Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Houston > The Sandbox - Houston
The Sandbox - Houston The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 267
George Spelvin 255
sharkman29 253
Top Posters
DallasRain70512
biomed161258
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453071
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47898
pyramider46370
bambino40525
CryptKicker37113
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 08-18-2022, 07:38 AM   #31
MarcellusWalluz
(Xzn/Xzan)

Encounters: 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by pxmcc View Post
what else lurks in brays bayou do y'all think?
Turtle soup is a good option. I think some might be weary harvesting feathered game with avian influenza being confirmed in the state but I wouldn't worry about it.
MarcellusWalluz is offline   Quote
Old 08-18-2022, 01:32 PM   #32
Seeskylar
ATF BIG BOOTY CUTIE

User ID: 208645
My ECCIE Reviews

You should use the Chillis approach with a gift card to Macys or Sears then HATS OFF

MR.BUBBLES OR TITO COULD BE NEXT
Seeskylar is offline   Quote
Old 08-19-2022, 05:25 AM   #33
pxmcc
BANNED

Encounters: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeskylar View Post
You should use the Chillis approach with a gift card to Macys or Sears then HATS OFF

does that work for channel cats too..

and i didn't know Sears was still a thing. i thought the vulture capitalists were finished parting it out..
pxmcc is offline   Quote
Old 08-23-2022, 08:21 AM   #34
pxmcc
BANNED

i have a confession to make. i spent 22$ at fiesta for a redfish. that is not at all urban survivalist..

#urbansurvivalfail
#ifyoucantcatchdinnerjustgohun gry
#butthere'sstillplentyofedible herbs..
pxmcc is offline   Quote
Old 08-23-2022, 09:47 AM   #35
pxmcc
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeskylar View Post

but eccie's greatest free verse poet is always welcome in my threads, off topic or on..
pxmcc is offline   Quote
Old 09-19-2022, 02:24 AM   #36
Tigbitties38
Valued Poster

I think I would go with road kill before I would eat a channel cat.
Too tough to tell if the fish is full of toxins.
Tigbitties38 is offline   Quote
Old 09-19-2022, 04:32 AM   #37
pxmcc
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigbitties38 View Post
I think I would go with road kill before I would eat a channel cat.
Too tough to tell if the fish is full of toxins.
in my current slump, it may not matter lol. like, don't eat too much tuna, shark or swordfish. will have to add channel cats 10 miles or less from the ship channel to that list..
pxmcc is offline   Quote
Old 09-19-2022, 04:41 PM   #38
Tigbitties38
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by pxmcc View Post
in my current slump, it may not matter lol. like, don't eat too much tuna, shark or swordfish. will have to add channel cats 10 miles or less from the ship channel to that list..
Oe talk one of your "friends" into trying it first
Tigbitties38 is offline   Quote
Old 09-19-2022, 06:27 PM   #39
winn dixie
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22

man be trying to catch these channel cat around here. dough bait spinner bait grasshoppers worm these cats aint biting.
Used rodnreel jug lines and trotlines. Im fixin to go full deep sea diver and go scuba and harpon one.
winn dixie is online now   Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 06:47 AM   #40
winn dixie
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22

them dag gum cats plum vamoosed? started doing a lil noodling. nothing spectacular. few snakes, found a baby gator. but that last rock. Always the last one right? something bite me hand and wouldnt let go. I tried ever thin to free my hand. finally i dug it out and lifted it out of the water with both hands. freakin snappin turtle. got on land and used a lil trick i know to get loose. my cajun neighbor loves turtle soup.
guess im gonna try tele-phoning next??
winn dixie is online now   Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 10:41 PM   #41
pxmcc
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by winn dixie View Post
them dag gum cats plum vamoosed? started doing a lil noodling. nothing spectacular. few snakes, found a baby gator. but that last rock. Always the last one right? something bite me hand and wouldnt let go. I tried ever thin to free my hand. finally i dug it out and lifted it out of the water with both hands. freakin snappin turtle. got on land and used a lil trick i know to get loose. my cajun neighbor loves turtle soup.
guess im gonna try tele-phoning next??
that is hilarious.

wait, so you tried to hand-catch a channel cat and "caught" a snapping turtle instead?

i was messing around with a snapping turtle i found by buffalo bayou and i found out those things give zero fucks. he tried to bite my hand even though i outweighed him by like 170 pounds. he reminded me of a frickin honey badger. hadn't thought of turtle soup tho. maybe next time..
pxmcc is offline   Quote
Old 08-29-2023, 05:27 AM   #42
pxmcc
BANNED

so here's what i've learned of late:

1. channel cats love shrimp. best bait i've tried so far. slim jims and squid have not netted me a single catch.

2. embrace chaos theory. channel cats are fast learners. if you pull one up from a certain spot, abandon that spot for at least a couple of weeks. every time should be a new look.

3. stick and move. i've made all my catches within the first few minutes of dropping my line. i have caught nothing from any lines i set and left out, other than random shit. plus the Parks and Rec people will cut any lines left in the water.

(4. Topineer perfect circle casting nets for beginners are tangly as fuck. i modified one, adding a 50 foot heavy line extension to throw from overpasses. good idea, but i let my lines get tangled up, thinking it was no biggie, and had to literally throw out the tangled mess of ropes, lines and weights. watch the videos before you even open up your perfect circle cast nets. casting nets from bridges, done properly, looks like a sure bet, imo, because fish cannot see what is directly above them, only to the side. the 50 foot of extra line will allow you to hit the water from basically any overpass you find. are casting nets legal? i have no idea, but who cares is my thought. never have i seen anyone get in trouble on buffalo or braes bayou for using a casting net. it's just that the fish get spooked quickly so even a good caster will catch nothing unless the water is muddy, like on Buffalo Bayou.)

5. i've made all my catches in the morning or late afternoon, but none late at night.

so question. what's the best water depth for catching channel cats? the bayou by me is about 6 feet deep at most. i've made a number of catches using basically the top of the water line in the deepest part of the channel without using a bobber or sinker. is there a better method?

any other channel cat tips?

and, anyone know how to keep Wonderbread on the hook for catching carp, and what's the best way to cook carp? i'm going to try Mickie-Ds french fries for bait until i can get the hang of the Wonderbread thing lol.
pxmcc is offline   Quote
Old 08-29-2023, 10:12 AM   #43
majorjones
Premium Access

Encounters: 36

Don't waste your time with the bread. Shrimp and dough ("stink") bait work much better. If you insist on trying bread, use a treble hook and use 1/4 of a slice of bread and squeeze it hard with your hand into a ball around the treble hook. Obviously a risky endeavor and not worth the trouble unless you are looking for a real cheap bait that can work at times. The dough/stink bait is 4 or 5 bucks at walmart and you also squeeze it hard around the hook but you can use a single hook, #3 is a good size, no need for a treble but you can use a treble if you want. About twice the size of a marble is good. You can also use it to play practical jokes on people by holding it under someones nose or just getting the smell on your finger and swipe it under someones nose. This is particularly amusing with little kids because most of it looks and smells like poop. I'm lmao just thinking about when I've done this in the past.

Generally you'll catch most fish toward or on the bottom but you can certainly catch them at any depth.
I caught a 25 pounder in 2 feet of water at Toledo Bend.

Have you caught any blue cats or yellow/flathead cats?

I'll pass on eating carp! ech!!!
majorjones is online now   Quote
Old 08-30-2023, 11:33 PM   #44
pxmcc
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by majorjones View Post
Don't waste your time with the bread. Shrimp and dough ("stink") bait work much better. If you insist on trying bread, use a treble hook and use 1/4 of a slice of bread and squeeze it hard with your hand into a ball around the treble hook. Obviously a risky endeavor and not worth the trouble unless you are looking for a real cheap bait that can work at times. The dough/stink bait is 4 or 5 bucks at walmart and you also squeeze it hard around the hook but you can use a single hook, #3 is a good size, no need for a treble but you can use a treble if you want. About twice the size of a marble is good. You can also use it to play practical jokes on people by holding it under someones nose or just getting the smell on your finger and swipe it under someones nose. This is particularly amusing with little kids because most of it looks and smells like poop. I'm lmao just thinking about when I've done this in the past.

Generally you'll catch most fish toward or on the bottom but you can certainly catch them at any depth.
I caught a 25 pounder in 2 feet of water at Toledo Bend.

Have you caught any blue cats or yellow/flathead cats?

I'll pass on eating carp! ech!!!
good tips sir! thanks!

no so far only channel cats, using chicken or shrimp as bait. how do the other type of catfish compare taste-wise? channel cats are pretty delicious imo. (armored cats are so so.)

further downstream than the med center, i understand there are a good number of alligator gar, and of course in buffalo bayou. anyone had any luck catching alligator gar?
pxmcc is offline   Quote
Old 08-31-2023, 04:46 AM   #45
majorjones
Premium Access

Encounters: 36

All tastes the same to me but I have a most insensitive palate.
majorjones is online now   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women