Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Austin > The Sandbox - Austin
test
The Sandbox - Austin The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 261
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70677
biomed162343
Yssup Rider60201
gman4453216
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48383
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41235
CryptKicker37178
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 03-31-2022, 01:42 PM   #46
Aramis13
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 13

Here’s an article I found today. Appropriate for this topic.

https://www.businessinsider.com/real...-cities-2022-3
Aramis13 is offline   Quote
Old 04-01-2022, 08:20 AM   #47
Why_Yes_I_Do
BANNED

Encounters: 14
Default Number 2 isn't always crappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aramis13 View Post
Here’s an article I found today. Appropriate for this topic.

https://www.businessinsider.com/real...-cities-2022-3
Hard to argue the points it makes. Though it is a bifurcated pickle. For first timers, waiting my still be wise. For investors, still good buying as many are paying cash or at least putting a lot down. Investors see the Austin area as THE place to be still.

I do agree that eventually something is bound to happen. I know a few millennials were shocked, shocked I say, to learn a stock market could go down and hard in the 2008-2009 time frame. However, we are nowhere near the double digit interest rates of the late 70's to early 80's either. I will point out that the 08-09 debacle didn't matter one whit to me. I wasn't selling and already had a decent interest rate. Sit tight was right - as the joint has more than tripled in value since and I was able to refinance along the way to an even lower rate. I would love to tell you it was skill, but I just got lucky is closer to the truth.

My opinion is still, be realistic and assess your actual needs. If you decide to purchase one of the biggest investment that you will own, be ready for what the current market is offering.
As the article mentions, Austin is #2, so we just have to try harder .
Why_Yes_I_Do is offline   Quote
Old 04-05-2022, 06:48 AM   #48
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

Just received my 2022 Notice of Appraised Value from Williamson county. Market value of my house up $204k from 2021, a 60% increase. Luckily my taxes have been frozen for several years due to my age. The assessed value can only go up 10% from the previous year but the increase will be 10% each year for quite a while until the assessed value hits the market value, assuming the real estate market doesn't crash.
SpeedRacerXXX is offline   Quote
Old 04-05-2022, 11:51 AM   #49
Why_Yes_I_Do
BANNED

Encounters: 14
Default I learned a new term or two

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX View Post
Just received my 2022 Notice of Appraised Value from Williamson county. Market value of my house up $204k from 2021, a 60% increase. Luckily my taxes have been frozen for several years due to my age. The assessed value can only go up 10% from the previous year but the increase will be 10% each year for quite a while until the assessed value hits the market value, assuming the real estate market doesn't crash.
Homeowners know there is a thing caled the Homestead exemption, which reduces the value of your home slightly for property tax purposes on your primary home. As mentioned above, there is a cap on property taxes cannot increase more than 10% in a single year. The way they do that is via a deduction called the 'Homestead Cap Loss', which is deducted from 'Total Appraised Value' to arrive at the 'Total Assessed Value" to calculate the tax owed - which is frick'n high in Texas.
Total Market Value
- Agricultural Use
- Timber Use
-----------------------------
Total Appraised Value
- Homestead Cap Loss
-----------------------------
Total Assessed Value

Why_Yes_I_Do is offline   Quote
Old 04-08-2022, 06:07 PM   #50
Kevin2005
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 29

It's supply vs demand issue. Austin house market is in high demand due to rich californians wanting buy house here 😉..also tech companies fuel this demand
Kevin2005 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women