Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
test
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 263
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70687
biomed162390
Yssup Rider60220
gman4453217
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48395
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41270
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35684
Mojojo33117

Old 05-31-2023, 06:14 AM   #46
Grace Preston
Madame Moderator

User ID: 123904
My ECCIE Reviews

In the interest of fairness-- most cities with a population over 250k are Dem run, regardless of location.

Here's a weird anomaly where I live...

Crime is bad, particularly violent crime. One could look at the Mayor and at the City Council and immediately say "Oh look-- almost all Democrats". And... that would be a fair statement. But...

Both the current and former DA's are Republican. Hard core Trump Republicans, too. And they continually give plea deals to repeat offenders, violent offenders, etc. And they are seldom called out because they know that people will automatically point at the Dem leadership.

Not saying that happens elsewhere, but it very much happens here.
Grace Preston is offline   Quote
Old 06-04-2023, 06:09 AM   #47
Why_Yes_I_Do
BANNED

Encounters: 14
Default How high is up?

Would not a city DA be beholding to the Mayer and a State DA be beholding to the Governor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace Preston View Post
In the interest of fairness-- most cities with a population over 250k are Dem run, regardless of location.

Crime is bad, particularly violent crime. One could look at the Mayor and at the City Council and immediately say "Oh look-- almost all Democrats". And... that would be a fair statement. But...

Both the current and former DA's are Republican. Hard core Trump Republicans, too. And they continually give plea deals to repeat offenders, violent offenders, etc. And they are seldom called out because they know that people will automatically point at the Dem leadership.

Why_Yes_I_Do is offline   Quote
Old 06-04-2023, 07:17 AM   #48
Levianon17
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace Preston View Post

What you're talking about happens in many places. Crime has escalated because of Politicians and Judges making decisions on crime based on demographics and politics. If crime in major cities is to be managed successfully there must be a strong well organized Police Dept. The hiring process must attract qualified applicants. They must be supported by the city, well trained and well paid. Then the Law abiding citizens mus be empowered by encouraging them to feel free to obtain and carry a firearm if they so desire and make training readily and easily accessible to them. This talk of Gun Control, banning this and banning that does nothing more than make the criminal element much more bolder and instills fear and uncertainty in the average citizen.
Levianon17 is offline   Quote
Old 06-07-2023, 07:42 PM   #49
Precious_b
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
What you wrote is absolutely correct. It's also absolutely misleading....
Glad you checked out the source in the Axios link. Frankly, I didn't. But with quoting sources, there is more than just checking the leaning of a site. That would be like doing a space shot to the moon but only relying on a number line coordinates for direction. You need 6 data points to get orientation in space. I like a bias site that also uses veracity of the site. Alot of righties like to ignore that. So....
Sound like what alot of other people do here. Except they unerringly don't get the former and overly salt the latter.

Seems to be that people here will only want to put out what their view point and when countered, cover their ears and eyes and spew barbar.

I've stated before and I will say again:
Liars.
Damn Liars.
Statisticians.

You never heard me once dispute correlation of crime and urban areas. You definitely hear those screaming that is the only thing that counts. Keep screaming. You don't see them disproving that murder rates are higher in donny states than joey states. Let's put it another way. Per capita, you can see the statement I posted is true with link below. Go ahead and sift through records per county seat and show me that it is wrong.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._homicide_rate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty Again View Post
... Simpson's Paradox surely shows that
yer statement there is MIS-LEADING.

Just sayin'

#### Salty
I'd surely pay good $$$ to hear you convey the knowledge you know of it in a lecture. Either way, the content of your speech would bring back bad memories of my days of college statistic classes along with all the calculus courses I took.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Why_Yes_I_Do View Post
Would not a city DA be beholding to the Mayer and a State DA be beholding to the Governor?
Can't play both sides of the argument...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid View Post

it's the cities and who controls them
Precious_b is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women