Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh > The Sandbox - Pittsburgh
The Sandbox - Pittsburgh The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 388
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 269
George Spelvin 256
sharkman29 253
Top Posters
DallasRain70583
biomed161777
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453139
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling48123
pyramider46370
bambino40983
CryptKicker37148
Mokoa36488
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 05-22-2023, 12:20 PM   #1
berryberry
Valued Poster

Encounters: 98
Default The DEI joke exposed

Uber puts Asian diversity chief on leave over 'Don't Call Me Karen' sessions exploring 'white women's experience'

Uber's Chief Diversity Equity and Inclusion Officer, Bo Young Lee, was recently placed on leave after she moderated an event for employees titled "Don't Call Me Karen," which employees complained was "triggering."

The New York Times reports that Uber’s chief people officer, Nikki Krishnamurthy, and chief executive, Dara Khosrowshahi, sent an email Thursday to staff and announced they had asked Young "to step back and take a leave of absence while we determine next steps."

The first "Don't Call Me Karen" session happened in April and was billed as an opportunity to explore "the 'Karen persona'" and dive "into the spectrum of the American white woman’s experience." The second session took place via Zoom last week.

Lee, who started working for Uber in 2018, arranged the sessions to foster an "open and honest conversation about race."

Uber workers, including those from a "Black at Uber" group, complained about the sessions with one black employee saying they were "tone-deaf, offensive and triggering."

The email from Krishnamurthy and Khosrowshahi said, "We have heard that many of you are in pain and upset by yesterday’s Moving Forward session. While it was meant to be a dialogue, it’s obvious that those who attended did not feel heard."

Lee responded to the criticism and said, "sometimes being pushed out of your own strategic ignorance is the right thing to do."

Via Slack messages, black and Hispanic members of the "Black at Uber" channel and "Los Ubers" channel said, "I just don't even understand the premise of the meeting."

"I think when people are called Karens it’s implied that this is someone that has little empathy to others or is bothered by minorities others that don’t look like them. Like why can’t bad behavior not be called out?" Another wrote.

The employees praised Krishnamurthy and Khosrowshahi for placing Lee on leave, with one saying, "You deserve a pay raise and/or time off for all this unpaid emotional labor."

https://thepostmillennial.com/uber-p...campaign=64483
berryberry is offline   Quote
Old 05-22-2023, 12:23 PM   #2
berryberry
Valued Poster

So to recap:

the Asian DEI officer puts on a seminar to explore discrimination white women receive

and the

black and latino women at Uber revolt, calling it tone deaf, triggering, etc.

I guess they think discrimination only goes one way

LOL
Old 05-22-2023, 02:07 PM   #3
lustylad
BANNED

Encounters: 9
Default Getting Paid to Stir Up Shit

I can't imagine a more worthless corporate position than DEI officer. We should rename this title "Chief Corporate Shit Stirrer". The job description should read - sit around all day dreaming up new ways to foster friction, animus, and grievances throughout the employee work force. At the end of the day, the DEI officer doesn't add any value to a company, but only detracts from it. Uber's experience was entirely predictable and will be followed by others.
lustylad is offline   Quote
Old 05-22-2023, 02:30 PM   #4
berryberry
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by lustylad View Post
I can't imagine a more worthless corporate position than DEI officer. We should rename this title "Chief Corporate Shit Stirrer". The job description should read - sit around all day dreaming up new ways to foster friction, animus, and grievances throughout the employee work force. At the end of the day, the DEI officer doesn't add any value to a company, but only detracts from it.
Oh. I agree completely. Before I retired, at my last job, the far left idiot in charge hired a DEI officer. Biggest waste of money ever. She was worthless. I went to the first session she put on and refused to go to any more. In fact, my entire department asked me if they had to go to this insanity and I told them no.

I heard lots of complaints from others too.

So my boss (the far left idiot in charge) said I haven't seen you or your department at any of the DEI sessions. And I said yep - they are worthless and we are not wasting our time. He became offended and said well I really want everyone there. I just smiled and said well that's not going to happen. I will just leave before subjecting me and my team to that. And that was that - he never mentioned it again to me because he knew he couldn't afford to lose me.

After I retired and things went downhill, the far left idiot in charge got shit canned by the board because of his DEI initiatives
Old 05-22-2023, 05:05 PM   #5
HDGristle
The Man (He/Him/His)

So much tension over DEI. Did you get a write-up and an early retirement?
HDGristle is offline   Quote
Old 05-22-2023, 05:28 PM   #6
berryberry
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDGristle View Post
So much tension over DEI. Did you get a write-up and an early retirement?

Nope - as CFO/COO I was more valuable to the company than the far left idiot in charge and he knew it. Things went downhill after I left

But I did choose to retire quite early - one of the perks of being such a success in life. Maybe one day you will be so fortunate. I doubt it but you can still hope.

The idiot DEI officer he hired also got shit canned when the board axed the the far left idiot in charge. I heard that it was a glorious day
Old 05-22-2023, 05:33 PM   #7
HDGristle
The Man (He/Him/His)

And yet you're still so bitter about it. Methinks there's more here than meets the eye.

DEI is here to stay. And in reality it's been around quite a awhile.
Old 05-22-2023, 05:42 PM   #8
The_Waco_Kid
BANNED

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by lustylad View Post
I can't imagine a more worthless corporate position than DEI officer. We should rename this title "Chief Corporate Shit Stirrer". The job description should read - sit around all day dreaming up new ways to foster friction, animus, and grievances throughout the employee work force. At the end of the day, the DEI officer doesn't add any value to a company, but only detracts from it. Uber's experience was entirely predictable and will be followed by others.

a contrived leftist woke nonsense position that didn't exist until recently and won't last long either. it's a fad kinda like a hula hoop or a slinky

Quote:
And yet you're still so bitter about it. Methinks there's more here than meets the eye.

nope
The_Waco_Kid is offline   Quote
Old 05-22-2023, 05:46 PM   #9
berryberry
Valued Poster

Quote:

Not bitter at all. I am loving life. Wake up when I want, do what I want.

I predicted it would happen. Even warned some people about it.
I still have some friends at the company as well as some on the board so it was amusing to hear the stories from them when it all went down. Just like I predicted. They even tried to get me to come back after they shit canned him but I am enjoying retirement too much
Old 05-23-2023, 05:42 AM   #10
HDGristle
The Man (He/Him/His)

Instead of pointing out superficial bullshit about these two events and DEI as a whole as part of a mundane gotcha, it would be interesting to see the actual training that was put on and how the conversations evolved or devolved.

Let's also recall that these were handled as 500 person Zoom meetings. These types of crucial conversations are delivered in far smaller, tighter groups and best delivered in-person. Harder to do for such a decentralized company. More costly, but worth it if they're putting their money where their mouth is. So there would be legitimate questions about format.

If the sessions were titled what they've been reportedly titled, there's a legitimate question of forced provocation and sensationalism in the presentation. Which can make sense in some ways if used effectively and in the proper setting. In others, it can create a potentially unnecessary tight rope that can easily fall into derailment and escalation in even a small group setting let alone the Zoom format.

Quite a bit of additional discussion.

But we're not looking at that because this is a provocative, sensationalist shitpost from a cultural arsonist trying to poke the libs instead of engage in meaningful discussion.
Old 05-23-2023, 11:47 AM   #11
berryberry
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid View Post
a contrived leftist woke nonsense position that didn't exist until recently and won't last long either. it's a fad kinda like a hula hoop or a slinky
It is indeed. More leftist bullshit being pushed on normal Americans. And in this case it is hilarious to see the outcome

Again, you have an Asian DEI officer who puts on a seminar to explore discrimination that white women receive

But the black and latino women at Uber revolt, calling it tone deaf, triggering, etc.

Why do they think discrimination only goes one way?

It exposes the whole woke leftist DEI farce

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women