Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > San Antonio > The Sandbox - San Antonio
The Sandbox - San Antonio The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 388
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 268
George Spelvin 255
sharkman29 253
Top Posters
DallasRain70538
biomed161480
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453105
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling48001
pyramider46370
bambino40654
CryptKicker37131
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 02-24-2022, 03:46 AM   #1
ttmax
Premium Access

Encounters: 120
Default Freaking improve

Wow! Went to a restaurant in New Braunfels a chain.... 2 person eating, waited to get drinks, waited to order, waited to get food, waited to get refills, waited for little stuff, time to pay, waitress comes 4 times in 5 minutes if we need anything else. Handed bill, $65 dollars, left $5 cash tip.....she was angry, but hey, dam bad service....to much freaking waiting!
ttmax is offline   Quote
Old 02-24-2022, 12:28 PM   #2
I Like Massage
Premium Access

Encounters: 28

IDK, most places are short staffed and service has suffered all across the board for awhile now.
I try to take the view that everyone is working hard and I’ll tip 20 % regardless of the service. I always thank them and smile. Sometimes the server will recognize me or my family and step it up next time. Sometimes I think “well they are having a tough go, I hope there day gets better”
I Like Massage is offline   Quote
Old 02-24-2022, 03:22 PM   #3
ttmax
Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Like Massage View Post
IDK, most places are short staffed and service has suffered all across the board for awhile now.
I try to take the view that everyone is working hard and I’ll tip 20 % regardless of the service. I always thank them and smile. Sometimes the server will recognize me or my family and step it up next time. Sometimes I think “well they are having a tough go, I hope there day gets better”
Very true... hospital, restaurants, banks, many businesses short staff. Some businesses are welcome and make excuses to save on labor and costs..ie banks, doctors office.... some not all. Unemployment pays more.... I understand that issue very well. Just saying be glad with any tip.... some people can't afford tips... Millennium don't tip at all.
ttmax is offline   Quote
Old 03-10-2022, 10:58 AM   #4
robexar
Valued Poster

Encounters: 37
Default No staff

I own restaurants and had over 250 people eating and 3 waitresses.
NO body wants to work and please don't give me the crap about $15/hr.
My employees average $35/hr with tips.

There are no people who are willing to work anymore.
Get used to it because soon you will be talking to a computer and we all love that!
robexar is offline   Quote
Old 03-10-2022, 03:21 PM   #5
silvester91999
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttmax View Post
Wow! Went to a restaurant in New Braunfels a chain.... 2 person eating, waited to get drinks, waited to order, waited to get food, waited to get refills, waited for little stuff, time to pay, waitress comes 4 times in 5 minutes if we need anything else. Handed bill, $65 dollars, left $5 cash tip.....she was angry, but hey, dam bad service....to much freaking waiting!

She paid taxes on $9.75 weather you gave it to her or not..
silvester91999 is online now   Quote
Old 03-10-2022, 05:11 PM   #6
I Like Massage
Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by robexar View Post

Get used to it because soon you will be talking to a computer and we all love that!
As a business owner, I’m going to politely disagree with this characterization. Between my two businesses I have about 50 employees, 25 Full Time, 25 part time. We span from professional, executive, licensed, certified and “minimum wage”
Our “minimum wage” employees make $12-15, our certified employee make a minimum of $30 (with annual performance raises), our management team and licensed professionals make top end of industry. We have 0-5% turnover. We have people clamoring to work for us. It’s because we support and listen to our employees, pay a good wage, respect their off time and carefully select and mentor our leadership team to create an environment where people want to work.

It’s about recognizing that our most valuable assets are our employees. When you have happy staff in a nontoxic work environment your clients notice and are more likely to return. We have 700 and 150 5 star Google reviews that say treating people well works for your bottom line.
Old 03-10-2022, 05:20 PM   #7
I Like Massage
Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by robexar View Post

To be fair, I am not a restaurateur.
I understand that restaurants have thin margins and are sensitive to price fluctuations. Our overhead has sky rocketed in both business and we had to raise prices. So I get it. I just disagree with the “people don’t want to work” part
Old 03-10-2022, 10:07 PM   #8
ttmax
Premium Access

...restaurant nowadays are getting creative...
1. automatic 20% percent tip
2. miscellaneous service fee.
3. to go container fee.
4. adding fee percentage for using a credit cart.
5. party of 5 or more added automatically a tip
6. additional fee for soda refills or extra sauce.

...all are legitimate fees with the exception of #1, #2 and #5 are unfairly added (old school was, you leave a staring 10% tip or a generous tip accordingly to the service as a gratitude!) and servers were happy, and yes life has always been hard even when not making minimal wage, but dependent on tips thus earned it with a good service.
ttmax is offline   Quote
Old 03-11-2022, 01:55 PM   #9
Tdam
Premium Access

Encounters: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Like Massage View Post
As a business owner, I’m going to politely disagree with this characterization. Between my two businesses I have about 50 employees, 25 Full Time, 25 part time. We span from professional, executive, licensed, certified and “minimum wage”
Our “minimum wage” employees make $12-15, our certified employee make a minimum of $30 (with annual performance raises), our management team and licensed professionals make top end of industry. We have 0-5% turnover. We have people clamoring to work for us. It’s because we support and listen to our employees, pay a good wage, respect their off time and carefully select and mentor our leadership team to create an environment where people want to work.

It’s about recognizing that our most valuable assets are our employees. When you have happy staff in a nontoxic work environment your clients notice and are more likely to return. We have 700 and 150 5 star Google reviews that say treating people well works for your bottom line.
I run my own business as well but you got me ready to update my resume and send it your way!
Tdam is offline   Quote
Old 03-11-2022, 04:29 PM   #10
freaky fun13
Premium Access

Encounters: 72

If I’m getting shitty service I look to see how much wait staff they have. If they look like they’re doing the best they can I tip them good. If they’re fucking off, not so much.
freaky fun13 is offline   Quote
Old 03-15-2022, 10:53 AM   #11
robexar
Valued Poster

Encounters: 37

Our employees are the ones who dropped out of middle school and high school. We take real good care of them. We pay for a dentist visit, eye doctor once a year but most important, we bail them out of jail when they get arrested. They pay us back.

None of these people are professionals or ever gone to college. I always have people telling me not to hire felons or drug users. Hell, I would have no employees if I had drug tests.
Their working environment is not the problem.

Before Covid, we had tons of people and hardly any turnover for a restaurant, but now!
BIG Difference and we have not changed, the employees attitude has.

The reason I can not expand and open more locations ids the lack of employees.
I Wish I only had to deal with professionals!
In my real business, I am a professional and have been in business 35 years. My employees work 30 works a week and get paid for 40. They make close to 6 figures and I still have trouble finding staff.

The only point I was trying to make is, please be patient with restaurants until we get back to normal.
Trust me, they are working their asses off.
robexar is offline   Quote
Old 03-15-2022, 04:35 PM   #12
ttmax
Premium Access

robexar +1....
ttmax is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women