Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Houston > The Sandbox - Houston
test
The Sandbox - Houston The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 261
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70680
biomed162376
Yssup Rider60210
gman4453216
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48391
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41259
CryptKicker37178
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 07-24-2015, 09:03 PM   #16
Fancyinheels
Retired Irish Tart

User ID: 3552
Location: Secluded in the deep, dark, spooky woods at the Irish Chihuahua Refuge.
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNL9933 View Post
Fancy....Fancy.....Fancy...... .that tread made think it's about time you receive some SNL Italian Sausage......just sayin'

I'm saucy and hungry, so you just bring that sausage over here and lay it on my warm buns! (Closest I get to being a "sub." )
Fancyinheels is offline   Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 09:23 PM   #17
Island_Gent
Valued Poster

Encounters: 44
Smile Very nice thread!

Fancy, I was having a conversation on this very topic not long ago. A friend, also from the islands, and I were bemoaning the lack of compassion, kindness and common courtesy these days.

I grew up in a culture that instills in you a sense of community and we're all in this together. Where your actions, good or bad, reflected not only on you, but your entire family.

My random act of kindness recently was helping a young lady whose car had stalled at an intersection. I pushed, she steered to clear, so traffic could get by and she was safe.

Island_Gent is offline   Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 11:45 AM   #18
pyramider
El Hombre de la Mancha

Encounters: 10

My random act of kindness was not punching out the bitch who tore the bumper off my car and drove away. I asked her about it at the stop sign ...
pyramider is offline   Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 06:33 PM   #19
Slitlikr
Valued Poster

Encounters: 72

I hear ya Fancy.
It's even tough to get a thank you for holding a door open these days.
Not that it's necessary, just an observation.
Slitlikr is offline   Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 10:54 PM   #20
Moonlight Graham
Valued Poster

Encounters: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slitlikr View Post
I hear ya Fancy.
It's even tough to get a thank you for holding a door open these days.
Not that it's necessary, just an observation.
Men who open doors for women are practicing "benevolent sexism" according to a study by the Society for the Psychology of Women.

But then, just about everything preceeded by "According to a study" is anti-common sense.

Opening doors, literally and in business, is the right thing to do, so I guess I'll continue to do bad benevolence.
Moonlight Graham is offline   Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 02:33 PM   #21
Oralist
Premium Access

Encounters: 128

I had a serious leg injury last fall and most people went out of their way to help me, opening doors, carrying groceries, etc. and I am just a fat, old fart.

Have faith, Fancy.
Oralist is offline   Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 04:21 PM   #22
FoxyNC
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 200405
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

I have once read, written about "my" generation (class of 1999' if that clarifies & dates me...) that there is an "Epidemic of Apathy."

Now, I can agree that, yes, it does seem as though in general people seem to care, less & less.
But take heart... there will always be people like us. Who believe in Karma, who WILL lead by example even when it is the HARD thing (versus the easy thing...)-
there's people who still believe in "Slaying the dragon" and who still believe in honor, integrity, and loyalty- and even (I say this BROADLY) out of love for our fellow man/woman.
Some people are very confused, and live with a (moral/ethical) spinning compass.
They just need a gentle tug (SHOVE lol) in the right direction, sometimes.

I was having a philosophical conversation one evening... and I had quipped that I thought there were "2 types of people in this world; the wolves and the sheep."
To which my companion replied...
"I disagree."
I had to ask, "Why? And how many do you think there are?"
My companion answers me gently, "I think there are 3 types of people in the world. I think there are sheep, and there are wolves, yes, but there are also sheep-dogs. Without the sheep-dogs, the wolves would eat all of the sheep, and there wouldn't be any left."

So... here is to wee-puppies (sheep-dogs).... the making of... the loving of... the training of... and to being the recipient back of this love....

After all, scorpions will be scorpions (scorpion & the frog* Aesop's fables), sheep will be sheep, wolves will be wolves, and us mutts- well... dogs will be dogs!
FoxyNC is offline   Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 05:38 PM   #23
dearhunter
Dr. Wonderful

This is my random act of kindness...................you are welcome
dearhunter is offline   Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 07:57 AM   #24
boardman
Making Pussy Great Again

Encounters: 26

There will always be exceptional people within each generation. People like Fancy, who aren't the norm.

Those are people who respected the struggles and sacrifices of their parents even though their parents were doing everything they could to give their children lives where they didn't have to sacrifice. It get's lost on most and the general rule is that we become more self centered as a result

Most of us here are part of, or products of, the me generation or baby boomers. We tend to be a self centered group historically speaking.

Tebow knows I'm all about me...but there was this one whore I tried to help once.

If you look at the Strauss- Howe Generational theory, the millennials or "hero"(equal to the GI or greatest generation) are just now coming of age to make a difference in the world. They most likely won't fight World War III but will be forced to sacrifice in some way in order to keep the world functioning and will be known for those sacrifices and advances. They may not directly benefit but their children will be better off for it and the cycle starts over.
boardman is offline   Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 08:07 AM   #25
chicagoboy
Ribbed, For Her Pleasure

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxyNC View Post
I was having a philosophical conversation one evening... and I had quipped that I thought there were "2 types of people in this world; the wolves and the sheep."
"I disagree."
My companion answers me gently, "I think there are 3 types of people in the world. I think there are sheep, and there are wolves, yes, but there are also sheep-dogs. Without the sheep-dogs, the wolves would eat all of the sheep, and there wouldn't be any left."
Is that from Ezekiel, Chapter 25?
chicagoboy is offline   Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 08:25 AM   #26
boardman
Making Pussy Great Again

Encounters: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxyNC View Post
"I disagree."

That guy's an idiot.
He didn't mention a thing about cats...We make the world turn. Without us the sheep, dogs and wolves would all fall off.
boardman is offline   Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 12:16 PM   #27
Built To Spill
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

I think it's awesome that you're so nice, Fancy. If anything, I really appreciate your kindness. I hate dealing with a rude provider or rude people in general. Keep being you!
Built To Spill is offline   Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 01:50 PM   #28
Fancyinheels
Retired Irish Tart

User ID: 3552
Location: Secluded in the deep, dark, spooky woods at the Irish Chihuahua Refuge.
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

This thread has become much more thoughtful than I expected. Excellent!

I do think that the world has changed, but hopefully the values of respect, civility, and charity will endure, as long as there are people left who remember and appreciate the meaning of the words and pass them on.

So, to summarize, we have sheep, sheepdogs who protect the baaaaa from the wolves, chihuahuas who THINK they are wolves, wolves in sheep's clothing who fool us all, and cats who lord it over every other species. Oh, and pussy, which holds the power, or so I'm told.
Fancyinheels is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women