Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Austin > Coed Discussions - Austin
Coed Discussions - Austin Both male and female members can mingle and interact here. Let's keep these discussions on-topic, thought-provoking, and more importantly...entertaining!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 267
George Spelvin 255
sharkman29 253
Top Posters
DallasRain70516
biomed161291
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453075
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47910
pyramider46370
bambino40540
CryptKicker37123
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 08-22-2023, 09:11 AM   #1
lovingcamela
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 139606
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews
Default Cold showers?

I was listening to a health podcast about taking a cold shower to start your day. I tried it twice and could barely get in. I guess that is one way to save water. Lolololol

I’m intrigued. Anyone else do this?
lovingcamela is offline   Quote
Old 08-22-2023, 09:16 AM   #2
nikki12392
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 321909
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Both cold and hot showers/baths have their benefits. Ice baths have been trending more and more though. I do cold showers for my hair mostly lol
nikki12392 is offline   Quote
Old 08-22-2023, 12:17 PM   #3
SexySammy
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 490495
My ECCIE Reviews

Cold water is better for your hair, at least when you rinse conditioner I know for sure too! But I may start this. I typically do hot shower in AM because I have a herniated disc and it helps my muscles loosen up and colder towards end of day because too damn hot outside lol
SexySammy is offline   Quote
Old 08-22-2023, 12:51 PM   #4
nikki12392
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 321909
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

I hate this heat with a passion
nikki12392 is offline   Quote
Old 08-24-2023, 10:47 AM   #5
privacyxyz
Registered Member

Lots of benefits of cold showers. The problem here in Texas (my experience) is that it's so freaking hot that the cold water comes out as just annoyingly tepid.

There's a thing called Cryotherapy, where you suit up with mask, hat, gloves and tube socks and stand in a chamber cooled by liquid nitrogen to 187 degrees BELOW ZERO. Stay in it for three minutes and your surface body temp drops 35 degrees. Very annoying to do but you feel like a million dollars after!
privacyxyz is offline   Quote
Old 08-24-2023, 11:30 AM   #6
BrigittaBanana
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 444475
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

When I first moved to Austin I lived in a converted barn that may as well have had no air conditioning so cold showers were a way of life for me. However, I've been taking cold(ish) showers since I was a child lmao...I've always been heat sensitive. Even when it's cold outside I end up taking a lukewarm shower at best. It's difficult to jump into the cold water right away - also, warm water helps skin open up a little bit to help with skincare product absorption, so if you can't stand taking a cold shower and would like some benefit of the cold water, just take less hot showers, and then right before you get out, turn the water down to make it cold to do a final rinse...but be thorough. Make sure your hair is completely rinsed in the cold water and isn't hot anymore. Proceed to wrap yourself in a nice thick robe.
BrigittaBanana is offline   Quote
Old 08-24-2023, 02:08 PM   #7
onebigjohn72
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 68
Default Benefits of Cold Plunge/Cold Therapy

I am a huge fan of neuroscience and biohacking. Cold therapy, cold plunges can change your life.
Some benefits at a high level: speeds metabolism and fat burning, builds tolerance, helps to regulate dopamine levels, reduces inflammation (why athletes do it after a game/match).

It has scientifically proven benefits if you do it early morning, even before caffeine, kick starts your metabolism in a way that reduces your desire for food, allowing your body to burn yesterday's calories longer.

its not easy....I like to let out a good series of yells when i do it in the AM in the shower...when at the performance center and doing their cold plunges i try to contain myself!

Here are a couple links to two highly respected folks....Andrew Humberman is a badass Standford neurologist and Wim Hof is a Dutch extreme athlete.

I like the Generator Athlete Lab https://www.generatorathletelab.com/ you can go from cold plunge to sauna and back again...

Enjoy

https://hubermanlab.com/the-science-...d-performance/

https://www.wimhofmethod.com/cold-therapy
onebigjohn72 is offline   Quote
Old 08-24-2023, 03:23 PM   #8
dillyx2
Premium Access

Encounters: 24

I have been a regular visitor for years to Barton Springs Pool to enjoy the 68 degree water in the mornings
dillyx2 is offline   Quote
Old 08-24-2023, 09:20 PM   #9
lovingcamela
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 139606
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Andrew Huberman is the podcast I was referring too. Actually, it was a podcast about his podcast if that makes sense. There was a big thing about doing it before you drink your coffee. I’m doing to try it!

And Barton Springs….I need to gooooooo. It’s been so long.
lovingcamela is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women