Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Other US Hotspots > Iowa > The Sandbox - Iowa
test
The Sandbox - Iowa The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 261
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70680
biomed162376
Yssup Rider60210
gman4453216
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48391
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41259
CryptKicker37178
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 11-27-2017, 05:10 PM   #1
Jam3768
BANNED

Encounters: 36
Default Yesssss

Woo Hoo!!! The Clones just signed Matt Campbell to a 6 year extension. It is worth 22.5 million smackers. Take that Squawkeye and Shucker fans
Jam3768 is offline   Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 05:30 PM   #2
livn2do
Premium Access

Encounters: 110

Hopefully, it includes clock management courses.
livn2do is offline   Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 05:41 PM   #3
Jam3768
BANNED

Lol. Yes. But when you are a Cyclone fan you take what you can get.
Old 11-27-2017, 05:50 PM   #4
Nonyabiz
Valued Poster

Encounters: 35

Nothing like paying north of 3 million a year for 7 wins in a seaons. Oh, wait....
Signed, Hawkeye fan with Ferentz fatigue.
Nonyabiz is offline   Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 06:11 PM   #5
Jam3768
BANNED

The Shuckers are going to pay more than that next year to keep their last 2 coaches out of Lincoln
Old 11-27-2017, 07:00 PM   #6
finman56
Valued Poster

Encounters: 21

Although a Hawkeye fan, this is good news for ISU. I even like ISU as long as they are not playing Iowa, Texas, or TCU.
finman56 is offline   Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 07:35 PM   #7
Whynothelp
Gaining Momentum

Quote:
Originally Posted by livn2do View Post
Hopefully, it includes clock management courses.
Good grief. Second season and program moving in right direction. The five losses are a total of less than five points. This notion posted is nonsensical.
Whynothelp is offline   Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 04:19 PM   #8
normalguy21
Valued Poster

Encounters: 29

Having a back ground and currently working in education last spring I personally took 24 students through admissions at 11 different college's in a week long period.

From Notre dame to prude to Isu to Iowa etc etc .

The one fucking program they don't offer at any university anywhere and also I might add I point this out to them is to become a head football coach

The last rant I went on about this shit was in the admissions office at Notre dame and then Iowa

The president of the university gets 500.000 a year and the head coach gets 6 million and it's the best job at the school but you can't teach it can you .
I have yet to get a rebuttal.

All the students I get are 4.0 academic very wealthy foreign students whom have no idea why I get so pissed off a neither do I.

Carry on .....
normalguy21 is offline   Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 04:45 PM   #9
Golfer1
Valued Poster

Iowa is a small state to recruit interior linemen, linebackers etc. This impacts Iowa if he continues to be successful.

ISU has finally done what I've been wondering about for years. Attempt to rush the football, and play defense in the B12. Shocking. They tried it. It seems to work.

Part of their loss was on execution, but make no mistake, the clock management at the end of the game isn't what you expect from someone of MC caliber.

Head football coaches in at colleges generate revenue, So does the head of a teaching Hospital and to a lesser extent a law school. After that, the President is essentially a fundraiser, and he makes a good salary for this function as most colleges.

Where it gets interesting is when, and as an example, the University of Iowa claims the athletic department nets very little, or actually loses money. Except all the academics are in favor of Title IX. And except at the U of I, the athletic department pays back the university for all non endowed athletic scholarships, pays back the hospital for parking, pays back the university for housing ad infinitium...

If I accounted like this for my business I would find myself in front of a federal judge. It's not like I can borrow from myself, and claim this as an interest expense. They can.

It's purely economics and market driven as much as anything can be without the big hand of government intervening.

Has anyone taken a look at the salaries tenured professor demand?

I have an idea, let's pay these professors what they are worth. Meaning what revenue do they generate, and what is the private sector market rate. Let's do this out of tuition, and let's take away the funds the athletic department provides, as well as charge a fair amount for the intangible intellectual property they proved, such as goodwill and free advertising.

I'm guessing they will still bitch about the head football coach's salary, but I'm also guessing they are still going to have their entitled, academic hands out for the revenue generated, that they are the beneficiary of, and benefit from. Probably go on MSNBC, and have a long, enlightened interview about the evil of athletic.

Of course it's evil, becuase someone wins, and someone loses. That's not really the way some academics view things. Now their ex-students, when they get out in the real world, most learn otherwise. They learn guys like me took great risk with capital, and guys like me, due to market forces not only sign my own paycheck, but their paycheck. And their paycheck is based on market forces. So is mine.

One team in football wins, one team loses. Just as in life. And team sports teach valuable life lessons.

Or I could be completely wrong. But I know what I pay myself, and I know what I pay my employees, so my experience says otherwise. And in a free market system, when academics and other enlightened people leave it alone, everyone wins to some degree. Some just win bigger. And there are also losers. And largely it is due to their own decisions and consequences. Some exceptions to this of course. No one advocates for mentally or physical disadvantaged persons to not have a safety net. Mostly paid for by evil rich people.

Life probably seems unfair. I suspect it is exactly the opposite.

Back to football, I went through the number of seniors at both Iowa and ISU. IOwa plays ISU early next year. With three new linebackers. ISU can win that game. Not sure if it was played later in the year, but the game is played when it is played, and that is also fair. Even if Iowa loses. Both teams learn valuable life lessons, and maybe Iowa State donors won't like winning as much if it gets to the point where they have to donate 10K to sit and park where I do at Iowa.

You keep winning at ISU,and I assure you, it is coming. And then you'll understand why Iowa fans such as myself get pissed whe we are 7-5. But you'll grow accustomed to it.
Golfer1 is offline   Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 05:55 PM   #10
normalguy21
Valued Poster

Encounters: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfer1 View Post
Iowa is a small state to recruit interior linemen, linebackers etc. This impacts Iowa if he continues to be successful.

ISU has finally done what I've been wondering about for years. Attempt to rush the football, and play defense in the B12. Shocking. They tried it. It seems to work.

Part of their loss was on execution, but make no mistake, the clock management at the end of the game isn't what you expect from someone of MC caliber.

Head football coaches in at colleges generate revenue, So does the head of a teaching Hospital and to a lesser extent a law school. After that, the President is essentially a fundraiser, and he makes a good salary for this function as most colleges.

Where it gets interesting is when, and as an example, the University of Iowa claims the athletic department nets very little, or actually loses money. Except all the academics are in favor of Title IX. And except at the U of I, the athletic department pays back the university for all non endowed athletic scholarships, pays back the hospital for parking, pays back the university for housing ad infinitium...

If I accounted like this for my business I would find myself in front of a federal judge. It's not like I can borrow from myself, and claim this as an interest expense. They can.

It's purely economics and market driven as much as anything can be without the big hand of government intervening.

Has anyone taken a look at the salaries tenured professor demand?

I have an idea, let's pay these professors what they are worth. Meaning what revenue do they generate, and what is the private sector market rate. Let's do this out of tuition, and let's take away the funds the athletic department provides, as well as charge a fair amount for the intangible intellectual property they proved, such as goodwill and free advertising.

I'm guessing they will still bitch about the head football coach's salary, but I'm also guessing they are still going to have their entitled, academic hands out for the revenue generated, that they are the beneficiary of, and benefit from. Probably go on MSNBC, and have a long, enlightened interview about the evil of athletic.

Of course it's evil, becuase someone wins, and someone loses. That's not really the way some academics view things. Now their ex-students, when they get out in the real world, most learn otherwise. They learn guys like me took great risk with capital, and guys like me, due to market forces not only sign my own paycheck, but their paycheck. And their paycheck is based on market forces. So is mine.

One team in football wins, one team loses. Just as in life. And team sports teach valuable life lessons.

Or I could be completely wrong. But I know what I pay myself, and I know what I pay my employees, so my experience says otherwise. And in a free market system, when academics and other enlightened people leave it alone, everyone wins to some degree. Some just win bigger. And there are also losers. And largely it is due to their own decisions and consequences. Some exceptions to this of course. No one advocates for mentally or physical disadvantaged persons to not have a safety net. Mostly paid for by evil rich people.

Life probably seems unfair. I suspect it is exactly the opposite.

Back to football, I went through the number of seniors at both Iowa and ISU. IOwa plays ISU early next year. With three new linebackers. ISU can win that game. Not sure if it was played later in the year, but the game is played when it is played, and that is also fair. Even if Iowa loses. Both teams learn valuable life lessons, and maybe Iowa State donors won't like winning as much if it gets to the point where they have to donate 10K to sit and park where I do at Iowa.

You keep winning at ISU,and I assure you, it is coming. And then you'll understand why Iowa fans such as myself get pissed whe we are 7-5. But you'll grow accustomed to it.

Well spoken well put

I think i even talked to you on the phone when i was at purde and heading to the next place a van full of hot 19 year old chinese chicks ,

Must remember to keep that life and the board apart i must.
Fuck it i dont care anymore maybe i should recruit for the dammed and defiled ?>
normalguy21 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women