Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh > Coed Discussions - Pittsburgh
test
Coed Discussions - Pittsburgh Both male and female members can mingle and interact here. Let's keep these discussions on-topic, thought-provoking, and more importantly...entertaining!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 262
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70680
biomed162376
Yssup Rider60215
gman4453217
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48392
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41262
CryptKicker37178
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35649
Mojojo33117

Old 05-10-2019, 09:51 AM   #1
Charley3
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2
Default HIV Prevention drug

There is a lot of buzz about the HIV prevention drug Truvada for PrEP.
Does anyone have any experience with this drug,? I'm wondering if this is something that is available over the web and if it can be used sporadically.
Seems like a good (and actually beneficial) discussion for this board for a change.
Charley3 is online now   Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 02:10 PM   #2
1pittsburgh
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

I know a few gay guys that have taken it successfully, but keep in mind it doesn't prevent other STD.

I don't think you can use it sporadically. According to their website, "do not miss any doses of TRUVADA. Missing doses may increase your risk of getting HIV-1 infection"

Here's a bunch of info from their website:
https://www.truvada.com/?utm_medium=...E&gclsrc=aw.ds
1pittsburgh is offline   Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 02:41 PM   #3
Devo
Valued Poster

I have a good friend who works at the Burgh Aids Taskforce, and we discussed this, as well as the pretty much proven fact that HIV won't transfer via oral sex.

Prep is very popular in the gay community, and I get the feeling they are attempting to get any gay or bi men who are active sexually to start the regimen.

Further, I have read of "Cured" patients who have levels of the virus so low, that they can't pass it along to another person.

I personally think its extreme for the occasional hobbyist especially if you do CFS only.

You could probably do as much to avoid HIV by choosing carefully what demographic of person you patronize, as some groups have much higher rates than others.
Devo is offline   Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 05:44 AM   #4
Gabrielle
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 36580
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devo View Post
I have a good friend who works at the Burgh Aids Taskforce

You could probably do as much to avoid HIV by choosing carefully what demographic of person you patronize, as some groups have much higher rates than others.
Perhaps your friend could educate you on this last statement you made? Just ewww.

YOU are responsible for your safety. Wrap it and you won't have to worry much. Don't blame other demographics. Stigma kills.
Gabrielle is offline   Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 08:16 AM   #5
Molly Daniels
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 129390
Location: Cincinnati (home) Pittsburgh, Columbus, Cleveland (tour)
My ECCIE Reviews

https://www.rollingstone.com/culture...a-2020-833013/

It goes generic next year (one year early) - but only one company (Teva ) gets to make it, so I wouldn't expect the price will drop much.

You have to take it for at least a week for it to be effective. Also you have to have kidney tests every 3 months - because that Truvada can wreak havoc on your kidneys.
Molly Daniels is offline   Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 09:37 AM   #6
tannana
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

Quote:
I have a good friend who works at the Burgh Aids Taskforce, and we discussed this, as well as the pretty much proven fact that HIV won't transfer via oral sex.

It's a shame they aren't telling people the actual truth, then.

It's a lower risk than other forms of sexual activity. The risk is nonzero.

Quote:
Prep is very popular in the gay community, and I get the feeling they are attempting to get any gay or bi men who are active sexually to start the regimen.

Further, I have read of "Cured" patients who have levels of the virus so low, that they can't pass it along to another person.

I personally think its extreme for the occasional hobbyist especially if you do CFS only.

The "demographic" myth is a problem, because you may be banging around with someone who doesn't fit your "demographic" analysis who is banging around with someone who does.

There are tons of folks with viral loads low enough to not transmit HIV. To achieve that probably means years of HAART. That means side effects like lactic acidosis, myopathy, suicidal ideation, elevated glycerides and heart attack risk, and all manner of kidney ailments. It can cost thousands of dollars a month. Yeah, you can live with HIV if you have money, are in pretty good health, and are willing to make lifestyle changes forever.

The gay community has taken to it because the risk of HIV transmission from anal sex is relatively high.

If I provided or hobbied daily? I'd think about it. I'm willing to live with my current risk profile, but I don't try to delude myself on what the latter means.
tannana is offline   Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 01:11 PM   #7
1pittsburgh
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrielle View Post
Perhaps your friend could educate you on this last statement you made? Just ewww.

YOU are responsible for your safety. Wrap it and you won't have to worry much. Don't blame other demographics. Stigma kills.
There's nothing wrong with the last statement he made. It's the truth. Some demographics are more likely to have it. Particularly (prohibited topic) are more likely to have it, and many of those (prohibited topic) work in this field and offer cheap appointments and even BBFS.

Tannana, it's not a myth. It's the truth. Statistically, a (prohibited topic) is more likely to have it than many other demographics. "Someone who doesn't fit your "demographic" analysis who is banging around with someone who does," could either be a statistical outlier, or you could make a demographic category for people who "bang around with someone who (prohibited topic)," which would be another risky demographic, but probably not as risky as the ones actually (prohibited topic).
Old 05-12-2019, 01:58 PM   #8
tannana
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1pittsburgh View Post
Tannana, it's not a myth. It's the truth. Statistically, a (prohibited topic) is more likely to have it than many other demographics. "Someone who doesn't fit your "demographic" analysis who is banging around with someone who does," could either be a statistical outlier, or you could make a demographic category for people who "bang around with someone who (prohibited topic)," which would be another risky demographic, but probably not as risky as the ones actually (prohibited topic).

"you could probably do as much to avoid HIV by choosing carefully what demographic of person you patronize, as some groups have much higher rates than others." remains a myth. Because, particularly in the hobby, you have no clue what the rest of the set containing "provider I just banged" looks like.

I don't take issue with the notions that some groups are statistically more likely to have HIV than others. I am suggesting merely that the idea of avoiding 1st degree exposure to those groups won't "do as much to avoid HIV risk" as "CFS only."
tannana is offline   Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 08:10 PM   #9
1pittsburgh
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by tannana View Post
"you could probably do as much to avoid HIV by choosing carefully what demographic of person you patronize, as some groups have much higher rates than others." remains a myth. Because, particularly in the hobby, you have no clue what the rest of the set containing "provider I just banged" looks like.

I don't take issue with the notions that some groups are statistically more likely to have HIV than others. I am suggesting merely that the idea of avoiding 1st degree exposure to those groups won't "do as much to avoid HIV risk" as "CFS only."
Fair enough.
Old 05-13-2019, 03:48 AM   #10
Gabrielle
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 36580
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Here's a demographic for you...

Since I returned, 2 ish years ago, the vast majority of guys who tried to bare back me are mostly white, middle to late aged men.

So...make sure you count that demographic in your calculations.

White middle to late aged MEN.

(Note, I didn't say "forbidden topic".)

Don't even get me started on all the grody gals out there bb'ing your nasty cocks for dinner? Silly girls. We're gonna have to teach them their value.
Gabrielle is offline   Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 10:10 AM   #11
sexymaid_69
Account Disabled

User ID: 3741
My ECCIE Reviews

I read a remark when I started in this that sticks with me still.

"Think of everyone the same, cover it up and you'll reduce the risks for you both."

And think about it.
Your "ideal demographic" may have recently been to the wild side of life. As much as some folks hobby they could be unaware for a while.
sexymaid_69 is offline   Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 10:42 AM   #12
1pittsburgh
Valued Poster

Quote:
Here's a demographic for you...

Since I returned, 2 ish years ago, the vast majority of guys who tried to bare back me are mostly white, middle to late aged men.

So...make sure you count that demographic in your calculations.

White middle to late aged MEN.

(Note, I didn't say "forbidden topic".)

Don't even get me started on all the grody gals out there bb'ing your nasty cocks for dinner? Silly girls. We're gonna have to teach them their value.
Men (of any age) who have bareback vaginal sex with a bunch of different partners is certainly an at risk demographic. Probably not as at risk as (prohibited topic), but still definitely at risk.

Sexymaid, I agree. Other than abstinence or manogamy, strapping it up is the next safest thing.
Old 05-17-2019, 06:50 PM   #13
Devo
Valued Poster

Quote:

I knew that would trigger someone.

You just can't accept the facts can you?
Devo is offline   Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 07:18 AM   #14
MorganOBM
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 481963
My ECCIE Reviews

Speaking of demographics, most sexually active civy girls that date regularly that I know personally have unprotected sex with more people in a few months than I have in 10 years. Bar finds are a subset of the population that scare me to death.

I've been in the hobby a long time and have got to know many providers personally. Even the hottest, healthiest looking and professional chics can cover up terrible "prohibited subjects". I'll still take the risk of providers over single girls trying to land a baby daddy any day of the week.......
MorganOBM is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women