Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
test
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 262
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70702
biomed162498
Yssup Rider60316
gman4453224
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48424
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41455
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35820
Mojojo33117

Old 12-28-2015, 06:37 PM   #1
Munchmasterman
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10
Default Fuck Them and Their "New Customers Only"

Sprint is offering to cut other carriers plan cost in half. But only for new customers.

I got a new S4 2 years ago. The Sprint stores were charging $200 for an upgrade. I was going to be in Europe for 3 months and I needed one of the world phones with a sim that Sprint phones normally don't have. Sam's had the same Sprint phone for $41 and renewing the 2 year contract. With data and the "My Way" plan (+$12 insurance) I was paying close to $100 a month.
Called Sprint to let them know I was bolting on the 27th of Dec. Plenty of used AT&T S4s for $150 and a $45 unlimited talk, text, and 1.5G of high-speed and unlimited low speed for free after the 1.5 was gone plan.
Sprint blinked first and offered a $40 unlimited text, talk and 1G of high speed and free unlimited low (2G) after that. No contract. It's unadvertised and the bastards won't put it on the table until you threaten to leave. I'm on wifi most of the time so I hardly use any data. Plus they're unlocking my phone
Munchmasterman is offline   Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 12:06 PM   #2
gnadfly
Account Disabled

Good luck. I hope you saved every correspondence and chat transcript.

Last Christmas I got Sprint's "cut your bill in half offer" which was nice of them since I've been a Sprint Customer for almost 20 years. They were able to almost cut my bill in half but what followed was 3 months of improper billing. They also offered me a Note 4 for $25 a month rental minus a $15 a month rebate, so $10 a month. They offered it 3 times. I asked each time if it would affect my switch and they said "No." After I got it Sprint said that it invalidated my deal.

Next came about 8 hours of phone calls and chats to get it straightened out. They aren't giving me a rebate but "customer goodwill offset." They also double billed me the first month.

My brother recently got a letter from Sprint with a "secret offer". I'm going to have them match it but somehow they'll fuck up my billing.

I could on and on about Sprint's fuck ups. My "favorite" one was when I brought in my phone to have it repaired (along with the original box and receipt) and they said it was stolen.
gnadfly is offline   Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 04:13 PM   #3
Guest123018-4
Account Disabled

Encounters: 1

Sprint, AT&T, Verizon, it don't matter they all are going to fuck you one way or another.

They sell them stolen phones ya know.

Does any of you remember when there were no cell phones, computers, or any of that other technologically advanced shit.
Guest123018-4 is offline   Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 04:39 PM   #4
bambino
Valued Poster

Encounters: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by The2Dogs View Post
Sprint, AT&T, Verizon, it don't matter they all are going to fuck you one way or another.

They sell them stolen phones ya know.

Does any of you remember when there were no cell phones, computers, or any of that other technologically advanced shit.
Sure do, I knew where every pay phone I could stay in my car and make calls in my territory. Those were the days.
bambino is offline   Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 10:11 PM   #5
Rey Lengua
Valued Poster

Encounters: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnadfly View Post

Last Christmas I got Sprint's "cut your bill in half offer" which was nice of them since I've been a Sprint Customer for almost 20 years. They were able to almost cut my bill in half but what followed was 3 months of improper billing. They also offered me a Note 4 for $25 a month rental minus a $15 a month rebate, so $10 a month. They offered it 3 times. I asked each time if it would affect my switch and they said "No." After I got it Sprint said that it invalidated my deal.

Next came about 8 hours of phone calls and chats to get it straightened out. They aren't giving me a rebate but "customer goodwill offset." They also double billed me the first month.

My brother recently got a letter from Sprint with a "secret offer". I'm going to have them match it but somehow they'll fuck up my billing.

I could on and on about Sprint's fuck ups. My "favorite" one was when I brought in my phone to have it repaired (along with the original box and receipt) and they said it was stolen.
After all that, do any of you heavy cell phone users use that " insurance " for repairs or replacement that's advertised- Squaretrade- to see if it's actually cheaper than what the providers have ? Is the deductible lower ? IJA...
Rey Lengua is offline   Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 11:08 PM   #6
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Every time I go into my T-Mobile store, the clerks look up the current specials to see if they can lower my bill. That's why I stay with them. And I stick with my iPhone 6+. Best phone ever!
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 04:16 AM   #7
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
Every time I go into my T-Mobile store, the clerks look up the current specials to see if they can lower my bill. That's why I stay with them. And I stick with my iPhone 6+. Best phone ever!
For business my carrier rep does the same. I text him for any "upgrades"!

BTW Munch ... if you get the right carrier you can get a monthly (cancellable at no surcharge) international supplement on your plan so if you go overseas for three months (more or less) you can add it to your plan from your phone and taken it off when you come back. What you fail to mention is you may (probably will) get "local" charges added to your bill depending on from where you are calling.
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 04:20 AM   #8
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey Lengua View Post
After all that, do any of you heavy cell phone users use that " insurance " for repairs or replacement that's advertised- Squaretrade- to see if it's actually cheaper than what the providers have ? Is the deductible lower ? IJA...
No.

There are two things I don't buy or rely upon (others but not "on point"): "extended" warranties (aka "insurance") and mail in rebates. And you know the "old" joke:

If it flies, floats, or fucks ... rent it.
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 08:11 AM   #9
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

You you rent turds and the flies they attract?

We all know how often you rent anything that fucks...

Makes perfect sense

Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 05:04 PM   #10
Munchmasterman
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnadfly View Post

They have already gotten the bill wrong. But they acknowledge the deal and the specifics. So like you say. It takes about 3 months to get their shit together.

They still do the one thing (many, many businesses operate this way unfortunately) that gets me pissed off like no other. You have to catch the mistake for them to make good. If you don't then it never happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
My Motorola Startac. $1000 when first released. $25 when I got mine in 2000. The antenna always got bent but there was a nice little bullet shaped stubby antenna you could get for $5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusLover View Post
For business my carrier rep does the same. I text him for any "upgrades"!

BTW Munch ... if you get the right carrier you can get a monthly (cancellable at no surcharge) international supplement on your plan so if you go overseas for three months (more or less) you can add it to your plan from your phone and taken it off when you come back. What you fail to mention is you may (probably will) get "local" charges added to your bill depending on from where you are calling.
Using the international plan could be brutal in my case. The rates varied by what country they came from and where it was going to. It was cheapest to "suspend" (I can't remember the exact term they used) US operation and because it had a sim card, I could use the phone on many local networks (not all by any means). The cost came out to average about $.11 a minute. I used Majicjack to call the states.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusLover View Post
No.

There are two things I don't buy or rely upon (others but not "on point"): "extended" warranties (aka "insurance") and mail in rebates. And you know the "old" joke:

If it flies, floats, or fucks ... rent it.
Most extended warrantees aren't needed or used (In the course of the product's coverage period) any more or they turn out to cost more than the product originally did.

I seem to remember seeing something that said close to 60% of rebates aren't sent in or are sent in late and don't qualify for the rebate.
Munchmasterman is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women