Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Austin > The Sandbox - Austin
The Sandbox - Austin The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 272
George Spelvin 257
sharkman29 254
Top Posters
DallasRain70613
biomed161960
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453166
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling48222
pyramider46370
bambino41212
CryptKicker37151
Mokoa36489
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 08-06-2019, 10:39 AM   #31
DulcetTones
Registered Member

Encounters: 2

While I am certain the number of "types of guns" is a finite one, the answer is most certainly in the millions. Depending on how general you want to be, pistol, rifle, shotgun are the three predominant categories.
DulcetTones is offline   Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 12:59 PM   #32
SpeedRacerXXX
Premium Access

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin Ellen View Post
Are you are talking about "police power" or the Federal government? I'm talking about the federal government - not the states. Yes, individual states can regulate guns.
"The Court ruled that the Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution confers an individual right to possess a firearm for traditionally lawful purposes such as self-defense. ... In cases in the 19th Century, the Supreme Court ruled that the Second Amendment does not bar state regulation of firearms.Jun 26, 2015"
The federal government does little in the way of gun control. As I said, they, for the most part, have delegated the right to impose gun control laws to the states.

If Congress decided today to ban semi-automatic guns they could do so without rewriting the Constitution. If you remember, a Federal Assault Weapons Ban was in affect from 1994-2004.

The Public Safety and Recreational Firearms Act was enacted as part of the Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act of 1994. The prohibitions expired on September 13, 2004.

The Act prohibited the manufacture, transfer, or possession of "semiautomatic assault weapons," as defined by the Act. "Weapons banned were identified either by specific make or model (including copies or duplicates thereof, in any caliber), or by specific characteristics that slightly varied according to whether the weapon was a pistol, rifle, or shotgun" (see below). The Act also prohibited the manufacture of "large capacity ammunition feeding devices" (LCAFDs) except for sale to government, law enforcement or military, though magazines made before the effective date ("pre-ban" magazines) were legal to possess & transfer. An LCAFD was defined as "any magazine, belt, drum, feed strip, or similar device manufactured after the date [of the act] that has the capacity of, or that can be readily restored or converted to accept, more than 10 rounds of ammunition"

Yes, the Supreme Court ruled that individuals have the right to possess firearms. They have also said those rights are not absolute.

Justice Antonin Scalia, states: “Like most rights, the right secured by the Second Amendment is not unlimited…”. It is “…not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose.”
SpeedRacerXXX is offline   Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 02:39 PM   #33
Austin Ellen
Account Disabled

User ID: 248809
My ECCIE Reviews

Ok yes I understand. Got it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX View Post
The federal government does little in the way of gun control. As I said, they, for the most part, have delegated the right to impose gun control laws to the states.

If Congress decided today to ban semi-automatic guns they could do so without rewriting the Constitution. If you remember, a Federal Assault Weapons Ban was in affect from 1994-2004.

The Public Safety and Recreational Firearms Act was enacted as part of the Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act of 1994. The prohibitions expired on September 13, 2004.

The Act prohibited the manufacture, transfer, or possession of "semiautomatic assault weapons," as defined by the Act. "Weapons banned were identified either by specific make or model (including copies or duplicates thereof, in any caliber), or by specific characteristics that slightly varied according to whether the weapon was a pistol, rifle, or shotgun" (see below). The Act also prohibited the manufacture of "large capacity ammunition feeding devices" (LCAFDs) except for sale to government, law enforcement or military, though magazines made before the effective date ("pre-ban" magazines) were legal to possess & transfer. An LCAFD was defined as "any magazine, belt, drum, feed strip, or similar device manufactured after the date [of the act] that has the capacity of, or that can be readily restored or converted to accept, more than 10 rounds of ammunition"

Yes, the Supreme Court ruled that individuals have the right to possess firearms. They have also said those rights are not absolute.

Justice Antonin Scalia, states: “Like most rights, the right secured by the Second Amendment is not unlimited…”. It is “…not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose.”
Austin Ellen is offline   Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 04:02 PM   #34
Why_Yes_I_Do
BANNED

Encounters: 14
Default Must have misread something there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX View Post
For the most part, the Federal government has delegated the authority to enact gun control legislation to the states.

Thought it was a basic premise of the Constitution that the powers not specifically granted to the Federal were reserved to the States or the people.
Why_Yes_I_Do is offline   Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 04:06 PM   #35
Why_Yes_I_Do
BANNED

Default 3 days

Quote:
Originally Posted by supercold1 View Post
Wait times are essentially at the gun seller's discretion. The way the laws are written, anybody can sell any gun to any person at anytime, and it's totally legal.

Not true or even close. Wait time is up to three business days, as prescribed in Federal law and are given the go ahead from them. Typically zero days if you are a registered concealed carry holder already.
Old 08-06-2019, 04:13 PM   #36
Why_Yes_I_Do
BANNED

Default You didn't even read it. Gheeze!

Quote:
Originally Posted by supercold1 View Post
No, you don't. Wait times are essentially at the gun seller's discretion. The way the laws are written, anybody can sell any gun to any person at anytime, and it's totally legal. Some call it the "gun show loophole", but a more accurate term would be "gun sale loophole". Also, look up what is legally defined as an "assault rifle" or "assault weapon" in nearly every state. It's a rifled, semi-automatic weapon. Some also include SMGs, some kinds of handguns and shotguns, in that classification. Gun nuts are full of lies and misinformation to protect their toys and push their massacre agenda. You don;t like the name for what it is, because it sounds bad. Well, that's because it is. Also, Trump revoked Obama-Era background checks for people with mental illness, and now he's trying to blame mental illness, so conservatives can't lean on that excuse anymore. https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...mental-n727221 Republicans just don't care, they just want gun-lobby money and a populace that lives in fear.

I can't even bother with your drivel on what a gun is or is not. But you should at least have read the article you posted. It was about people on Social Security who have other people manage their finances. I do not think we are under potential invasion or danger from people on Social Security, now or ever.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women