Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Austin > The Sandbox - Austin
test
The Sandbox - Austin The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 393
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 275
George Spelvin 263
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70718
biomed162764
Yssup Rider60470
gman4453240
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48487
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41829
CryptKicker37189
Mokoa36491
The_Waco_Kid36223
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 06-17-2021, 10:57 PM   #16
GastonGlock
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otisdriftwood View Post
I love these people that say "self-defense" wanna be tough guys. It is easy to say" I pull my gun and shoot him". YOU do not know what you would do in that situation. Btw if you shot an innocent buystander by accident, yes you are not trained for pressure situations how would you feel. You are not as tough as you thing you are.
that's why you gotta train as much as possible. and I mean under stress, and from your holster. None of the standing at the ready at the range shit.

You gotta get your shit squared away because you and the other guy are playing by different sets of rules. He gets to miss and hit other people, you don't.

If you've never been in a fight before in your life, and you're an adult, the closest you're gonna get is getting into boxing. You need to learn to manage your adrenaline and not to freeze in place like a prey animal. You really need to experience someone wanting to seriously harm you to get the point.
GastonGlock is offline   Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 08:57 AM   #17
GastonGlock
Valued Poster

7 pieces of legislation signed yesterday. Hell yeah.

https://twitter.com/GregAbbott_TX/st...883952139?s=20

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/te...ation/2659615/

Quote:
HB1927
"Number one is probably the biggest and best of them all and that is the constitutional carry right in the Lone Star State," Abbott said. Texas joined nearly two dozen other states in allowing anyone who can legally own a firearm to carry that firearm. The law goes into effect on Sept. 1, 2021.
People are freaking out about this, but I don't think understand the scope.

1.) LTC's have always been easy to get. So the vast majority of people who cared about carrying legally already do.

2.) Lots of people carry without LTC's already because they don't give a shit what the law says.

3.) More people have weapons on them than you think.

Quote:
HB2622
"Next is a law that makes Texas a second amendment sanctuary state. This helps to shield Texas and Texans from overreaching federal government laws that we will not allow any Texan to enforce in the Lone Star State," Abbott said. The law regulates the enforcement of certain federal laws regulating firearms, firearm accessories, and firearm ammunition within the State of Texas. The law goes into effect on Sept. 1, 2021.
This law is also retroactive to Jan 19th of this year, so if the Fed tries to pass something between now and Sept 1st, this law still covers it.

Does it mean you can throw federal gun laws to the wind? No. You still have to contend with the Alphabet Boys. The Alphabet Boys just can't get help from the state, and there's not enough Alphabet Boys to go around.

Quote:
HB1500
"We are also preventing any government entity from prohibiting the sale or transportation of guns or ammo during a declared disaster," Abbott said. the law essentially makes those businesses essential businesses that can not be prohibited from operating during a disaster. The law goes into effect on Sept. 1, 2021.
This was a reaction to the simultaneous covid lockdown + race riots from last year.

Quote:
SB19
"And we are also prohibiting any government entity from contracting with any business that discriminates against firearm and ammunition businesses and organizations like the NRA," Abbott said. SB19 says that companies that want to enter into a contract with a governmental entity will have to provide in writing that they do not have any policies that discriminate against a firearm entity or firearm trade association and that they will not enact any such policies during the term of the contract. The law goes into effect on Sept. 1, 2021.
This is one of those laws Texas does that makes me scratch my head, like requiring the same folks as above pledge loyalty to Israel. Whatever.

Quote:
SB550
"Next is what I call 'holster choice.' Texas eliminated the shoulder or belt holster requirement allowing Texans to carry in whatever kind of holster they choose," Abbott said. The law goes into effect on Sept. 1, 2021.
Good. Texas is the only carry friendly state that I'm aware of that has weird specific laws on holsters, and the previous law is out of date compared to modern holster technology. So this was a good move.

Quote:
SB20
"This next law protects travelers who are traveling through the state of Texas and it allows them to store firearms in their hotel rooms," Abbott said. The law prohibits a hotel from adopting a firearms policy prohibiting a hotel guest from carrying and storing a firearm or firearm ammunition in their hotel room. The law goes into effect on Sept. 1, 2021.
Generally I'm very "this is my private property and fuck you if you think you can dictate to me what is and isn't allowed on MY property", but I'm empathetic to this one because I have to contend with it constantly. Nearly every hotel I stay at doesn't let me have my guns, but I end up sneaking them in anyways because I'm definitely not leaving them in my car. So personally I'm torn on this one.

Quote:
HB957
"Last but not least, we passed a law that says any firearm suppressor made in Texas and stays in Texas will not be subject to federal law or federal regulations," Abbott said. The law allows devices designed to silence or reduce the noise a gun makes when shot to go unregistered so long as the item was made in Texas, the packaging was stamped "Made in Texas" and so long as it remains in Texas and does not cross state lines. The law goes into effect on Sept. 1, 2021.
So this one isn't done yet, there's still a whole song & dance they need to do with the DOJ to validate this, but hopefully it clears that hurdle. Suppressors being NFA items is a dumb thing. Even European countries who have tight gun laws allow you to buy a suppressor off the shelf with no special bullshit because they didn't drink the Hollywood kool-aid about how they work. Hell, some countries actually don't allow you to hunt WITHOUT a suppressor.

All in all, I'm pretty happy with Wheels. If he wants to run for President of the US or President of Texas, I'll vote for him.
Old 06-18-2021, 02:58 PM   #18
nuglet
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22

it stands to reason Whispers is a "friend" of yours... Birds of a feather, or head in the sand?
nuglet is offline   Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 08:57 AM   #19
tcreative2
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 1

The current law works so well why would you want to mess with it ............ you'd never see a juvenile carrying an unlicensed pistol on 6th st. Is it really so important to keep law abiding people from being armed.
tcreative2 is offline   Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 09:06 AM   #20
winn dixie
BANNED

Encounters: 22

gang bangers dont follow the law. they wont follow any new laws either.
Tougher sentences
Tougher Judges
More prisons
winn dixie is offline   Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 02:51 PM   #21
GastonGlock
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by winn dixie View Post
Tougher sentences
Tougher Judges
More prisons
If you have the first two, and more armed citizens, you won't need the last one. See if these thugs are willing to risk their lives for that purse, wallet, or pair of shoes.
Old 06-22-2021, 09:25 PM   #22
Treetop78759
Valued Poster

Encounters: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by GastonGlock View Post
If you have the first two, and more armed citizens, you won't need the last one. See if these thugs are willing to risk their lives for that purse, wallet, or pair of shoes.
Unfortunately them type people are genetically stupid and don't think like us. Their aim is terrible so someone who carries is likely going to help cleanse the gene pool of those who are bred to be lazy thugs.
Treetop78759 is offline   Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 01:26 PM   #23
GastonGlock
Valued Poster

To quote Heinlein:

Quote:
When you vote, you are exercising political authority, you're using force. And force, my friends, is violence. The supreme authority from which all other authorities are derived.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women