Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
test
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 262
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70705
biomed162522
Yssup Rider60337
gman4453224
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48428
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41470
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35846
Mojojo33117

Old 02-25-2020, 05:49 PM   #1
oeb11
Valued Poster

Default Gender Studies Professor Suggests Trump Is Responsible For Black Female Obesity

https://moguldom.com/233636/gender-s...ampaign=233636

Rutgers University Professor Brittney Cooper tied racism and Trump’s policies to Black female obesity during an appearance on the Oprah Winfrey Network’s “Black Women OWN the Conversation”.
Conservative newspapers were all over it.
An expert on women’s and gender studies, Cooper addressed a room filled with 100 Black women.

“I hate when people talk about Black women being obese. I hate it because it becomes a way to blame us for a set of conditions we didn’t create,” she said. “We are living in the Trump era and those policies kill our people. You can’t get access to good healthcare, good insurance.”
Cooper said there’s research that shows Black women lose less weight and lose it slower when on the same diet as white women.
“What public health practitioners think is that our stress responses in the body change our metabolism. It’s literally that the racism that you’re experiencing and the struggle to make ends meet, actually means the diet didn’t work for you the same.”
Actress Tina Lifford, who shared the OWN stage with Cooper, responded, saying Black women “have the power to choose how we see ourselves. We will be fortified to fight all of these other external issues when we pour into ourselves enough to say: ‘I love me. I am not the conditions that surround me.'”
Conservative watchdog Campus Reform, which claims to “expose liberal bias and abuse on the nation’s college campuses,” followed up with Cooper, who spoke more about the research that formed the basis for her remarks.
“I wasn’t making an argument about Trump admin policies and weight,” Cooper said. “Dr. Arline Geronimus’ research from the 1990s argues pretty convincingly that Black women have physiological stress responses to racial stimuli and this affects our long-term health. I was citing this body of work and the president’s status as a racially polarizing figure that contributes to issues of racial stress for people of color.”
Geronimus is a public health research professor at the University of Michigan.
This isn’t the first time Cooper has been critical of Trump, Fox reported. During an August appearance on MSNBC, she said she was worried that Trump would be “absolutely willing to start a physical war” to boost the economy.
Listen to GHOGH with Jamarlin Martin | Episode 69: Jamarlin Martin
Jamarlin goes solo to unpack the question: Was Barack Obama the first political anti-Christ to rise in Black America?
“One of the ways we got ourselves out of the slump of protectionism in the 1940s was, we entered World War II,” Cooper told host Al Sharpton.
WBSM talk radio host Barry Richard opined that it’s “frustrating to witness the extent to which we as a society are ready to blame everything wrong in our lives on something or somebody else.”
“What about fat white or Hispanic women? What’s their excuse? Or mine?” Richard asked.
There was support for Cooper on Twitter.
“Public policy can contribute to obesity. For instance, if a community is poorly served by public transit or less walkable, making driving the only means to travel, obesity will likely be prevalent in that community. And some of these policies are racially motivated.”
WBSM talk radio host Barry Richard opined that it’s “frustrating to witness the extent to which we as a society are ready to blame everything wrong in our lives on something or somebody else.”
“What about fat white or Hispanic women? What’s their excuse? Or mine?” Richard asked.
There was support for Cooper on Twitter.
“Public policy can contribute to obesity. For instance, if a community is poorly served by public transit or less walkable, making driving the only means to travel, obesity will likely be prevalent in that community. And some of these policies are racially motivated.”

… and criticism of Cooper on Twitter:
“And she has a PHD???? 😮 Just throw the whole college away,” one person responded.
“This is very dangerous,” another tweeted. “You’re telling women that they bare no responsibility and have absolutely no control over their lives. Yes stress doesn’t help!! I have a stressful job, but I eat right and exercise. I’ve lost 12 not cuz of the prez, but me.”
https://twitter.com/Jmillio1000/stat...130729984?s=20

Campus Reform asked Cooper how she promotes her values in her professional life.
“What I hope my students learn in my classroom is how to be good scholars, critically informed thinkers able to come to well-researched and accurate conclusions, and discerning evaluators of what are credible versus less credible news sources.”

The Fascist DPST's will stoop to anylow to blame trump for their own issues they create for themselves. someOne else must be responsible for their problems - so blame trump. In 2025 Trump will leave office - Who to blame then????
Fascist DPST's have no sense of responsibility for themselves.

let's see 9500 and j666 Spin this One - LOL!!!!
oeb11 is offline   Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 06:01 PM   #2
The_Waco_Kid
AKA ULTRA MAGA Gurl

Encounters: 1

The_Waco_Kid is offline   Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 06:23 PM   #3
bambino
Valued Poster

Encounters: 29

And I thought Trump is responsible for WTFF’s obesity!!!!!
bambino is online now   Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 06:53 PM   #4
Jackie S
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Heck, here all this time I thought it was Popeye’s.

These fat ass bitches need to learn that this is not a single serving

https://eccie.net/attachment.php?att...1&d=1582682386
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 0F0A893C-CB64-4909-81C3-D2B3BACC1F8D.jpeg (64.2 KB, 38 views)
Jackie S is offline   Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 08:51 PM   #5
friendly fred
Valued Poster

Encounters: 5

While I think that stress can create conditions where people eat for comfort and that can contribute to obesity, everyone has to make the choice not to be a fat disgusting slob who eats shitty food.
friendly fred is offline   Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 07:19 AM   #6
Chung Tran
BANNED

Encounters: 288

Quote:
Originally Posted by friendly fred View Post
While I think that stress can create conditions where people eat for comfort and that can contribute to obesity, everyone has to make the choice not to be a fat disgusting slob who eats shitty food.
this!

but judging from some of my choices of women to lay down with, the Black Female obesity problem seems of little concern to me
Chung Tran is offline   Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 07:34 AM   #7
rexdutchman
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22

Yup Big-T is to BLAME for everything,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,idoicy at work
rexdutchman is offline   Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 09:19 PM   #8
friendly fred
Valued Poster

Encounters: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chung Tran View Post
this!

but judging from some of my choices of women to lay down with, the Black Female obesity problem seems of little concern to me
The more guys who like non skinny girls, the more skinny girls for me!
friendly fred is offline   Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 12:27 AM   #9
dilbert firestorm
Premium Access

Encounters: 4

the article is lame.

the writer deserves a bitch-slap.

dilbert firestorm is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women