Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
test
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 263
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70688
biomed162390
Yssup Rider60229
gman4453217
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48395
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41270
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35684
Mojojo33117

Old 11-05-2023, 01:25 AM   #31
pxmcc
Valued Poster

Encounters: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by royamcr View Post
I put a laser pointer on my rubber band gun. Does that make it an assault rifle?
how big is your clip? ahem, magazine..
pxmcc is offline   Quote
Old 11-05-2023, 04:26 AM   #32
ICU 812
BANNED

Encounters: 15

Regarding the repeal of The Second Amendment:

The Constitution provides two mechanisms for adjusting our fundamental farmwork law through the amendment processes.

I would be in fsvor of making the DSecond Amendment more explicit by deleting the first part about the " . . .well-regulated militia". Others may wish to explicitly forbid private ownership of firearms altogether.

All this shucken-an-jiven over conflicting state laws and Executive Branch regulatory over reach could be eliminated through either one of the amendment processes provided for in The Constitution.

That the gun control movement does not propose this is telling.
ICU 812 is offline   Quote
Old 11-05-2023, 05:13 AM   #33
pxmcc
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICU 812 View Post
Regarding the repeal of The Second Amendment:

The Constitution provides two mechanisms for adjusting our fundamental farmwork law through the amendment processes.

I would be in fsvor of making the DSecond Amendment more explicit by deleting the first part about the " . . .well-regulated militia". Others may wish to explicitly forbid private ownership of firearms altogether.

All this shucken-an-jiven over conflicting state laws and Executive Branch regulatory over reach could be eliminated through either one of the amendment processes provided for in The Constitution.

That the gun control movement does not propose this is telling.
here's everything you need to know about the militia:

"10 U.S. Code § 246 - Militia: composition and classes

a)The militia of the United States consists of all able-bodied males at least 17 years of age and, except as provided in section 313 of title 32, under 45 years of age who are, or who have made a declaration of intention to become, citizens of the United States and of female citizens of the United States who are members of the National Guard.
(b)The classes of the militia are—
(1)the organized militia, which consists of the National Guard and the Naval Militia; and
(2)the unorganized militia, which consists of the members of the militia who are not members of the National Guard or the Naval Militia.
(Aug. 10, 1956)

according to Thomas, none of that matters.

One of the first tenets I learned in interpreting statutes, constitutions, etc. goes like this:
A basic principle of statutory interpretation is that courts should "give effect, if possible, to every clause and word of a statute, avoiding, if it may be, any construction which implies that the legislature was ignorant of the meaning of the language it employed." The modern variant is that statutes should be construed "so as to avoid rendering superfluous" any statutory language."

So if the framers wrote that whole clause about a well-regulated militia and the security of a free state, they weren't just kinda getting a little too verbose and letting their quill pens have just a bit too much fun, you know? Those words meant something. In fact, they serve as conditionals for the text that follows.

Here's what the framers actually wrote:

In order to have security in a free state, you need a "well regulated Militia"-notice they didn't say a bunch of clowns with guns, or a drunken rabble ready to lynch someone, or an angry 18 year old who plans to shoot a bunch of 3rd graders-they said you need a "well-regulated Militia." It's not a coincidence that Militia and military have the same Latin root, and that Militia is capitalized, no less. This is a state-based military-level organization to provide security for the state, and needs to have guns to do that. Who might this be in the modern lingo? Maybe the National Guard, maybe state troopers, maybe state law enforcement in general. But I can assure you that Hamilton or Madison or Jay or whoever wrote that clause would be quite clear in explaining that he didn't mean "clowns with guns" or "angry teenagers hellbent on mass slaughter of 10 year old children," because if he had meant to say that, he would have said so, and we wouldn't have to guess about it.

The truth about Originalists is that they are only Originalists until they don't like a particular outcome, and then they suddenly become "modernists" and "judicial activists," as they love accusing left-leaning judges of being. Alito and Thomas in particular have taken this to the level of a high art form.
pxmcc is offline   Quote
Old 11-05-2023, 07:04 AM   #34
pxmcc
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by pxmcc View Post
i might not be a genius, but i don't know if you're mensa-ready either..

i called Thomas' opinion idiotic and i quoted some of his idiotic language from the case..

he told us to go look up statutes from the early 1800s to find out what kind of gun regulations we should have in the 21st century. most ridiculous argument ever, and our Mitch McConnell rigged Court bought it hook, line and sinker..

Thomas is an originalist only when it suits him.

i'm not trolling you, i'm just having a little fun. you seem like a pretty smart guy but also kind of a handful lol..
quoting myself is just plain wrong. but i found an error in my post, so before texassapper jumps down my throat and tells me i must be full of shit, i figured i should probably correct the record. one of the 3 very similar birds that are all basically tweaks from the Blackhawk is spelled Knighthawk, not Nighthawk. mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa..

different branches use different birds. i think the Navy uses the Seahawk, the Marines use the Knighthawk, and the Coast Guard uses the Jayhawk.

texassapper brought up a good point. i think actually my brother must have flown the Seahawk. with all the shit he had to go through with flight manuals etc., i'm actually surprised that he cited the wrong bird. maybe it never came up in his training because they just called it the MH-60, or the "twin engine baddie.."

the civilian version is the same bird that Koby Bryant died in. my brother explained to me the pilot's fuckup without even reading the news reports. it had to do with a bad flight plan. he said that there's a time and a place for what the pilot did, but that wasn't it.
pxmcc is offline   Quote
Old 11-05-2023, 08:30 AM   #35
Iceman
Valued Poster

I would just point out that your supplied definition of militia was written well after the constitution.

I don't think the founders had any government controlled troops in mind when they said militia, since they were the very ones they fought against in the first place.
Iceman is offline   Quote
Old 11-05-2023, 08:41 AM   #36
pxmcc
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
I would just point out that your supplied definition of militia was written well after the constitution.

i'm not so sure. a "well-regulated Militia?" doesn't sound like a bunch of farmers to me.

don't think the founders had any government controlled troops in mind when they said militia, since they were the very ones they fought against in the first place.
the point is the nexus between the right of gun ownership and the need for a well-regulated Militia. clowns, fools, and homicidal maniacs have no right to a firearm under the text of the 2nd Amendment.
pxmcc is offline   Quote
Old 11-05-2023, 01:31 PM   #37
texassapper
BANNED

Encounters: 36

Quote:
clowns, fools, and homicidal maniacs have no right to a firearm under the text of the 2nd Amendment.
So no Democrats can be armed? Well, not what I'd advocate, but I'm okay with it.

And you are arguing about what PEOPLE are allowed to do... what their rights are.

Try reading the BoR again and figure out what the point of them is...

hint: it restricts something.... figure out what entity is being restricted.
texassapper is offline   Quote
Old 11-06-2023, 05:53 AM   #38
texassapper
BANNED

Quote:
the civilian version is the same bird that Koby Bryant died in. my brother explained to me the pilot's fuckup without even reading the news reports. it had to do with a bad flight plan. he said that there's a time and a place for what the pilot did, but that wasn't it.
Wrong again. Bryant was in a Sikorsky S-76B. Which is not a civilian version of the UH-60 class of helos. They share a common rotor head design.

Also, it wasn't the flight plan... the pilot was supposed to be flying VFR, went into the clouds and essentially flew the chopper into the hills. because he was disoriented.

S-76B that Kobe died in....

Me in front of a Typical Black Hawk at Ft. Hood when I was serving as Active LT for a 3/4 platoon in a AVN HHQ

I doubt your brother has ever touched a cyclic let alone an illegally modded AR-15. pics or it didn't happen.
Old 11-06-2023, 01:48 PM   #39
eccieuser9500
BANNED

Encounters: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by texassapper View Post

Me in front of a Typical Black Hawk at Ft. Hood when I was serving as Active LT for a 3/4 platoon in a AVN HHQ

Self-outing? Or lying?

eccieuser9500 is offline   Quote
Old 11-06-2023, 02:12 PM   #40
texassapper
BANNED

That pic is 30 years old... if you could ID me from it, heh... you would be quite the sleuth.
Old 11-06-2023, 02:49 PM   #41
eccieuser9500
BANNED

Encounters: 46

Okay. Cool. No identification marks on the chopper. Beware of facial recognition. Sir!
eccieuser9500 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women