Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
test
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 262
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70696
biomed162434
Yssup Rider60272
gman4453222
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48406
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41328
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35745
Mojojo33117

Old 02-09-2020, 07:49 PM   #16
Jackie S
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

In strictly “New Manufacturing” there is a predominance of automation.

But that is just one portion.

What about the secondary market. Ever been to a large Diesel Engine rebuild facility. It is vastly hands on work, requiring a skilled technician or craftsman to perform the task on hand. These are very well paying jobs.

Go to road construction crews, housing developments, fabrication shops, shipyards, oil fields, offshore platforms, every form of transportation from trucking to barge lines, etc, these all require skilled people to make things work.

The problem is there are 300+ million Americans, and only so many good jobs that require a skilled person.

I am not about to vote for some shitbag Democrat just because President Trump can't Bring back as many jobs as we need. I will settle got some good as opposed to what the likes of Betnie Sanders has to offer.
Jackie S is offline   Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 07:53 PM   #17
kehaar
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie S View Post
In strictly “New Manufacturing” there is a predominance of automation.

But that is just one portion.

What about the secondary market. Ever been to a large Diesel Engine rebuild facility. It is vastly hands on work, requiring a skilled technician or craftsman to perform the task on hand. These are very well paying jobs.

Go to road construction crews, housing developments, fabrication shops, shipyards, oil fields, offshore platforms, every form of transportation from trucking to barge lines, etc, these all require skilled people to make things work.

The problem is there are 300+ million Americans, and only so many good jobs that require a skilled person.

I am not about to vote for some shitbag Democrat just because President Trump can't Bring back as many jobs as we need. I will settle got some good as opposed to what the likes of Betnie Sanders has to offer.

That is exactly correct, and bringing back the "New Manufacturing" inevitably brings back all the service jobs that go with it. Note that everything you consider the secondary market is not considered manufacturing, but services.

Sanders, Warren, Buttigeg, etal, along with leftwing fascist thugs on here are incapable of understanding such simple things.

Believe me, there is a shortage of people willing to take responsibility(skilled labor) at work. Any unskilled laborer (without a felony) with a modicum of effort can boost themself up to the skilled pool. It simply means taking responsibility, and demonstrating you can do it over time.
kehaar is offline   Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 08:23 PM   #18
Levianon17
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by eccieuser9500 View Post
This prez has made so many at the top rich enough to not have to look for work.

The Rich never think about being Poor and Poor people always think about being Rich. So if you can't advance to the top of the income ladder it's your fault no one else.
Levianon17 is offline   Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 08:43 PM   #19
friendly fred
Valued Poster

Encounters: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
Successful companies will always use automation to their advantage, as they should.

The most productive worker will not out produce a machine.

I thought you'd know that.

Trump was the one promising to bring back those jobs. Not me...or Hillary for that matter. She partly got beat because she didn't try and pander.

My point was that in SWING STATES where that promise was made by Trump, it could hurt him in his reelection if that promise isn't kept. It does not matter what the rest of the country is doing...the SWING STATES matter in the Presidential election because of the EC.
You thought I would know that?

Obviously I did!
friendly fred is offline   Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 10:55 PM   #20
HoeHummer
BANNED

What?

I thinks the discussion is basically a matter of your definitions of manufacturing. If you think it’s strictly assembly line work, the you’re stuck in the past.

To think that Trump would be trying to bring that shit back to your country rather than planning for the future needs of the population — and yous would applaud him for it — is telling indeed.

The sooner the USeh gets its shits together, the better the rest of us will be.

Do your job boys, and we’ll do ours.
HoeHummer is offline   Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 04:50 AM   #21
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Jackie's

Trump promised to bring back manufacturing jobs.

If he does not do so in the SWING states...do you think parroting what Clinton said about new manufacturing job opportunity will help him?

Because basically your defense of Trump's lie is exactly what Clinton said about coal for instance.

Trump promised to save COAL jobs. Now I ask you is that looking forward or backwards?

But the jest of my OP was that the loss of those jobs in SWING states cou6hurt his reelection bid.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 05:39 AM   #22
Jackie S
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoeHummer View Post
What?

I thinks the discussion is basically a matter of your definitions of manufacturing. If you think it’s strictly assembly line work, the you’re stuck in the past.

To think that Trump would be trying to bring that shit back to your country rather than planning for the future needs of the population — and yous would applaud him for it — is telling indeed.

I define one phase of manufacturing as the people that make the parts that the assembly line worker installs.

Let’s take something simple . Nuts and bolts.

Literally millions are manufactured every year. How many people are actually involved in the actual ,making of the nut or bolt.

Surprisingly, not many. The process has been automated for years. Even the steel the bolts are made from is made by a process that for all general purposes is automated compared to what was done 50 years ago.

I mentioned Diesel Engine repair in another post. Yes, a skilled technician is involved in the actually disassembly and assembly of the engine, but the parts he uses are largely manufactured by automated processes. A crankshaft appears to be a rather complicated piece of the puzzle. Nowadays, the actual machining is about 95% automated. The same can be said for everything else involved in the actual rebuild.

Everybody always brings up jobs that require people to sit in a cubicle in front of a computer. These are not high paying jobs, not compared to what I pay the skilled craftsmen that I employ, which averages around $30 an hour.

There are no easy answers to jobs. The old joke that we can always flip each other’s burgers and shine each other’s shoes seems to be the answer in many peoples minds. Unfortunately, the pay for that is just a tad above slave labor.
Jackie S is offline   Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 01:48 PM   #23
friendly fred
Valued Poster

Encounters: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoeHummer View Post
What?

You boys don't need to worry about us doing our job.

Go back to protesting the oil sands.
friendly fred is offline   Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 05:56 PM   #24
Lucas McCain
Valued Poster

I realize this topic is about manufacturing labor, but it's a lot more than just that. My job has nothing to do with manufacturing.

I have a pretty large team working under me and I cut that team in half about a year ago. With the advanced technology readily available, I replaced them with RPA. Why? There is no human error, there are no more emails asking me stupid questions and more importantly to me, I no longer have to waste my fucking time with quarterly employee reviews for the people I had reassigned. The robot doesn't email me, does a perfect job for me and leaves me alone. That's my kind of excellent employee.

My point is that if your job can be replaced by a bot in any profession, you are kind of just fucked because they are cheaper than you and much more efficient than you. Claiming to bring those jobs back here is irrelevant if a bot can do it.
Lucas McCain is offline   Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 03:39 AM   #25
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehaar View Post
Trump is bringing high value manufacturing jobs back to this country. More importantly, Trump is bringing back high value manufacturing to this country.
WTF has no clue ....

... he hears some bullshit propaganda and leaps on it. Name a subject: That's his MO.

See you all next weekend! I'm working.
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 11:40 AM   #26
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusLover View Post
WTF has no clue ....

... he hears some bullshit propaganda and leaps on it. Name a subject: That's his MO.

How much actual work do you put in greeting customers at Walmart?
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 03:36 PM   #27
HoeHummer
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusLover View Post
WTF has no clue ....

Yous got basement duty again down at the Medicare office?
HoeHummer is offline   Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 03:22 PM   #28
nevergaveitathought
Valued Poster

the trade war, you incomplete thinker, had a big impact on manufacturing

now that that's been settled, at least phase one, its on the upswing

a trade war in which trump was the initiator and was a virtuoso in its winning

same thing effected the lower gdp than what would have been
nevergaveitathought is offline   Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 04:39 PM   #29
The_Waco_Kid
AKA ULTRA MAGA Gurl

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought View Post
the trade war, you incomplete thinker, had a big impact on manufacturing

now that that's been settled, at least phase one, its on the upswing

a trade war in which trump was the initiator and was a virtuoso in its winning

same thing effected the lower gdp than what would have been

exactly. Trump's goal was always the long term. that there were going to be some short term losses should be obvious even to laymen in economics. what's that old adage .. "win the battle but lose the war"? .. Trump would rather win the war and losing a few battles short term is just part of the big picture.

a classic example is farmers. notice how the left has tried to show that farmers have now turned against Trump? i posted an article where some libtard actually claimed .. seriously i presume .. that Trump was LITERALLY causing farmers to commit suicide. bahhaaa bullshit! most farmers and any others in manufacturing know or should know that there were going to be short term negative impacts until Trump brought the offenders to heel. why? because these other nations know they have been getting the better of the US for decades and didn't want to give up their unfair practices. can't really blame them for that yeah? i wouldn't if i were them. but Trump used the leverage of the US economic might and what it means to the rest of the world to force them into renegotiating and guess what? they all caved in quickly after some initial bluff and bluster .. because they all knew this was a war they couldn't win. Mexico and Canada caved in very quickly. to no one's surprise China held out the hardest .. and why not since they are the biggest offender of them all. but they also happen to be the most dependent of all on US trade. their economy is a propped up house of cards and they know it. So does Trump.

as long as Trump had the willpower to stay the course and not be swayed by the short term negative impact he knew he'd win in the end. and he did. phase one with China is a start. there will be more work to do but the important thing is that Trump got them to play fair at all where in the past they never would have with pussies like Obama who wouldn't do more than make speeches condemning such unfair trade without backing it up with real trade sanctions that forced them to come to the table for the first time on this issue.

now back to those farmers that are jumping off cliffs over Evil Lord Trump. farmers have been yelling about unfair trade for decades. and they've been propped up by Gov subsidies for decades. to blame Trump on new subsidies during the short term of redoing trade as if there never had been such subsidies before is revisionist history at it best and a classic example of the media desperately trying to paint Trump in a negative light. in about 15-20 years when it's very possible farm subsidies will be vastly reduced (cutting Gov expenditures by billions) or even eliminated altogether. what will those farmers be saying about this then? they'll all be hailing Trump for what he had the balls to do for them. and their kids will too since they'll actually have a successful farm to take over that makes more profit and without the Gov dole-out of subsidies. if any of them are literally committing suicide then it'll simply be because they are nutcases.
The_Waco_Kid is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women