Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
test
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 391
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 264
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70709
biomed162537
Yssup Rider60375
gman4453226
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48442
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41549
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35924
Mojojo33117

Old 03-06-2023, 03:04 PM   #16
Levianon17
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheap Charlie View Post
I know many African immigrants. Easy to identify them because they have the weird accent. All the African immigrants I've met have nice homes, nice cars, fat wallets, high net worth, healthy relationships, great families. Isn't this proof that the American Dream exists for all races, even black people? Why do Nigerians and other African immigrants thrive in a country that American blacks constantly complain about as racist and unfair? How is this possible? Am I missing something? The left hates it when we point this out. I wonder why? Victimhood mentality is real.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXefYT5o1uo
Actually you are missing something. Nigerians come here like any other foreign ethnic group and adapt to the American way of life but they also hang onto their African customs and beliefs as well. In others words they can continue to identify with their native land. African Americans have lost their identity to Africa.
Levianon17 is offline   Quote
Old 03-06-2023, 05:13 PM   #17
Charley3
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
I would have phrased that differently. But agree that Democratic politicians are motivated to keep low income people poor and dependent on government. The Democratic Party favors a larger federal government, more so than the Republican Party. And so people who are more dependent on the federal government are more likely to vote for Democrats.

Part of the long term solution though has to be helping poor children so that they ultimately end up with the skills needed to participate in the American Dream. And that's going to involve helping poor families. The enhanced child tax credit that's paid regardless of how much taxes a family pays is a good example. The problem is that the Democratic Party wants to make that a middle class entitlement. Benefits are received by couples and singles making up to $150,000 and $112,500 respectively.
I’m not in favor of any generalized tax break. I would be in favor of my tax dollars going directly to make and sustain “gifted student” schools. Inner city schools are by and large a three ring circus. But there is a percentage of kids that want to learn. Even if they aren’t “gifted”, they need to have the opportunity to get out of the circus and actually learn in a school with other kids that also want to learn.
Charley3 is online now   Quote
Old 03-06-2023, 05:34 PM   #18
Levianon17
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley3 View Post
I’m not in favor of any generalized tax break. I would be in favor of my tax dollars going directly to make and sustain “gifted student” schools. Inner city schools are by and large a three ring circus. But there is a percentage of kids that want to learn. Even if they aren’t “gifted”, they need to have the opportunity to get out of the circus and actually learn in a school with other kids that also want to learn.
Very good post. You're absolutely correct.
Levianon17 is offline   Quote
Old 03-07-2023, 03:27 AM   #19
Lucas McCain
Valued Poster

Quote:
Hey McCain, First, my criticisms of the Democratic Party were somewhat tongue in cheek. I realize the Party of 2023 has progressed a long way from the time of Lincoln.

There may be a disproportionate number of immigrant cab drivers from African countries. Try talking to them. Some are highly educated.

A graduate school professor of mine is from Nigeria. And one of my doctors, who's a professor at a medical school, hails from a country close to Nigeria. They're both brilliant people. And we all know American blacks who are brilliant as well. Two of our most eloquent posters fit in that category.

The point here is that some people believe blacks are genetically inclined to be less intelligent. And that's complete bull shit. The fallacy is used by white supremacists, and probably believed by some Democrats who are strong proponents of the welfare state.

We've got a huge problem in the U.S. Just look at the statistics for income, health care outcomes, and number of people incarcerated. It shouldn't be this way. Yeah, the politically correct thing may be to ignore the problem and say it doesn't exist. But that just doesn't make sense to me.
What the hell are you even talking about? I'm simply calling bullshit on the OP's thread and his plan to instigate racist shit. Where the fuck in any of my posts did I ever infer anything about the education of African immigrants and their intelligence? What do your posts have anything to do with the OP's false claim? Did you even read his post?

Damn. some of you dudes get so focused in your narrative that you forget the damn topic. Focus better people.

And Tiny, I don't give a shit what you say about Democrats or Republicans because I am neither party. LOL
Lucas McCain is offline   Quote
Old 03-07-2023, 09:02 PM   #20
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley3 View Post
I’m not in favor of any generalized tax break. I would be in favor of my tax dollars going directly to make and sustain “gifted student” schools.Inner city schools are by and large a three ring circus. But there is a percentage of kids that want to learn. Even if they aren’t “gifted”, they need to have the opportunity to get out of the circus and actually learn in a school with other kids that also want to learn.
Here's one for you. Maryland's one of the wealthiest, most highly educated states in the USA. But only 7% of 3rd through 8th graders in Baltimore tested proficient in math. Incredibly, there were 23 Baltimore schools - high schools, elementary schools and middle schools - where NO students tested proficient in math. Not a single one. And another 20 which only had one or two students who tested proficient in math:

https://foxbaltimore.com/news/local/...2-in-new-study

And yet Baltimore spends $15,168 per pupil per year educating kids:

https://www.census.gov/content/dam/C...l-finances.pdf

Here's another one. New York is number one in the country in per pupil spending by state -- the average is $24,040:

https://worldpopulationreview.com/st...nding-by-state

And yet New York is has the second lowest literacy rate, 77.9%, of all the states:

https://worldpopulationreview.com/st...rates-by-state

Yeah, schools for gifted kids would be great. But what if you don't have ANY gifted kids to educate?

What's the solution? I'm no expert. But charter schools and vouchers that would pay for poor kids' tuition in private schools would help. And teachers who are accountable for the performance of their students. Unfortunately, the Democratic Party politicians, which are in the hip pocket of the teacher's unions, won't go along with any of this.

And how does this relate to the subject at hand? Well, according to Black Excellence Excel List, Nigerians are the most successful immigrants in the United States because they put education first -- Nigerians are the most educated of all immigrants,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fw11ZKzcAk8

"The best inheritance that (Nigerian) parents can provide to their children is not material things, but it is a good education."

Furthermore, 60% of Nigerian immigrants have bachelor's degrees.

Now do you think the schools those immigrants attended in Africa spent $15,000 or $25,000 per year on their education? Hell no. Maybe a few hundred dollars a year.

Something's broken.
Tiny is online now   Quote
Old 03-07-2023, 09:39 PM   #21
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas McCain View Post
What the hell are you even talking about? I'm simply calling bullshit on the OP's thread and his plan to instigate racist shit. Where the fuck in any of my posts did I ever infer anything about the education of African immigrants and their intelligence? What do your posts have anything to do with the OP's false claim? Did you even read his post?

Damn. some of you dudes get so focused in your narrative that you forget the damn topic. Focus better people.

And Tiny, I don't give a shit what you say about Democrats or Republicans because I am neither party. LOL
I'll fill in the gaps McCain. Here's your post I was replying to,

Quote:
The responses by many in this thread are funny. Some of you clowns actually took the bait.

Tiny, I expected better from you but definitely not from the other predictable old timers who can't jump on the OP's racist troll threads fast enough.

Bottom line is Nigerians are hardly thriving in this country as the OP states. Yeah, I tipped my cab driver well in NYC last week, but I'm pretty sure he didn't buy a beach house in the Hamptons with it.

Do many of you clowns even know how to stay on topic? Read the damn subject title for fucks sake... I've worked with a lot of client executives and C-Suites because of my job the last 10 years. I have never once worked with a Nigerian or anyone else who immigrated from Africa. I see Asians in the room. But I sure the fuck don't see any Africans in the room.

What the fuck do any of these foolish history and sociology posts have to do with the troll subject title/topic? LOL
Here are a few numbers from the link in my foolish sociology post you're referring to, being a study by the respected Pew Research Center. The survey was done in 2013,

% of U.S. Population with a College Degree: 30%
% of U.S. Born Blacks with a College Degree: 19%
% of African Born Immigrants with a College Degree: 35%

Average Household Income for U.S. Adults: $52,000
Average Household Income for U.S. Born Blacks: $33,500
Average Household Income for African Born Immigrants: $43,000

Now, please realize the African averages are pulled down by non-native English speakers from places like Ethiopia and Eritrea. Unlike you, I can't recall riding in a single taxi driven by a Nigerian immigrant, but I've ridden in lots driven by cabbies from those other two countries.

According a Black Excellence Excel List video and a Financial Times article I'll link to below, a whopping 61% of Nigerian immigrants have bachelors degrees!

Here's the FT article: What makes Nigerians in diaspora so successful

https://www.ft.com/content/ca39b445-...c-0f5dae5f3460

And the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fw11ZKzcAk8

And here's an interesting tidbit from the next link, Why Nigerian Immigrants are One of the Most Successful Ethnic Group in the U.S.

Nigerian immigrants account for less than 1 percent of the black population in the United States, yet, they make up nearly 25 percent of all Black students at Harvard Business School.
It comes to no surprise that Nigerian-Americans’ achievements in the world of education top any other U.S. immigrant groups, including Asian-Americans. Today, a growing number of Nigerian-Americans are entrepreneurs, CEOs and founders of tech companies across the U.S. and abroad.

https://medium.com/@joecarleton/why-...s-23a7ea5a0832

So anyway, CheapCharlie's arguably right. I guess it depends in part on how you define "successful."

Now, you're being awfully coy about why you want to shut down debate instead of weighing in on the problem. If you're inclined to reply, why do you think Black Americans born here on average are less successful than immigrants from Africa, if you define success in terms of income or educational attainment? And what, if anything, can government do to help? Or if you prefer, you can just tell us we're racists again.
Tiny is online now   Quote
Old 03-07-2023, 11:38 PM   #22
Lucas McCain
Valued Poster

Quote:
I'll fill in the gaps McCain.
You're not filling in any gaps. You just don't understand why this thread was started. Look at the OP's history, genius.

Instead of wasting your time googling irrelevant shit, you should have just looked at the OP's post history and maybe you would have understood my skeptical posts in this thread better.

Thank you for the Nigerian education stats. Please advise at your earliest convenience of their success rate stats in suckering old dipshit Americans out of money while you're still in google copy and paste mode. LOL
Old 03-08-2023, 09:58 PM   #23
Cheap Charlie
Account Disabled

Encounters: 37

Quote:
You're not filling in any gaps. You just don't understand why this thread was started. Look at the OP's history, genius.

Instead of wasting your time googling irrelevant shit, you should have just looked at the OP's post history and maybe you would have understood my skeptical posts in this thread better.

Thank you for the Nigerian education stats. Please advise at your earliest convenience of their success rate stats in suckering old dipshit Americans out of money while you're still in google copy and paste mode. LOL
What would the real Rifleman think?

Pa.... My purple haired, nose ringed teacher says "White people oppressed and enslaved everyone throughout history and we should pay reparations." MOVE AWAY, MARK! KPOW, POW, POW, POW, POW, POW, POW. JIK, JIK.
Cheap Charlie is offline   Quote
Old 03-08-2023, 11:05 PM   #24
Lucas McCain
Valued Poster

^^^^ Very insightful as usual, Cheap Chuck. Now Tiny do you understand better why this troll thread was started or are you still clueless about the OP's intent?

I'm done with this worthless thread. It has no place to go but down just like the troll always wanted. Have fun Chuck!

By the way Charles, I hope you realize that that my handle is a fictional character so he wouldn't think anything about today unless it was written in the script more than 20 years before I was even born. LOL
Old 03-09-2023, 02:12 PM   #25
oilfieldace
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:

What a total goober. If I could buy some of you ijits for your actual value , then sell you for what you thought you were worth , me and the feeds would be happy. Instead of telling folks what they should be doing perhaps you need a helping of mind yer own bidness. Somehow you escape and keep on insulting everyone on this board WHAT A FUCKING JOKE
oilfieldace is offline   Quote
Old 03-10-2023, 03:05 AM   #26
Lucas McCain
Valued Poster

Ace, the only person I have insulted in this troll thread is myself by even entertaining the foolishness of it when I knew the purpose.

The OP has insulted me and my fictional son Mark who is probably around 70 now. You have insulted me by just quoting me and posting gibberish to insult me. And I have insulted me. I think I'll go cry.

Yeah, I may come across as condescending at times, but I'm not insulting anyone but myself. Sorry for your sensitivity. Sometimes I forget how sensitive and woke men are today. My bad. I blame your enjoyment and pleasure watching manly shows like "American Idol" and "Big Brother" for that.

Anyway, I call bullshit when I see it. Sorry if people don't see what I think is obvious. Unless the OP answers my simple question about how he knows successful African immigrants, I'll stick with my original assumption about the purpose of this thread is for him to do what he likes to do which is to bash black Americans.
Old 03-10-2023, 10:42 AM   #27
Cheap Charlie
Account Disabled

Encounters: 37

Quote:
Ace, the only person I have insulted in this troll thread is myself by even entertaining the foolishness of it when I knew the purpose.

The OP has insulted me and my fictional son Mark who is probably around 70 now. You have insulted me by just quoting me and posting gibberish to insult me. And I have insulted me. I think I'll go cry.

Yeah, I may come across as condescending at times, but I'm not insulting anyone but myself. Sorry for your sensitivity. Sometimes I forget how sensitive and woke men are today. My bad. I blame your enjoyment and pleasure watching manly shows like "American Idol" and "Big Brother" for that.

Anyway, I call bullshit when I see it. Sorry if people don't see what I think is obvious. Unless the OP answers my simple question about how he knows successful African immigrants, I'll stick with my original assumption about the purpose of this thread is for him to do what he likes to do which is to bash black Americans.
I thought you were done with this thread. I know many successful African migrants the same way everyone else does. Many are coworkers, and many are clients, which I encounter all day long. Even some of those cab drivers you mentioned are wealthier than you could possibly imagine. I know professional drivers who are millionaires, because they know how to invest and live below their means. Why is that so hard to believe. At least I don’t look down on cab drivers. I believe there is honor in all work, regardless. African immigrants to America are some of the most successful people on Earth and I, along with most people recognize that. I admire hard work and success regardless of race. This is not a racist troll thread as you accuse. This thread is simply to point out the obvious, which I hope I have done.

So now, you answer my original question, Mr. Rifleman. How is America so racist when African migrants flourish and thrive here?

Has anyone else noticed who hasn’t contributed to this thread?
Cheap Charlie is offline   Quote
Old 03-10-2023, 11:04 AM   #28
nevergaveitathought
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheap Charlie View Post
I know many successful African migrants the same way everyone else does.
for example, elon musk
nevergaveitathought is offline   Quote
Old 03-10-2023, 11:18 AM   #29
texassapper
BANNED

Encounters: 36

Quote:
Unless the OP answers my simple question about how he knows successful African immigrants, I'll stick with my original assumption about the purpose of this thread is for him to do what he likes to do which is to bash black Americans.
So you're asserting that African immigrants do NOT do better in comparison to American blacks? Would the OP knowing or NOT knowing an African immigrant change that assertion?

See the demand to prove the OP knows a Nigerian has zero to do with whether Nigerians and other Black immigrants do better than American blacks financially. That's a red herring to draw attention away from the assertion that indicate African immigrants perform better financially than American blacks.

The reason is that if the above is true, it presents a problem for all those Communist enablers who claim that systemic RAYCISS is keeping American blacks down. Because if America is systemically RAYCISS, then No minority should be able to succeed in the US.

Of course, we know that is foolishness and untrue, but w/o this claim most of the race hustlers and victim shopping money hustlers will be without a group of people to get donations from.

So... which is it, cowboy?
texassapper is offline   Quote
Old 03-10-2023, 06:05 PM   #30
dilbert firestorm
Premium Access

Encounters: 4

oooohhh!

ol' cowboy is being called out!
dilbert firestorm is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women