Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > New York > Upstate New York > The Sandbox - Upstate New York
test
The Sandbox - Upstate New York The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 395
Harley Diablo 377
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 277
George Spelvin 265
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70762
biomed163017
Yssup Rider60654
gman4453276
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48588
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino42279
CryptKicker37201
The_Waco_Kid36734
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 02-23-2011, 08:09 PM   #16
jackfengshui
Backbencher

Encounters: 1
Default Boston Trivia Quiz

1. How many lanterns were hung on top of Old North Church on the night of Paul Revere’s ride in 1775?
  2. In which Boston neighborhood does John Kerry live?
  3. What was MIT popularly known as when it began in Boston’s Back Bay?
  4. Which Boston restaurant is famous for its Boston baked beans and strawberry shortcake?
  5. Which Boston museum was the victim of the biggest unsolved art theft in U.S. history?
  6. After the skyscraper Hancock Place was built, its giant windowpanes started popping out. Which renowned architect designed it?
  7. Which mayor of Boston is honored with two statues near Faneuil Hall despite having gone to jail twice?
  8. Which Red Sox player is the last winner of the batting triple crown in major-league baseball?
  9. Who is the Celtics all-time leader in points and games played?
  10. Bruins icon Bobby Orr was the youngest person ever inducted into the Hockey Hall of Fame. How old was he when he was enshrined in 1979?
  11. How long was Arthur Fiedler’s tenure as conductor of the Boston Pops?
  12. Harvard Bridge across the Charles River has markings indicating that it is 364.4 smoots long. What is a smoot?
I will post the answers tomorrow.
jackfengshui is offline   Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 06:20 AM   #17
elghund
Valued Poster

Encounters: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by m2244 View Post
I am hoping to visit all the Boston places listed I've been having a lot of fun at Harvard lol......I've been stuck in an off city though for a few days
Mary,

If you get a chance, head north, up to Essex (near Gloucester), and go to Woodman's...a great seaside seafood joint....

elg.....
elghund is offline   Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 07:10 AM   #18
jimxbeam
Premium Access

Encounters: 88

I'll be serious now.

The hilltop villages of Umbria and Tuscany are among my favorite places. The university town of Perugia in particular is a place where I have spent quite a bit of time over the past 20 years.
jimxbeam is offline   Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 08:10 AM   #19
jackfengshui
Backbencher

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimxbeam View Post
The hilltop villages of Umbria and Tuscany are among my favorite places.
My favorite Tuscany hill-town is Volterra.
Old 02-24-2011, 08:23 AM   #20
Laker
Per LAP Having Fun!

Encounters: 18

Jack

When you going to post the answers to your pop quiz? I got a few had to google most though!! How about a bonus question on how the Bull and Finch Pub gained fame and became one of the most asked for tourist destinations, to the chagrin of several local tour guides? :-)
Laker is offline   Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 08:27 AM   #21
jackfengshui
Backbencher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laker View Post
Jack When you going to post the answers to your pop quiz?
Probably later today.
Old 02-24-2011, 10:27 AM   #22
montana1958
Valued Poster

Encounters: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perryay View Post
Laker - I have to agree about the Grand Canyon and PCH - how about the 17 Mile Drive around Pebble Beach? Absolutely awesome!

You are so right about Pebble Beach. One of the most beautiful/scenic golf courses I ever played. Just amazing. Hawaii is not bad either.

And Mary if you like Italian try Terramia. It's a small place but fantastic food.
montana1958 is offline   Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 01:26 PM   #23
jackfengshui
Backbencher

Default Answers to the Boston Trivia Quiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackfengshui View Post
  1. How many lanterns were hung on top of Old North Church on the night of Paul Revere’s ride in 1775?
  2. In which Boston neighborhood does John Kerry live?
  3. What was MIT popularly known as when it began in Boston’s Back Bay?
  4. Which Boston restaurant is famous for its Boston baked beans and strawberry shortcake?
  5. Which Boston museum was the victim of the biggest unsolved art theft in U.S. history?
  6. After the skyscraper Hancock Place was built, its giant windowpanes started popping out. Which renowned architect designed it?
  7. Which mayor of Boston is honored with two statues near Faneuil Hall despite having gone to jail twice?
  8. Which Red Sox player is the last winner of the batting triple crown in major-league baseball?
  9. Who is the Celtics all-time leader in points and games played?
  10. Bruins icon Bobby Orr was the youngest person ever inducted into the Hockey Hall of Fame. How old was he when he was enshrined in 1979?
  11. How long was Arthur Fiedler’s tenure as conductor of the Boston Pops?
  12. Harvard Bridge across the Charles River has markings indicating that it is 364.4 smoots long. What is a smoot?
Answers:
  1. Two
  2. Beacon Hill
  3. Boston Tech
  4. Durgin-Park
  5. Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum
  6. I. M. Pei
  7. James Michael Curley
  8. Carl Yastrzemski, in 1967, the "Impossible Dream" year when the Red Sox went to the World Series (but lost to the Cardinals) after finishing 9th the previous year.
  9. John Havlicek, a Hall-of-Famer who amazingly was not even a regular starter during most of his career. He is generally considered the greatest "sixth man" in basketball.
  10. 31
  11. 50 years (1930-1980)
  12. 170 cm, the body length of Oliver Smoot, a 1958 MIT freshman.
Old 02-24-2011, 01:47 PM   #24
Laker
Per LAP Having Fun!

Jack, I could only answer three without Googling, 1 8 and 9. I did enjoy #11 during his tenure, and # 12 I looked up due to a personal reason :-)

Mary, hope we didn't steal your thread too bad ;-) Check out the Barking Crab if it is still there?
Laker is offline   Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 05:06 PM   #25
Tiger
title: for rent

Encounters: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by m2244 View Post
what is the best place you have ever visited and why???*
Since the weather has been cold and snowy -Martinique comes to mind as a nice warm and tropical place to relax. A good couple hours with the fav. is never a bad place either!

Natural destinations that are also nice:
Crater Lake
Yosemite
Grand Teton
the Shenandoah Valley in the spring
Tiger is offline   Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 07:03 PM   #26
m2244
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 23089
My ECCIE Reviews

LAKER, no worries im enjoying all the good info.

jack, just so you know you had me looking things up for hours LOL

erica, i hear i need to make my way there im planning on it.......

so much to do so little time UGH

miss you guys in upstate too though
m2244 is offline   Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 01:46 AM   #27
offshoredrilling
Valued Poster

Encounters: 36

I still rather be at wakely mt. But getting a outcall to my not be easy.
offshoredrilling is offline   Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 07:31 AM   #28
Laker
Per LAP Having Fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by offshoredrilling View Post
I still rather be at wakely mt. But getting a outcall to my not be easy.
OSD, you would have to have your date hike in with you!!

Mary, Eat, Drink and be Merry!!!!
Laker is offline   Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 09:47 AM   #29
Kathmandu
Valued Poster

Encounters: 28

Back in the late 80's I was in Switzerland and took the cog wheel steam train up Mount Rigi, ate a meal at the top of the mountain, viewed the Alps in the distance, looked down at Lake Lucerne from a mile up and then took the gondola ride back down. It was a clear sunny day that will be forever etched in my mind! The attached video starts off a bit slow but towards the middle shows the wonders of the Mt. Rigi!

http://muvihd.ch/rigi_e/sommer/sommer.php

Kathmandu
Kathmandu is offline   Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 10:17 AM   #30
offshoredrilling
Valued Poster

Encounters: 36

The first 1.1 miles of the trail is really a woods road with excellent footing. I was able to cover this section in less than 20 minutes. You then cross a nice stream and walk comfortably for another 0.8 miles to a beaver pond that can be viewed to some extent by following a side trail or old overgrown woods road to the left. After you leave this place, the second part of the hike begins and the character of the trail changes dramatically. The footing is not as good, and the trail begins a steady fairly steep ascent of about 1200 feet in the next 1.1 miles.
form http://www.adk.org/explore_park/Wakely_Mtn.aspx

But would be fun doing it at the top of the fire tower. Its a very tall tower. Tallest in NY. Its a hard walk. Been there 4 times. In summer it gets about 4 visitors a day. With more than half never making it. No rock face. So you have to do the tower to get above the black fly's. Most of the time its not used. But when it is maned. Its the only tower where I got to go in the lookout at the top. Ranger lonely and needs some one to talk to. Its got a chopper pad near it, and a cabin. Stay for two weeks. walk down. get supply's. Go to bar get drunk. Get drop off for two weeks. start over. That's what I was told of life working the tower. If you go up. He will ask if you will take some of the trash down with you. So he has less of a load to take down himself. So I am sure the only way to get a provider up there with you would be by the chopper. But its does not really land. Pad is wood and in bad shape. Hovers over and you jump, then supply's dropped. So that a one way trip. Then she would kill you when she hears of the long walk to get out. About 12 miles to Indian lake. Take a wrong turn on the dirt road. Its a very long walk to Inlet, threw Moose River Plains .
Highest peak with a fire tower and cabin. in NY.
offshoredrilling is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women