Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Houston > The Sandbox - Houston
test
The Sandbox - Houston The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 262
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70705
biomed162522
Yssup Rider60331
gman4453224
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48427
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41466
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35846
Mojojo33117

Old 07-05-2023, 11:31 AM   #1
Ericka xoxo
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 562616
My ECCIE Reviews
Default Any rockets fans here?

Any idea if the administration went crazy or they have a good plan signing Dillon Brooks and Fred VanVleet for that kind of money?

I mean maybe there were teams interested in Vanvleet but Brooks? Against who they thought they were competing to pay that amount?
Ericka xoxo is offline   Quote
Old 07-05-2023, 03:50 PM   #2
pxmcc
Valued Poster

Encounters: 55

i'm a fair weather fan. does that count..
pxmcc is offline   Quote
Old 07-05-2023, 04:15 PM   #3
Rufus X. Sarsparilla
Prime Minister of Hungary

Encounters: 22

I hear rumors James harden might be coming back
Rufus X. Sarsparilla is offline   Quote
Old 07-05-2023, 05:28 PM   #4
cyhmk
Valued Poster

Encounters: 76

The NBA has a minimum total team salary requirement that all teams have to meet. The Rockets had unloaded all of their high salary veterans so they had a lot of money to spend. Most of the top tier fee agents do not want to be part of a rebuild. The Rockets were interested in Brooks Lopez but he chose to re-sign with the Bucks. Also, I’m sure Udoka wanted some guys who show interest in playing defense, which no one on last year’s roster did.
cyhmk is offline   Quote
Old 07-06-2023, 10:00 AM   #5
Ericka xoxo
Upgraded Female Account

My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyhmk View Post
The NBA has a minimum total team salary requirement that all teams have to meet. The Rockets had unloaded all of their high salary veterans so they had a lot of money to spend. Most of the top tier fee agents do not want to be part of a rebuild. The Rockets were interested in Brooks Lopez but he chose to re-sign with the Bucks. Also, I’m sure Udoka wanted some guys who show interest in playing defense, which no one on last year’s roster did.
That makes sense
Old 07-06-2023, 03:49 PM   #6
mynameismudd
Premium Access

Encounters: 72

Yes - I am a big NBA fan who goes to the games quite often. Rockets had the cap space (money to blow) and had to throw out major dollars to attract anyone to a rebuilding team that MIGHT squeak into the playoffs - major stars wanted to go to the Heat, Lakers, etc which would guarantee them at least the playoffs, and this spend was also part of the deal bt Rockets and their new coach (that they would do everything they could to get some veterans to have a shot at the playoffs)
mynameismudd is offline   Quote
Old 07-07-2023, 08:55 AM   #7
Ericka xoxo
Upgraded Female Account

My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by mynameismudd View Post
Yes - I am a big NBA fan who goes to the games quite often. Rockets had the cap space (money to blow) and had to throw out major dollars to attract anyone to a rebuilding team that MIGHT squeak into the playoffs - major stars wanted to go to the Heat, Lakers, etc which would guarantee them at least the playoffs, and this spend was also part of the deal bt Rockets and their new coach (that they would do everything they could to get some veterans to have a shot at the playoffs)
What can be our expectations this year?
Old 07-07-2023, 05:09 PM   #8
cyhmk
Valued Poster

Encounters: 76

The best case scenario is probably around 35-40 wins and maybe a shot at the play in tournament. A lot it depends on how much all these recent high draft picks progress and learn how to play as a team. That’s why the new coach was brought in.
cyhmk is offline   Quote
Old 07-08-2023, 11:33 AM   #9
Ericka xoxo
Upgraded Female Account

My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyhmk View Post
The best case scenario is probably around 35-40 wins and maybe a shot at the play in tournament. A lot it depends on how much all these recent high draft picks progress and learn how to play as a team. That’s why the new coach was brought in.
Play in sounds like a win to me
Old 07-08-2023, 11:52 AM   #10
MisterMeat
Valued Poster

Encounters: 77

Hiring Ime Udoka was a great move IMHO. The franchise is certainly spending some cap room money, and I've liked the results from the past two drafts. If Ime can get the team to play together, they might get really good really fast, and I'd love to see it.
MisterMeat is offline   Quote
Old 07-08-2023, 11:58 AM   #11
milfloverHTX
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Die hard Rockets/Basketball fan here. I think the Fred van Vleet signing was necessary and gives Amen Thompson time to ramp up to becoming our starting PG in the future. We desperately needed a veteran PG and floor general to mentor our young squad.

As for Dillon Brooks I agree with signing him I just think they overpaid significantly. I know we are rebuilding so you gotta throw a bag at players to get them to come here, but I think we could have had Dillon brooks for the $15 mil/year rage as opposed to the $20 mil/year he signed for.

That being said I'm optimistic about the upcoming season. We've upgraded at coach and we got a squad full of dawgs, so successful season would a trip to the play-in tournament. A stretch would be making the first round of playoffs, but *KG voice* anything is possible.
milfloverHTX is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women