Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 388
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 268
George Spelvin 255
sharkman29 253
Top Posters
DallasRain70555
biomed161635
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453120
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling48066
pyramider46370
bambino40824
CryptKicker37138
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 04-03-2016, 06:56 AM   #1
Hobgoblin
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1
Default Self defense handguns

Been thinking, you ladies , meet a lot of different guys, and I hope most guys are pretty decent sort of gents. There remains the possibility of running across a guy that , well, lets say may not be so decent.

While I would like to know out of curiosity what you use to defend yourselves, Going to go ahead and tell you , don't say. just in case some creepo is reading this.

Instead I am going to make a recommendation assuming most of you ladies don't have guns or are not that familiar with them

I recommend a small hammerless revolver like the Smith & Wesson Model 642.

1. This is a 5 shot hand gun , 5 shots, should be enough for just about any problem you might have.

2. It is Hammerless, some times a pistol with a hammer exposed can get snagged on a pocket when you are trying to get it out. this gun will not have that problem

3. its a revolver, so it won't jam, actually revolvers can jam mechanically too, but something fairly catastrophic has to happen to them for them to do so. Like they got dropped off a building or something. or a component fails internally.which is very rare but all guns are subject to that stuff.

4. it has rubber grips. this allows for a bit more comfortable shooting but the reason I like rubber grips is they are just a little bit easier to hang on to, and that might help if someone is trying to wrestle the gun away from you.

5. Not a lot of controls to worry about. pretty much just point at bad guy and squeeze the trigger.

6 Its small .. fits in any purse you got, and will fit well into your tiny lady hands as well.

7. its 38 caliber. It doesn't have a lot of recoil . but is still lethal

8. its a revolver again. if one of your bullets doesn't work , because you got a dud or a primer went bad. because you still have the same ammo in it from 20 years ago. you don't have to clear a round to fire. you just squeeze the trigger again.

9. I think the finish of it is called brushed aluminum. long story short. it doesn't rust like a tradition Blued finish. and is fairly resistant to common wear of the finish.

10. Brand new, less than 500, probably find it for 300 used if you shop around.

They have gun courses available and most ranges , they are not real expensive, little over a hundred is probably the average. . But that really varies a lot. Still You really need to check them . they teach a lot of stuff you should learn about.

Alright that's all I have to say about that. Have a nice day.
Hobgoblin is offline   Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 10:46 AM   #2
Unique_Carpenter
Ambassador

Encounters: 89

Even though it sells nicely, it's a close range weapon only.
The sights aren't that good, I know folks that have had a dab of special paint added.
And if a gal is a smaller gal, a good gunsmith should be consulted about lightening up the trigger pull pressure.
Yes it fits a small purse. Or a garter holster. But again, a close range weapon only.
Does anyone really want an azz to get that close?
Perhaps some outfit could make lager purses.
Unique_Carpenter is offline   Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 12:37 PM   #3
MarandaMarie
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 333851
My ECCIE Reviews

Montana West makes a ton of really pretty purses with concealed carry spots, that way it doesn't get lost in your regular purse pockets. They're really big pockets too and you can't tell what they're for unless you know, and you can't tell if they're actually being used or not. It seems like I'm always going to campus at night and my taser fits in there perfectly. Luckily I've never had to use it though.
MarandaMarie is offline   Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 01:50 PM   #4
JRLawrence
Valued Poster

Encounters: 38
Default Be careful out there

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unique_Carpenter View Post
The sights aren't that good, I know folks that have had a dab of special paint added.
And if a gal is a smaller gal, a good gunsmith should be consulted about lightening up the trigger pull pressure.
Yes it fits a small purse. Or a garter holster. But again, a close range weapon only.

The S & W Airweight model of the same gun is made with lightweight titanium.

The hammerless models sell well, just for the reason you stated. I prefer mine with the exposed hammer because: one can steady the shot by manually cocking the hammer which extends the accuracy and range considerably - no longer just a close in stubnose, or the trigger can be slowly pulled to cock the hammer for a second more accurate squeeze which give a more accurate and faster shot.

I still like to pull the hammer back for the first shot.

When used with hollowpoint ammo the 38 packs a punch. It is easy to carry, and hide on your person. The S & W Airweight is my preferred weapon, most of the time.

The only problem, is has 5 shots and reloading takes time. But I usually carry this only after dark when walking from my office to my car.

I used a 45 in the military, but it is just too much to lug around. Sometimes I have to visit properties in areas that are, shall we say, touchey. At those times I add Berretta 9 mm with 17 shots and extra clips. I also usually take two guys along with me armed the something bigger. I also have a two shot 9 MM just for light weight use, as when I am at one of the shipping docks. In 40 years of work, I have only had two problems at the shipping dock and back doors.

Problems just seem to disappear when one walks with confidence. If you present yourself with confidence in those cases of trouble it is unlikely you will ever need to let anyone know that you carry. Why, because when you are confident in the face of a thug he already knows that you are probably armed.

Be safe everyone, it only takes one fool to upset you life.

JR
JRLawrence is offline   Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 06:39 PM   #5
Hobgoblin
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unique_Carpenter View Post

Well, they are likely to be in the same room with the guy when they need it, which is pretty close range.
Hobgoblin is offline   Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 01:43 AM   #6
normalguy21
Valued Poster

Encounters: 29
Smile

Good topic .

I was going to go into rambling about a few different choice,s but the OP probably has it right for most and also U.C added some great points to .

Personally though iam a fan of the 10mm and 45 cal the least being a 40 cal but with so many options out there and the energy behind some of the smaller rounds now make them a good choice to .Just as long as the person carrying it is experienced enough to use them in a safe and proper manner [Spilling the pumpkin of the alleged attacker ]
i guess is all that one could hope for.

A OSS dagger are a nice automatic blade should go hand in hand with the fire arm in my eyes also .

Hell a Tanto K-Bar

I Like Knife,s

And firearms and pussy .[ I cracked myself up there i sound like im fucking 12 ]

Yep carry

and stay safe .
normalguy21 is offline   Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 08:14 AM   #7
down4fun
Valued Poster

LCP9 or LCP.380 with lazer
down4fun is offline   Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 09:58 AM   #8
Guest010619
Account Disabled

Encounters: 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marzipop View Post
Montana West makes a ton of really pretty purses with concealed carry spots, that way it doesn't get lost in your regular purse pockets. They're really big pockets too and you can't tell what they're for unless you know, and you can't tell if they're actually being used or not. It seems like I'm always going to campus at night and my taser fits in there perfectly. Luckily I've never had to use it though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by down4fun View Post
LCP9 or LCP.380 with lazer
I carry pepper spray with me to incalls even if I trust the lady, but bad things can still happen in those notell parking lots. Especially if your confronted by a group of three or more. Tasers are fine but you have to get up close to make them usable.
Love the lasers because they only have to see the dot to back off.
I remember once however when I was at a shopping mall downtown and some joker aimed a laser beam at me. I was pretty sure it was harmless but it can still be unnerving at times.
Guest010619 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women