Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 267
George Spelvin 255
sharkman29 253
Top Posters
DallasRain70518
biomed161324
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453083
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47920
pyramider46370
bambino40548
CryptKicker37123
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 09-08-2023, 07:35 PM   #1
Ducbutter
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1
Default Liberty safes

So Liberty Safes coughed up the access code to some guy's safe to the feds. They did so without seeing proof of a warrant. For Pete's sake even Apple tells LE "No" around this kind of intrusion. If it was me I'd sue them out of existence.

My personal safe is labeled Winchester but I'd bet it's produced by Liberty. It's not electronic but I'm planning to change the combination. Cause fuck that!

https://www.newsweek.com/liberty-saf...i-code-1825252
Ducbutter is offline   Quote
Old 09-08-2023, 07:55 PM   #2
golferguy55
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducbutter View Post
So Liberty Safes coughed up the access code to some guy's safe to the feds. They did so without seeing proof of a warrant. For Pete's sake even Apple tells LE "No" around this kind of intrusion. If it was me I'd sue them out of existence.

My personal safe is labeled Winchester but I'd bet it's produced by Liberty. It's not electronic but I'm planning to change the combination. Cause fuck that!

That is some messed up stuff and I can't understand why you would even allow a company to have this information. I have a Liberty safe but they sure as hell don't have this kind of access to mine. And you can bet your bottom dollar Ducbutter that it may say Winchester on it but Liberty more than likely made it.
golferguy55 is offline   Quote
Old 09-09-2023, 04:47 AM   #3
ICU 812
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

From a thread on "another board" I understood that the gun sfe in question had an electronic keypad lock. Liberty provided the BATFE agents with a factory backdoor code to open it.

Keep in mind that LE was there with a valid warrant to search the house and the gun safe was specifically mentioned in the warrant. Given that, the safe could have been legally opened by them with a cutting torch if need be.
ICU 812 is offline   Quote
Old 09-09-2023, 07:36 AM   #4
Ducbutter
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICU 812 View Post
From a thread on "another board" I understood that the gun sfe in question had an electronic keypad lock. Liberty provided the BATFE agents with a factory backdoor code to open it.

Keep in mind that LE was there with a valid warrant to search the house and the gun safe was specifically mentioned in the warrant. Given that, the safe could have been legally opened by them with a cutting torch if need be.
My mistake that Liberty didn't have proof of a warrant but it's a distinction wiuthout a difference for me. Liberty doesn't have to provide the code for LE anymore than Apple does and they routinely deny access to phones.
Yes, it was an electronic lock in question.
Old 09-09-2023, 08:40 AM   #5
DNinja69
Valued Poster

Encounters: 43

I appreciate when companies like Apple say no to intrusion requests and in general agree that Liberty could have refused on the grounds that being the manufacturer of a product does cause them to be included in the warrant process. Getting a landlord to unlock a door is one thing but a company that simply produced an item they no longer have any control over should really only be an issue in certain extreme situations. That said what Liberty did was legal though the warrant in my opinion would only really compel the current owner of the safe to comply unless an immediate threat to life existed
DNinja69 is offline   Quote
Old 09-09-2023, 08:41 AM   #6
HoHound
Valued Poster

The only other label that Liberty manufactures that I'm aware of is the Cabela's brand safe.
HoHound is offline   Quote
Old 09-09-2023, 06:53 PM   #7
biomed1
Administrator

Encounters: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducbutter View Post
My personal safe is labeled Winchester but I'd bet it's produced by Liberty. It's not electronic but I'm planning to change the combination.

It would appear that Winchester Gun Safes are produced by Granite Security Products.
biomed1 is offline   Quote
Old 09-09-2023, 07:41 PM   #8
Precious_b
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 44

So much for some people here saying they back the party of law and order. As pointed out, the govt came a knocking with a warrant.

They could have just as well mutilated the safe and gave it back to the owner that way.

And when apple turned down uncle sam for the backdoor, he went ahead and still cracked the apple open. And fittingly, uncle sugar gave the finger to apple when they asked how it was done.
Precious_b is offline   Quote
Old 09-09-2023, 08:29 PM   #9
Ducbutter
Valued Poster

The only other label that Liberty manufactures that I'm aware of is the Cabela's brand safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by biomed1 View Post
It would appear that Winchester Gun Safes are produced by Granite Security Products.
That is what I found upon doing some digging this afternoon.
Old 09-13-2023, 03:14 AM   #10
FesteredUncle
BANNED

One can request the backdoor access code to be expunged from Liberty Safes
https://www.libertysafe.com/pages/combination-removal

Also, when your electronic lock beeps twice, it is time to replace the battery.

In regards to them cutting the safe open: If they are cutting your safe open or using a code they are taking the contents and you will no longer need a safe anyway.
FesteredUncle is offline   Quote
Old 09-13-2023, 11:39 AM   #11
ICU 812
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

"Law and Order": Nike just shut down their flagship store in Portland due to heavy, commercially unsustainable theft.

Total yearly homicides in Portland have gone from a historic level of 20 per year to over 80 killings a year.

Many view the BATFE as being on the same level as the Gestapo or KGB. I do not. I think they ar wrong . . .but that is part of the issue with the backdoor thing.

Fueling this view of "the Government" in the context of the Second Amendment and regulation of private ownership of guns, is that agencies' perceived overreach and capricious alteration of what is considered to be legal and then not legal. There are active court cases concerning this.

Intriguingly, similar court cases are active with OSHA and the EPA that, while having nothing directly connected with regulating guns, do have profound implications regarding regulatory overreach.

We wil just have to wait and see how these things shake out when they come to the SCOTUS.
ICU 812 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women