Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > New York > Upstate New York > The Sandbox - Upstate New York
test
The Sandbox - Upstate New York The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 261
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70680
biomed162376
Yssup Rider60212
gman4453216
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48392
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41260
CryptKicker37178
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35644
Mojojo33117

Old 08-10-2024, 04:15 PM   #61
TechPapi
BANNED

Encounters: 5

TechPapi is offline   Quote
Old 08-10-2024, 04:22 PM   #62
FBSMLUVR
Premium Access

Encounters: 53

Gov Walz economy.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/adammil...-in-minnesota/
FBSMLUVR is offline   Quote
Old 08-10-2024, 04:30 PM   #63
BillysEatinIt
BANNED

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBSMLUVR View Post
I did/do prefer cheaper grocery & gas prices like they were under Trump.
I'm no good at looking up shit like inflation statistics. But I will bet a bunch that gas and grocery prices under Trump were shitty at times. Especially gas. This is one of those things that Trumpers like to go to all the time. Blame Biden for the supply chain problems and all of that bullshit. I know you aren't saying that but you do imply it.

Did Biden add to inflation with some of the bucks he spent to keep us from going into a crazy recession? Probably. But Trump would have fucked that up so much worse. The rich would be even richer and the rest of us would be worse off.

But let's talk about them fucking pervert LGBTQ people some more. I heard recently that they were taking all of the jobs away from Black people.
BillysEatinIt is offline   Quote
Old 08-10-2024, 04:48 PM   #64
offshoredrilling
Valued Poster

Encounters: 36

offshoredrilling is online now   Quote
Old 08-10-2024, 05:26 PM   #65
FBSMLUVR
Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillysEatinIt View Post
I'm no good at looking up shit like inflation statistics. But I will bet a bunch that gas and grocery prices under Trump were shitty at times. Especially gas. This is one of those things that Trumpers like to go to all the time. Blame Biden for the supply chain problems and all of that bullshit. I know you aren't saying that but you do imply it.

Did Biden add to inflation with some of the bucks he spent to keep us from going into a crazy recession? Probably. But Trump would have fucked that up so much worse. The rich would be even richer and the rest of us would be worse off.

But let's talk about them fucking pervert LGBTQ people some more. I heard recently that they were taking all of the jobs away from Black people.
I don’t have to look up inflation stats, I feel it in my wallet and so does every family in this country trying to put food on the table to feed their family.

Regarding your comment about the bucks Biden spent to keep us from going into a recession, here’s a little something for you to read to get some insight.

https://nypost.com/2023/09/07/biden-...-the-election/

And now, after the most recent jobs report, the raw truth about all that spending is starting to show its ugly head. Saying that Trump would have fucked it up much worse is at best your opinion, at worst it’s a hypothetical assumption with absolutely nothing to back it up.

And as far as your ridiculous comment about the LGBTQ community taking jobs away from black folks. I believe the comment was that the illegal immigrants were taking those jobs away. Why you continue to bring up the LGBTQ community is beyond me. You’re the one that has said to drop it, but yet you continue to bring it up.

You should take some time to read the Forbes article above your post. It’ll also give you some insight on how the progressive left economic policies have on our economy.
Old 08-10-2024, 07:18 PM   #66
TechPapi
BANNED

Old 08-10-2024, 07:19 PM   #67
TechPapi
BANNED

Old 08-10-2024, 07:19 PM   #68
TechPapi
BANNED

Old 08-10-2024, 07:25 PM   #69
TechPapi
BANNED

Old 08-10-2024, 07:34 PM   #70
FBSMLUVR
Premium Access

TechPapi

While your cartoons may be funny, they’re completely meaningless in the full context of trying to make a cogent argument. Btw, that’s actually the definition of a cartoon.

Formal definition: “A simple drawing showing the features of its subjects in a humorously exaggerated way, especially a satirical one in a newspaper or magazine.”

Simple, exaggerated & satirical being the key words.

The debates, if the Dem ticket partners have the nuts to actually show up to more than one that isn’t in a safe place with “safe words” to bail them out when they can’t answer in an intelligent way. Where they feel they’re comfy and not have to worry about actual tough questions regarding their policy stances, that the American people want to hear their actual answers to. The Harris campaign website still has no mentions of economic policy, let alone policy stances on any policy.
Old 08-10-2024, 07:52 PM   #71
elghund
Valued Poster

Encounters: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBSMLUVR View Post
I don’t have to look up inflation stats, I feel it in my wallet and so does every family in this country trying to put food on the table to feed their family.

Regarding your comment about the bucks Biden spent to keep us from going into a recession, here’s a little something for you to read to get some insight.

https://nypost.com/2023/09/07/biden-...-the-election/

And now, after the most recent jobs report, the raw truth about all that spending is starting to show its ugly head. Saying that Trump would have fucked it up much worse is at best your opinion, at worst it’s a hypothetical assumption with absolutely nothing to back it up.

And as far as your ridiculous comment about the LGBTQ community taking jobs away from black folks. I believe the comment was that the illegal immigrants were taking those jobs away. Why you continue to bring up the LGBTQ community is beyond me. You’re the one that has said to drop it, but yet you continue to bring it up.

You should take some time to read the Forbes article above your post. It’ll also give you some insight on how the progressive left economic policies have on our economy.
Hmmmm…….I go back to the banking and real estate crash during the conservative right wing policies of the Bush era. Pretty horrible time back then, and Obama’s policies pulled us out of that.

Obama handed Trump a pretty good economy, which Trump totally fucked up once the pandemic hit.

There are ups and downs in both ways to govern. Trying to blame only one party is kinda foolish.

elg…….
elghund is offline   Quote
Old 08-10-2024, 08:14 PM   #72
FBSMLUVR
Premium Access

^^^^

Definitely not trying to blame any one party elg. That’s exactly what I’m trying not to do. I may not be doing a very good job at it, and will admit my flaws as I have in the past. I’ve been wrong before, and have no doubt I will be again.

Bush’s Admin completely fucked up that housing bubble and way over deregulated the banking system allowing people to take out home loans that they wouldn’t be able to afford after their “interest only” monthly payments came to an end. Also more popularly known as subprime mortgage loans. It damn near not only crashed our economy, but the entire world economy. I remember owning a home in Houston at the time and across the street was a family of four half my age in a home twice the size of mine. All I could think of was…how in the fuck can they afford that house? Well, shit hit the fan, they had to sell and they lost their ass. They’re still probably trying to repair their credit rating.

Three amazing movies to watch regarding the 2008 housing bubble: Too Big To Fail, Margin Call & The Big Short. Especially The Big Short. Based on a true story (as the others are) and really gets into the details of the entire picture. It discusses how investment companies “shorted” the mortgage companies investments on those subprime mortgages and were right and made a fucking fortune, which actually contributed even more to the crash. Fucking mortgage companies never seen it coming. Awesome movie IMO.

Trump inherited a pretty good economy, I’ll agree to that. But, to compare what happened during Covid is an unfair comparison. The Covid pandemic was once in a multi generation occurrence, and who the hell knows how anyone else would have handled it.

I recall at the time thinking….we’re all gonna die while I’m binge watching Netflix. I watched people I was close with end up in the hospital on their death bed. Some didn’t make it, some did. So, there’s literally nothing to compare that situation with in our modern era.
Old 08-10-2024, 10:16 PM   #73
JONBALLS
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

can't believe you would spend any serious thought and or time

going back and forth with this

there are just 2 diametrically opposed views

this gets handled beyond politicians

out in the real world and your interactions
JONBALLS is offline   Quote
Old 08-11-2024, 12:21 AM   #74
MajorHands
Premium Access

Encounters: 104

Quote:
Originally Posted by offshoredrilling View Post
Facts matter. I haven't seen any quotes where he says he carried a weapon in combat. He deployed in support of Operation Enduring Freedom. The duty was in Italy and his unit was conducting security operations. The biggest threat he likely faced was possible terrorist operations to disrupt support for operations in Afghanistan.

Further, if he wasn't already the Command Sergeant Major of the Artillery Battalion, then he was the Operations Sergeant (based on assignments he held). The jobs those guys need to do are not direct combat jobs. Even in Iraq and Afghanistan (I deployed to both, also in staff positions), the risks were mostly indirect (VBIED, IED, mortar and rocket attacks).

Waltz would completely understand that he would not be at much risk in Iraq. Suggesting he was afraid to go is just nonsense. Getting another deployment in would have improved his chances of retiring as a CSM and would have added to his retirement pay.

Either way, Waltz's claim to have "carried a weapon in war" is technically true. He was deployed in support of the Global War on Terror, and as such would be required to be under arms (carry a weapon).

I keep reading in the press that Vance was a "combat correspondent" and a Marine Iraq veteran. Both are technically true, but it's also true that he was a reporter for a public affairs unit while there, which doesn't get as much air. The first part makes it sound like he was a rifleman in combat. Phrasing it like that, while true, is every bit as misleading as Waltz's "weapon in war" comment.

Taking a chance to run for Congress and everything that goes into that took way more balls than picking up another deployment where he would have been one of the HMFICs. As much as I bet he wished he could have done both (I was scrambling to get a third deployment before my mandatory retirement date), the reality is that there's no practical way he could do both. Clearly, serving in Congress is a way bigger deal than his NG gig.
MajorHands is offline   Quote
Old 08-11-2024, 03:57 AM   #75
offshoredrilling
Valued Poster

Encounters: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorHands View Post
Facts matter. I haven't seen any quotes where he says he carried a weapon in combat. He deployed in support of Operation Enduring Freedom. The duty was in Italy and his unit was conducting security operations. The biggest threat he likely faced was possible terrorist operations to disrupt support for operations in Afghanistan.

Further, if he wasn't already the Command Sergeant Major of the Artillery Battalion, then he was the Operations Sergeant (based on assignments he held). The jobs those guys need to do are not direct combat jobs. Even in Iraq and Afghanistan (I deployed to both, also in staff positions), the risks were mostly indirect (VBIED, IED, mortar and rocket attacks).

Waltz would completely understand that he would not be at much risk in Iraq. Suggesting he was afraid to go is just nonsense. Getting another deployment in would have improved his chances of retiring as a CSM and would have added to his retirement pay.

Either way, Waltz's claim to have "carried a weapon in war" is technically true. He was deployed in support of the Global War on Terror, and as such would be required to be under arms (carry a weapon).

I keep reading in the press that Vance was a "combat correspondent" and a Marine Iraq veteran. Both are technically true, but it's also true that he was a reporter for a public affairs unit while there, which doesn't get as much air. The first part makes it sound like he was a rifleman in combat. Phrasing it like that, while true, is every bit as misleading as Waltz's "weapon in war" comment.

Taking a chance to run for Congress and everything that goes into that took way more balls than picking up another deployment where he would have been one of the HMFICs. As much as I bet he wished he could have done both (I was scrambling to get a third deployment before my mandatory retirement date), the reality is that there's no practical way he could do both. Clearly, serving in Congress is a way bigger deal than his NG gig.

never finish training for " Command Sergeant Major"
ran knowing unit about ta deploy, retired early
offshoredrilling is online now   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women