Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Dallas > Coed Discussions - Dallas
Coed Discussions - Dallas Both male and female members can mingle and interact here. Let's keep these discussions on-topic, thought-provoking, and more importantly...entertaining!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 390
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 271
George Spelvin 256
sharkman29 254
Top Posters
DallasRain70611
biomed161944
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453162
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling48211
pyramider46370
bambino41201
CryptKicker37151
Mokoa36489
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 07-13-2024, 10:28 PM   #1
Dirkdiggler41
Premium Access

Encounters: 23
Default Proud to be an American?

No disrespect intended towards any service men reading this who served our country when it was a version of its better self but we are the laughing stock of the free world. A shell of what we once were. Don’t watch Fox News or cnn but tune into the BBC after a major worldwide news event such as an attempted assignation attempt to gain some perspective. Can’t turn into our local news to gain any unbiased newsworthy content but instead politician reteric from talking heads. Here’s the unbiased worldwide viewpoint.
No one is surprised of how it got to this and your shouldn’t be either. The world watched as politicial rhetoric caused a storming of our capital but did that stop any of it. No. The world watched mass shooting all over the country. Did that stop any of it no. The world watched multiple schools being shot up. Kids being killed. Surely that will stop some of it. Any society that would stand by and do nothing and allow innocent kids continued to be executed in educational settings has to be some 3rd world uncivilized society, not the supposed leader of the free world. Nope. When nothing happened then I knew it was over. It doesn’t get any worse than that. So when nothing was done then I knew our society was in bad trouble. Will this event bring us together as a society and stop the political rhetoric. Hell no. This will make it worse. His reaction right after he was shot should tell you that. Fist raised with angry look on face rallying his followers. Cheers from the crowd and immediate anger with some of his supporters giving the bird are the first responses. Not to feel grief or have any real compassionate of emotion, but anger right away. Doesn’t that tell you something about America. It should. He is alot of things. One of the things he def is very divisive man, a hate him or love him type of guy. When you talk like he does, tweets like he does and acts like he does you are angering a lot of people and gaining more adoration from your followers who share the same beliefs and act that way in there personal life. Love and hate. I’m actually surprised it took this long for someone to have an attempt on his life because of that personality. Not saying it’s right of course, but this was predicable. The world is not surprised and not hopeful of any peaceful or reasonable response to this, nothing different than what they have seen before, much of the same. It’s sad all of it. Try to let go of any anger or hate you have. Anger and hatred have been normalized now. Use to be it was the minority. Or maybe it was the silent majority. But now anger and hate is the overwhelming loud no longer silent majority. When the leader of the free world spews anger and hate from this high position it brings normalsy to that behavior. That’s where we are at. Other countries with more integrity in their leaders and society laugh at us, shake their head and the compassionate people feel sorry for us. It’s been awhile since I’ve been able to say I’m proud to be American. I hope things change in my lifetime but I don’t see any hope in sight sadly.
Dirkdiggler41 is offline   Quote
Old 07-13-2024, 11:46 PM   #2
marvel21
Premium Access

Encounters: 95

1. What is an "attempted assignation"?
2. Better Version? Like during - Slavery, The Civil War, Trail of Tears era, legalized racial segregation, WW1/WW2,
Japanese American Internment, Cold War, McCarthyism during the Korean War, The Vietnam War, corrupt presidents pre-Trump with actual evidence. Jackson, Harding, Nixon (there are more but top ones here), KKK - maybe the first Nazis, women's suffrage, prohibition, and so many more. America has never been perfect and neither has any of the rest of the world. Be proud or don't it doesn't matter.

Also their have been Service Women.
marvel21 is online now   Quote
Old 07-14-2024, 12:06 AM   #3
Dirkdiggler41
Premium Access

Thanks for the perspective that our country has always been crap. Lol jk(kinda). There’s always been something in our history looking back. Just seems more widespread now.
And yes service women too but highly doubt any of them are on this thread! Lol
Continued to watch BBC after my post. Realized that trump actually said “fight fight fight” as he shook his fist. Very helpful response in dampening the anger but very on brand. BBC correctly called it a politicial action in the heat of the moment. He just escaped death and his first thought it to politicize this. I’m glad he’s not dead cause there would def be some Qon nut job who would exact revenge. There will def be threats from the far right on the attempt of their cult leader, but I think since he alive we won’t see an attempt on Biden or any major reaction implications of the like. He was going to win anyway, it was a lay up but now it’s a slam dunk. The right will utilize this to rally and use trump as type of martyr. I hope he tone it’s down some after this and uses it as a bit of wake up call. I doubt it but I’ll hold onto a little hope I guess. It’s up to him. Whatever he says his devout followers will do.
Old 07-14-2024, 10:50 AM   #4
TinMan
The Grey Knight

Encounters: 129

I’ve done my share of cussing at both the left and right (including Trump) in recent years. This morning the first thing I did was pull out my American flag and hung it outside my front door.

So, yes, for all our problems I am still proud to be an American.
TinMan is online now   Quote
Old 07-14-2024, 12:49 PM   #5
Dirkdiggler41
Premium Access

Good for you. BBC rightfully switched to euro final coverage today as it should be. If I were to fly a flag today it would be British. Been 60 years since they won. Love the Brits and London, the classier version of the “ugly American” as we are portrayed globally. I’m in love with Jules Breech on the pregame. Look her up.
Btw, if you want to read the sesspool of the internet that is a segment of our society that visits this website there is another thread poppin in the sandbox. Typical. I can’t read much of it and neither should you. Let the trolls be the trolls. Don’t get sucked in. Go England!
Old 07-16-2024, 12:00 PM   #6
Anonymous01
Valued Poster

Default It is known here as...

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvel21 View Post
1. What is an "attempted assignation"?

NC / NS
Anonymous01 is offline   Quote
Old 07-19-2024, 07:57 AM   #7
par4
Valued Poster

Encounters: 13

Thumbs Up Tin Man ! You are not alone ! Old Glory will Always fly in spite of Ignorance and Prejudice. I have served Proudly and have seen the quality of life in other countries. We may speak freely and pursue our Dreams with Hope and Optimism. May the Red White and Blue Fly Proudly !!!!!!!
par4 is offline   Quote
Old 07-19-2024, 10:48 AM   #8
DirtyDog2022
Premium Access

Encounters: 7

Well said Par 4!
We live in a great country and if people don’t like living here they are free to leave! Move to The UK with 50% plus tax rates, $8 gas, and 6 month wait to see a doctor! I spend 2 weeks there every summer. It’s a great place to visit, but would never live there.
DirtyDog2022 is offline   Quote
Old 07-19-2024, 11:12 AM   #9
suiram77
Valued Poster

Encounters: 26

You can be proud to be an American and still disagree with the state of where our country is at right now. No matter what side you are on it’s a lot of fucked up shit that does not make American seem all that great. I have travel to a lot of countries and one of the biggest differences I have always noticed is how the crime is so much lower in other places than American. People say that America is the greatest country and I disagree, we just the most free country and that comes with a lot of problems and high crime. We have a very brutal and ugly history that most people want to forget, but just like with anything else you can’t forget your past. Acknowledging something is the first step to getting help in whatever it is you need to heal from and as a country we should always acknowledge our past and never forget it. We should be sensitive to other Americans in this country that our past affects the most. I’m also very proud to be an American just as much as anyone else, but that does not mean we don’t have issues that need to be addressed, we certainly have a lot of problems.

Make America Great again was the wrong statement, I wish Trump had said MAKE AMERICA GREAT!! Now that I can get behind because our country has never been great. Like I said our past is too flawed for it to have ever been great and if it was not great for all people then it was never great. Black Lives Matter was also the wrong statement, I wish they had said Black Lives Matter too! See the difference, just 3 more letters would have changed that entire narrative. The fact is all lives matters, that was very stupid for someone to think only Black Lives Matter, so clearly whoever started that campaign and slogan, did not have any intelligent people around them. That 3 letter word TOO would have changed everything. We as American will always have discourse over many things, but the goal is to be able to talk about it peacefully and agree to disagree while still respecting each other as human beings.
suiram77 is offline   Quote
Old 07-19-2024, 04:42 PM   #10
Grace Preston
Madame Moderator

User ID: 123904
My ECCIE Reviews

Here it is.. the moment where I draw fire....

Takes breath.

I do not hate my country. In fact, I've served in the military. However, I have always found it to be a bit odd to be proud of something that you literally don't have a hand in (aside from immigrants taking the time and effort to become citizens). Most of us are here because two people fucked in the right place at the right time and BOOM-- we're American. We did nothing to make that happen. So-- to me-- the word "proud" has always been a bit silly-- and I'm not a huge fan of anything that smacks of Nationalism, either.
Grace Preston is offline   Quote
Old 07-19-2024, 07:20 PM   #11
suiram77
Valued Poster

Encounters: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace Preston View Post

Takes breath.

I do not hate my country. In fact, I've served in the military. However, I have always found it to be a bit odd to be proud of something that you literally don't have a hand in (aside from immigrants taking the time and effort to become citizens). Most of us are here because two people fucked in the right place at the right time and BOOM-- we're American. We did nothing to make that happen. So-- to me-- the word "proud" has always been a bit silly-- and I'm not a huge fan of anything that smacks of Nationalism, either.
Love it Grace, you are always so poised in your posts.
suiram77 is offline   Quote
Old 07-20-2024, 07:09 AM   #12
Mental AtrraXXXion
Premium Access

Encounters: 58

If tomorrow all the things were gone
I worked for all my life
And I had to start again
With just my children and my wife
I thank my lucky stars
To be living here today
'Cause the flag still stands for freedom
And they can't take that away
And I'm proud to be an American
Where at least I know I'm free
And I won't forget the men who died
Who gave that right to me
And I'd gladly stand up next to you
And defend Her still today
'Cause there ain't no doubt
I love this land
God Bless the U.S.A.
From the lakes of Minnesota
To the hills of Tennessee
Across the plains of Texas
From sea to shining sea
From Detroit down to Houston
And New York to L.A.
Where's pride in every American heart
And it's time we stand and say
That I'm proud to be an American
I love this land
God Bless the U.S.A.
And I'm proud to be an American
I love this land
God Bless the U.S.A.

Mental AtrraXXXion is offline   Quote
Old 07-20-2024, 07:09 AM   #13
Mental AtrraXXXion
Premium Access

Encounters: 58

I always have been and always will be PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN!!! 🇺🇲
Mental AtrraXXXion is offline   Quote
Old 07-20-2024, 07:40 AM   #14
TinMan
The Grey Knight

Encounters: 129

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace Preston View Post

Takes breath.

Interesting take. I’m not an immigrant, but I still feel that pride anyway. I suppose it’s because I feel like I’m part of the community of Americans. It’s organic and comes naturally to me. It helps that there are intellectual underpinnings for that (I would rather have our messy constitutional form of government than any others, as one example), but at the core it’s an emotional attachment that most citizens of the world feel for their home. I’m not ashamed of it, and believe those feelings of belonging are essential to happiness.
TinMan is online now   Quote
Old 07-20-2024, 07:57 AM   #15
BoneHome777
Premium Access

Encounters: 25

I am so envious or those with so much Pride and Patriotism. I only wish past experiences for me and my people were different, and I could have what so many of you have, but unfortunately I am a long way from that. Maybe someday my grandkids-kids will enjoy that feeling. Must be a wonderful feeling, and I am serious about that comment.
BoneHome777 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women