Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Dallas > The Sandbox - Dallas
test
The Sandbox - Dallas The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 262
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70700
biomed162455
Yssup Rider60307
gman4453223
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48417
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41388
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35787
Mojojo33117

Old 02-27-2015, 04:31 PM   #91
pyramider
El Hombre de la Mancha

Encounters: 10

A&E has a documentary of Kyle.
pyramider is offline   Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 06:42 PM   #92
Lanny
Valued Poster

Encounters: 120

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldhiway View Post
Well, my opinion on this may not be so popular...

*Assuming* that the movie was an accurate account, I have mixed feelings about this guy. He was a very good shot, and a brave soldier, no doubt about that. He protected the US soldiers, and for that he does deserve respect.

However... I don't see this guy as a hero, as being a hero requires more than being a brave soldier. It requires equally honorable behavior off the battle field. This man should not have married, as he neglected his wife and baby to the point that it infuriated me... again, this is assuming that the movie was accurate.

On his wedding day, he's told he's being deployed, and he tells his wife it's a package deal, meaning with him comes his fellow soldiers and the war. I guess this is ok, but it would have been nice if he'd told her that fighting this war was going to take precedence over her and his baby, before marrying her. I do realize that the war affected him mentally, but he was all gung ho to go from the get go.

He kept getting sent home, and kept choosing to go back. His wife BEGGED him to stop going back, to stay home with his new family, but for reasons only he will ever know, he chose the war over them, even after seeing that it was breaking his wife's heart. Perhaps he thought that his presence in the war was going to change something, and if he did think this, he was either a narcissist or delusional. He *could* have stayed home with his family, as he'd already done enough.

He decided to go home for good when he couldn't take the combat anymore, and even when he got home, he *still* chose spending time with the military, training snipers, over time with his family... and ultimately this is what got him killed.

I am not a supporter of this war, as nothing is ever going to change in the middle east, and admittedly this may be influencing my opinion. However, even if it is, that doesn't change the fact that this guy was a great soldier, a true patriot, but he was also a shitty husband.

I guess I've been wanting a forum to rant a bit. Before any of you hate on me too much, remember that I did give him credit where due, but I can not go along with calling him a hero.
While Everyone is entitled to their opinion, I could not disagree more with one of yours...."Training Snipers" is NOT what caused Kyle's Death...a deranged man who, for some reason felt " he had to shoot Kyle and Littlefield, before they shot him" is what led to his murder....being against the War is your right, and even voicing your under informed opinion about how he balanced family and other obligations is also your right...BUT, How you can criticize a soldier for trying to reach out to others who served and struggled with the same PTSD that he did, is Beyond My Comprehension...
Lanny is offline   Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 09:53 PM   #93
HarleyRider96
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

The movie was great, but what impressed me the most was after the movie ended.....nothing but dead silence as people left the theater. It was nothing but what we need more of here in the USA, RESPECT.

RIP and thank you Chief for all you gave us over here.
HarleyRider96 is offline   Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 11:25 AM   #94
Fast car
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltfan View Post
Amazing movie. Sad how many outside of Texas have never heard of the story of Chris Kyle.
not a fan of people that parade their service for
personal gain afterwords.
Fast car is offline   Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 11:34 AM   #95
pyramider
El Hombre de la Mancha

Encounters: 10

Why shouldn't people reap the rewards of their hard work?
pyramider is offline   Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 06:40 PM   #96
Boltfan

Encounters: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast car View Post
not a fan of people that parade their service for
personal gain afterwords.
When he was alive his parading helped contribute to the charitable causes. I will gladly accept that as an outcome of celebrity.
Boltfan is offline   Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 07:20 PM   #97
Fast car
Valued Poster

jst my opinion.
AND the armed services agree with me actually.
you don't serve, then write books or movie royaltys
for profit off the deeds you did in service.

IMO it is dishonorable and completely negates any service you did.
(so that's where he stands in my book) (the armed forces won't go that far..
but they have disapproved of it).
Fast car is offline   Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 10:31 PM   #98
Boltfan

Encounters: 29

Ok bro.
Boltfan is offline   Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 10:57 PM   #99
ftango4
Valued Poster

Well many CIA, NSA guys, and ancient warriors have written plenty of books on what they did, saw and experienced. Eg., The Art of Intelligence and many others going back to Mesopotamia.

Not to mention ,as has been well documented, the fact that there was a long line of front runners to write Chris Kyle's book with out him. Fortunately he and his advisors were not going to let someone else pen it.
ftango4 is offline   Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 11:06 PM   #100
ftango4
Valued Poster

"AND the armed services agree with me actually."

The armed services is a big place. Not arguing against your theory, but how did you reach that conclusion?

Please expand and enlighten. How so Fast car?
Old 03-01-2015, 07:41 AM   #101
Mojojo
Aficionado

Encounters: 114

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldhiway View Post
Well, my opinion on this may not be so popular...

*Assuming* that the movie was an accurate account, I have mixed feelings about this guy. He was a very good shot, and a brave soldier, no doubt about that. He protected the US soldiers, and for that he does deserve respect.

However... I don't see this guy as a hero, as being a hero requires more than being a brave soldier. It requires equally honorable behavior off the battle field. This man should not have married, as he neglected his wife and baby to the point that it infuriated me... again, this is assuming that the movie was accurate.

On his wedding day, he's told he's being deployed, and he tells his wife it's a package deal, meaning with him comes his fellow soldiers and the war. I guess this is ok, but it would have been nice if he'd told her that fighting this war was going to take precedence over her and his baby, before marrying her. I do realize that the war affected him mentally, but he was all gung ho to go from the get go.

He kept getting sent home, and kept choosing to go back. His wife BEGGED him to stop going back, to stay home with his new family, but for reasons only he will ever know, he chose the war over them, even after seeing that it was breaking his wife's heart. Perhaps he thought that his presence in the war was going to change something, and if he did think this, he was either a narcissist or delusional. He *could* have stayed home with his family, as he'd already done enough.

He decided to go home for good when he couldn't take the combat anymore, and even when he got home, he *still* chose spending time with the military, training snipers, over time with his family... and ultimately this is what got him killed.

I am not a supporter of this war, as nothing is ever going to change in the middle east, and admittedly this may be influencing my opinion. However, even if it is, that doesn't change the fact that this guy was a great soldier, a true patriot, but he was also a shitty husband.

I guess I've been wanting a forum to rant a bit. Before any of you hate on me too much, remember that I did give him credit where due, but I can not go along with calling him a hero.
old I'm not sure if you've ever met or are close to someone who's served in a combat environment its a life changing experience mostly traumatic. Shooting woman/children and mutilation are things we don't hear much of here in the US because we are sheltered so needless to say dealing with that stuff is life changing. It seems to me that you would get a much better understanding of his purpose by reading the book rather than relying on a hollywood film.

I served in Iraq and unfortunately it was a tough time for the first batch of us but that sense of brother hood and commitment to each other is something you never let go and Kyle's story is excellent at demonstrating that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast car View Post
jst my opinion.
AND the armed services agree with me actually.
you don't serve, then write books or movie royaltys
for profit off the deeds you did in service.

IMO it is dishonorable and completely negates any service you did.
(so that's where he stands in my book) (the armed forces won't go that far..
but they have disapproved of it).
His proceeds mainly went towards assisting veterans with PTSD as well as the families of the two downed SEAL's who's served with him. He didn't do this for glory and fame he did this to ensure his proceeds from the book were not going ton someone's pocket. Since Congress sucks at acting on anything the man took charge to help combat PTSD. You are entitled to your opinion though.
Mojojo is offline   Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 04:25 PM   #102
slingblade
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojojo View Post

His proceeds mainly went towards assisting veterans with PTSD as well as the families of the two downed SEAL's who's served with him. He didn't do this for glory and fame he did this to ensure his proceeds from the book were not going ton someone's pocket. Since Congress sucks at acting on anything the man took charge to help combat PTSD. You are entitled to your opinion though.
This is one of the many fabrications the Kyle family will tell you. They did not donate the money, they pocketed it. It looks like they donated 52k to the Vets.
slingblade is offline   Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 05:54 PM   #103
ftango4
Valued Poster

Yeah, then there was Ole General Petraeus.....
Old 03-06-2015, 09:45 AM   #104
boydcrow
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 9

Clint Eastwood & Company did a fantastic job with this movie - both from a storytelling standpoint and from a larger than just commercial point. First, he captured a true picture of a real guy struggling with his duty/beliefs, plus being shot at daily, and his life & family back home. Second, Mr. Eastwood crafted a piece of film history that not only is a huge commercial success, but beyond that is getting everyone talking. If this movie was a piece of junk like so much of the crap coming out of Hollywood, we wouldn't be having this discussion would we? We can argue about whether the war was justified or not, or what kind of guy Chris was, but the real point is we need guys like him to do their thing and do it well. Yes, I served (82nd Airborne Div during the Vietnam era) with many soldiers, including several Army Special Forces guys, who Chris reminded me of - they were all dedicated, highly professional soldiers who put God, Country, and their Brothers in Arms above all else. This movie did a great job of capturing that quality in Chris and his struggles back home.
My $.02 worth, I'll get off my soapbox now.......
boydcrow is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women