of it. For example free breakfast and lunch for kids whose families are well off doesn't make sense IMHO. What you say is sensible.
Tiny is offline   Quote
Old 08-21-2024, 11:21 AM   #19
Levianon17
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
Kamala Harris received a lot of criticism from Republicans because of the sorry state of the border. This however is unfair. President Biden didn't encharge Kamala with enforcing the law at the border. Rather he asked her to work on improving economic conditions in Latin American countries, so that people wouldn't feel compelled to leave their homes and families, to make the dangerous trek northward in search of a better life.

Well, by golly, even though her brief didn't involve the border, she's come up with a real out-of-the-box solution!

OK, you're going to think I'm changing the subject now, but I'm not. Please bear with me. This is from Noah Smith's substack the other day. Smith is about as far left as you can get for a mainstream economist. Think Paul Krugman. Actually Krugman is one of his fans. Here are some excerpts from what Smith has to say about Kamala's recent proposal to impose price controls on food and groceries:

Vice President Kamala Harris on Friday will unveil a proposed ban on "price gouging" in the grocery and food industries, embracing a strikingly populist proposal in her most significant economic policy announcement since becoming the Democratic Party's nominee.

In a statement released late Wednesday night, the Harris campaign said that if elected, she would push for the "first-ever federal ban" on food price hikes, with sweeping new powers for federal authorities.

Harris's plan will include "the first-ever federal ban on price gouging on food and groceries setting clear rules of the road to make clear that big corporations can't unfairly exploit consumers to run up excessive corporate profits on food and groceries," the campaign said in a statement.

The exact details of the campaign's plan were not immediately clear, but Harris said she would aim to enact the ban within her first 100 days, in part by directing the Federal Trade Commission to impose "harsh penalties" on firms that break new limits on "price gouging. " The statement did not define price gouging or "excessive" profits.

Price controls on food are a really terrible idea. The best-case scenario is that the controls are ineffectual but create the legal and administrative machinery for far more harmful controls in the future. The worst-case scenario is that they cause shortages of food and groceries, leading to mass hardship, exacerbating inflation, and setting America up for increased political instability.

....It's also a very bad sign that Harris intends to use executive power to implement price controls. She appears to believe that the Federal Trade Commission can impose penalties on companies that "price gouge" i.e. , that raise their prices more than the administration believes is warranted. I am not a lawyer, but the idea that the FTC can go in and simply tell a Kroger's in Michigan what price to charge for eggs seems like a vast expansion of the agency's powers.

....(Harris' proposal), if it succeeded, it would create the legal machinery for the kind of disastrous spiral of price controls, hoarding crackdowns, and shortages that brought down the economy of Venezuela.

....When people hear the words Soviet Union and Venezuela in connection with the U.S. economy, they often roll their eyes. Those regimes were dysfunctional in a very large number of ways price controls were only a piece of the story in each case. But that doesnt mean basic economic operates differently in the USSR or Venezuela than it does in America. The economic logic of price controls in a competitive industry like groceries is basic Econ 101 supply-and-demand stuff. The good old Econ 101 supply-and-demand model doesnt work in all cases, but its very good at explaining exactly why price controls cause shortages in highly competitive industries.

Yes, we've all grown tired of libertarians and free-market types shouting "It's just Econ 101, bro. Do you want to be the Soviet Union?" every time anyone proposes a government intervention in the economy. But in this particular case, they happen to be correct! (Tiny's note: The Libertarians and Free-Market types are right far more often than Smith cares to admit. But Kamala's proposal is a bridge too far for even him.)

https://www.noahpinion.blog/

This is a stroke of brilliance! Kamala Harris doesn't have to bring the economies of Latin America up to the level of the USA to stop illegal immigration! All she has to do is bring the USA down to the level of Venezuela, or the old Soviet Union before its breakup and Putin's reforms! And her price controls on food will be a great start!

Kamala 2024! Get it Done!

Acknowledgements: This is based on James Freeman's idea in an editorial in the WSJ. And I would like to thank a nameless eccie contributor for turning me onto Noah Smith's blog.
That was the game plan at the start of the Obama administration. It was handed off to Biden and now to Harris if she wins. Trump was in the way during his time in office, so they badgered the shit out of him. These bastards on the left know how to play the game, they know how conjure up votes and they know how to cheat.
Levianon17 is offline   Quote
Old 08-21-2024, 02:46 PM   #20
txdot-guy
Valued Poster

Quote:
Good post TXDot. I agree with much but not all of it. For example free breakfast and lunch for kids whose families are well off doesn't make sense IMHO. What you say is sensible.
As someone who has missed plenty of meals growing up a free healthy meal for breakfast and lunch would have gone a long way toward making school a better place for me.

No pun intended but baking in the cost of healthy meals into the school budget seems to be a good way of subsidizing families to me.
txdot-guy is online now   Quote
Old 08-21-2024, 02:46 PM   #21
Jackie S
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levianon17 View Post
That was the game plan at the start of the Obama administration. It was handed off to Biden and now to Harris if she wins. Trump was in the way during his time in office, so they badgered the shit out of him. These bastards on the left know how to play the game, they know how conjure up votes and they know how to cheat.
^^^^^^^^^^
Jackie S is offline   Quote
Old 08-21-2024, 06:59 PM   #22
Brot
Valued Poster

Encounters: 23

A real stretch to equate a stupid, vote pandering, platform statement with the end of American capitalism.
Brot is offline   Quote
Old 08-24-2024, 03:31 PM   #23
Daneskold1
BANNED

Quote:
Kamala Harris received a lot of criticism from Republicans because of the sorry state of the border. This however is unfair. President Biden didn't encharge Kamala with enforcing the law at the border. Rather he asked her to work on improving economic conditions in Latin American countries, so that people wouldn't feel compelled to leave their homes and families, to make the dangerous trek northward in search of a better life.

Well, by golly, even though her brief didn't involve the border, she's come up with a real out-of-the-box solution!

OK, you're going to think I'm changing the subject now, but I'm not. Please bear with me. This is from Noah Smith's substack the other day. Smith is about as far left as you can get for a mainstream economist. Think Paul Krugman. Actually Krugman is one of his fans. Here are some excerpts from what Smith has to say about Kamala's recent proposal to impose price controls on food and groceries:

Vice President Kamala Harris on Friday will unveil a proposed ban on "price gouging" in the grocery and food industries, embracing a strikingly populist proposal in her most significant economic policy announcement since becoming the Democratic Party's nominee.

In a statement released late Wednesday night, the Harris campaign said that if elected, she would push for the "first-ever federal ban" on food price hikes, with sweeping new powers for federal authorities.

Harris's plan will include "the first-ever federal ban on price gouging on food and groceries setting clear rules of the road to make clear that big corporations can't unfairly exploit consumers to run up excessive corporate profits on food and groceries," the campaign said in a statement.

The exact details of the campaign's plan were not immediately clear, but Harris said she would aim to enact the ban within her first 100 days, in part by directing the Federal Trade Commission to impose "harsh penalties" on firms that break new limits on "price gouging. " The statement did not define price gouging or "excessive" profits.

Price controls on food are a really terrible idea. The best-case scenario is that the controls are ineffectual but create the legal and administrative machinery for far more harmful controls in the future. The worst-case scenario is that they cause shortages of food and groceries, leading to mass hardship, exacerbating inflation, and setting America up for increased political instability.

....It's also a very bad sign that Harris intends to use executive power to implement price controls. She appears to believe that the Federal Trade Commission can impose penalties on companies that "price gouge" i.e. , that raise their prices more than the administration believes is warranted. I am not a lawyer, but the idea that the FTC can go in and simply tell a Kroger's in Michigan what price to charge for eggs seems like a vast expansion of the agency's powers.

....(Harris' proposal), if it succeeded, it would create the legal machinery for the kind of disastrous spiral of price controls, hoarding crackdowns, and shortages that brought down the economy of Venezuela.

....When people hear the words Soviet Union and Venezuela in connection with the U.S. economy, they often roll their eyes. Those regimes were dysfunctional in a very large number of ways price controls were only a piece of the story in each case. But that doesnt mean basic economic operates differently in the USSR or Venezuela than it does in America. The economic logic of price controls in a competitive industry like groceries is basic Econ 101 supply-and-demand stuff. The good old Econ 101 supply-and-demand model doesnt work in all cases, but its very good at explaining exactly why price controls cause shortages in highly competitive industries.

Yes, we've all grown tired of libertarians and free-market types shouting "It's just Econ 101, bro. Do you want to be the Soviet Union?" every time anyone proposes a government intervention in the economy. But in this particular case, they happen to be correct! (Tiny's note: The Libertarians and Free-Market types are right far more often than Smith cares to admit. But Kamala's proposal is a bridge too far for even him.)

https://www.noahpinion.blog/

This is a stroke of brilliance! Kamala Harris doesn't have to bring the economies of Latin America up to the level of the USA to stop illegal immigration! All she has to do is bring the USA down to the level of Venezuela, or the old Soviet Union before its breakup and Putin's reforms! And her price controls on food will be a great start!

Kamala 2024! Get it Done!

Acknowledgements: This is based on James Freeman's idea in an editorial in the WSJ. And I would like to thank a nameless eccie contributor for turning me onto Noah Smith's blog.
Her premise is correct. God only knows what her solution is going to be. And true Democratic Party fashion I'm sure it will be an insulting token at best. If we simply prosecuted antitrust violations and break up the corporate entities that have been perpetrating them for decades, I'm sure things would get better. Best policy practice would be to stop market fixing and heavy thumb on the scales by our federal legislative mandates. A true free market in other words. Capitalism instead of imperialism.

Since that's the best solution, I doubt sincerely either party will bring it up let alone propose it. ��♂️
Daneskold1 is offline   Quote
Old 08-24-2024, 03:35 PM   #24
Daneskold1
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillysEatinIt View Post
You know what? I was WRONG. My profound apologies. I just realized that this is potentially the best thread ever started here.

I mean, look. We already got Salty to waste a couple minutes here. That's less time he has to post GA Election stuff now. We are off to a damn good start! If this works out, we can pull all of the usual suspects into this thread and they won't be able to post anywhere else! Overnight the IQ of this Board will skyrocket.

This could be freakin awesome!

So Tiny, don't be so modest, my friend. It is not Kamala that's the genius. It's you! And this thread. But realize that it's going to take some more work on your part. Michael8912 just posted a hilarious thread about dead people voting. Some super original work! He might suck up a bunch of views from you.

But keep working at it! The more time you spend on this, the better it will all be, I'm sure. Really.

Or you could head over to Michael's thread. Highly recommended! Spend as much time there as you can! You too Salty!
Hear! Hear!!!

ROTFLMAO 🤣

Perfectly put.
Old 08-24-2024, 03:36 PM   #25
Daneskold1
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brot View Post
A real stretch to equate a stupid, vote pandering, platform statement with the end of American capitalism.

Capitalism ended in 1980. We've had nothing but imperialism since.
Old 08-24-2024, 03:39 PM   #26
Daneskold1
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by txdot-guy View Post
As someone who has missed plenty of meals growing up a free healthy meal for breakfast and lunch would have gone a long way toward making school a better place for me.

No pun intended but baking in the cost of healthy meals into the school budget seems to be a good way of subsidizing families to me.
No doubt! You are 100% correct. If we want to do it completely right, it would be a free breakfast and lunch provided by a #FarmToSchool model!
In over 200 districts across the nation, it has been a raging success. Students parents and staff alike really appreciating it. The implementation is key. Having advocate teachers for all three groups. Revitalizing the local economy, taking subsidies away from planet killing billion dollar per quarter corporate donor class types. The same model should be implemented for SNAP and WIC! #FarmToFamily
Old 08-24-2024, 06:49 PM   #27
Daneskold1
BANNED

Quote:
At least the post you are replying to talks policy. Incorrectly, but addressing pertinent issue. I don't know how you don't receive an infraction for this chops and tossed word salad.

The one real world dynamic you hear upon is in egregious error. They both cheat, with each others consent until 2016. Well Senate seats have been awarded incorrectly and knowingly so by the opposition, never before has the executive branch been stolen well aside from 2000.
Old 08-24-2024, 06:59 PM   #28
Daneskold1
BANNED

Quote:
Enforcing antitrust violations are certainly not "price controls" you act as if we have this free market already in place. You insinuate that we somehow have something connected to capitalism.. Nothing whatsoever. Capitalism requires a truly free and unfettered market with thoughtfully and placed strictly enforced consumer protection's. We have neither. There isn't one in any sector of the entire economy. I suppose the farmers market on Wednesday evenings and Saturday mornings would qualify but other than that, no. The GOP always and occasionally the help from the Democratic Party completely structure the market as to being favored to someone. "The party of small government" has more handicaps and regulation on business than most parties that label themselves true socialist. If you know of a truly free market in this country, I would love to hear about it.

Then, I have to address citing a blog. Just get out. Go!
Old 08-24-2024, 07:02 PM   #29
AwesomeAce
BANNED

Quote:
AwesomeAce is offline   Quote
Old 08-24-2024, 07:05 PM   #30
Daneskold1
BANNED

Quote:
The typical supermarket has a margin of around 5%. And I imagine farmers and ranchers who didn't luck out and inherit land have pretty low returns on investment. So when the price of tomatoes or okra pop up, what's going to happen? Does that mean there will be no tomatoes and okra? The super market shelves will be empty?

Well Michael, not if patriotic Americans like you grow tomatoes and okra in your backyards! I presume if you sell any of those tomatoes, you'll be sure and price them at or below government mandated levels, even if you lose money after taking into account your cost for seeds, fertilizer and water and the like. Thanks for doing your part in Kamala's plan to make America great!

Seriously, I hope this is just electioneering, and she won't do this if elected. Ironically, the president who pioneered price fixing was a Republican, Richard Nixon. That was his worst idea, worse than trying to cover up Watergate. You'd think our politicians would learn from history, but they don't.
I find it hard to give you or the person you are replying to any credibility. "The typical supermarket" does not make 5% profit. The typical supermarket is Walmart. Having 45% of the market share pay and, surprise surprise the entire grocery department is nothing but a loss leader. You heard me correctly, a loss leader. And effective enticement to give you opportunity and persuade you to buy incredibly profitable brand new shiny Chinese plastic junk. All the while being subsidized in this supposedly free market, being subsidized by the taxpayer in that 800,000 of its 2.2 million American employees are on some kind of federal aid. So, no. "The average supermarket certainly does not earn a 5% profit. I don't know about you, but my back hurts from carrying the Fortune 500. Especially the Walmart heirs, Elon Sirius national security threat Musk and Jeff Bezos types.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women