Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Other US Hotspots > Arkansas > The Sandbox
test
The Sandbox The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 262
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70702
biomed162498
Yssup Rider60316
gman4453224
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48424
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41455
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35820
Mojojo33117

Old 06-14-2017, 11:56 AM   #16
BK
Valued Poster

Encounters: 16

My dad was old school , resisted any and all technology changes. He was curious about what a website was, but never got a computer. My mom is still kicking at 84 is in a retirement complex but rarely attends activities there and they have something going on everyday. As stated you can't make them do what YOU think they should be doing. If I get her and take her somewhere she wants to go home after a few hrs. Gawd I hope my kids don't try to make me do things when I reach that stage. They already think I spend too much time alone. But they don't understand I LIKE being alone.
BK is offline   Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 12:54 PM   #17
BBWDeAnna
The original BBW Milf

User ID: 221730
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Dont take the wrong way..but it seems like he may be living his life exactly how HE wants to and you are trying to overthink the situation..

He wants to sit and watch fox news..ok..he has earned it.maybe he doesnt NEED what u think he does and is doing just want he wants.has he expressed he is unhappy or wants to do more or are u assuming he should?

Sometimes doing NOTHING is doing SOMETHING to them. Instead of making him do things u think he should..just adapt to him and find ways to fit into his life..watch the news with him..sometimes saying nothing and just being there means alot..my husband would sit with his dad for hours. Sometimes 10-12hrs a day and they wouldnt say 3 words..but he was there and his dad knew it..

Point is..what u think is best and what he KNOWS us best for him seems to be the issue..

And..dont think he doesnt know that "if you were in his shoes u wouldn't want to either"..as soon as my father in law declined..we kept him involved..that way even with all his medical equipment we toted he never felt like a burden..but when he said he didnt wanna do something we listened..we stopped what we were gonna do and adapted to him that day..as I said..they have far fewer yrs left god willing than us..we give up today so they can enjoy how they wanna live

Btw..we didnt babysit..etc..he was not just part of the family he WAS thr family..so we empowered him..included him..allowed him to make his decisions. THe elderly lose alot of things as thet age and their faculties go..the right to decide how thry live and what they do shouldn't be 1 of them..

Side nite..our last 4 cruises we toted electric wheelchair...push wheelchair..oxygen machine..these giant leg sleeves that inflate to circulate his legs..hoyer lift to get him in and out of excursion...medicine...bed pan..special pillows to prop him up. And this is all for a guy that was alert..and was as normal as u and me..lol..we looked like the Beverly hillbillies pulling into cruise terminal with medical equipment strapped everywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vannah View Post
I tried to get him a Kindle awhile back and it's still sitting in the box because he says it isn't the same as a book, and I totally get that. It's like the saying goes, you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink.

I suppose half the problem is just getting him to agree to trying some activities. I've offered to pack up his wheelchair and oxygen tank to go somewhere, but he never wants to. Although if I were in his shoes, I doubt I would want to go out and paint the town red either.

I'll go to an education supply store tomorrow and try to find some interactive games to play with him. Anything beats FOX News!
BBWDeAnna is offline   Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 05:13 PM   #18
XmanVirgo
Valued Poster

Encounters: 32

Just want to second the poker post. Proven to help with mental health. Also, they can play online or join the gentlemen who has a home game.
XmanVirgo is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women