Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Dallas > The Sandbox - Dallas
test
The Sandbox - Dallas The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 262
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70700
biomed162455
Yssup Rider60307
gman4453223
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48417
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41388
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35786
Mojojo33117

Old 03-01-2015, 09:26 AM   #1
bobie963
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 17
Default Our leaders?

Good day all.
Once again we are in the beginning stages of electing a new leader of this country. I’m a person that holds words to it’s literal meaning and I’m having a great deal of trouble of accepting the word, leader. Let me explain what I mean.
I own and operate a small business and have several people working for me. For 8 hours a day I feel as though I’m their leader. I assign a job to each man and then ensure the job is completed to acceptable standards. At the end of the work day my people leave work and continue with their own lives. I’m no longer the leader of these people until the next working day.

I feel the word leader is accepted from your local city mayor all the way to the President of the United States. I’m a member of an American Indian Nation and we have a Tribal Chief. He is the leader of this group of people.
The question I have is, how is this leader, leading us. Our Chief is new to this position. I’ve asked several people if they think he is a good leader and the responses have been positive. I ask how is he a good leader and I get answers ranging from, he just had this dirt road paved with asphalt to, he just opened a new health clinic. Paving a dirt road and opening a new clinic is nice but how it this leading his people?
The President of the United States is the leader if this country. The question I ask is, how does this person lead us? If I were asked the question, how does the POTUS lead this country I would have to answer, I don’t know.
So I’m putting the question out there to anyone willing to voice their opinion. In your opinion, how does the POTUS lead this country? I look forward to reading your responses that will open my mind to thoughts and ideas I’ve not heard of.
Thanks for your time.
bobie963 is offline   Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 11:46 AM   #2
General Feuerbacher
Account Disabled

Encounters: 57

Interesting thread. We have had great leaders in USA and we have had bad ones.
General Feuerbacher is offline   Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 12:15 PM   #3
billw1032
Premium Access

Paving a dirt road or opening a clinic is not leadership. Neither is assigning jobs to your employees and ensuring that an acceptable job is done. What you are describing there is management.

Leadership is a very different thing. A person is not a leader by virtue of the position he or she holds. Hundreds of books have been written on leadership, but generally it involves some aspect of motivating or inspiring people to do an excellent job rather than the minimum, to achieve more than they thought they were capable of, to get through some type of challenge or crisis. I don't see a lot of true leaders in city hall, state capitals, or Washington D.C. Mostly they are full of politicians, not leaders.
billw1032 is offline   Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 03:19 PM   #4
bolivarcorona
Valued Poster

Encounters: 3

Our Imam in Chief Obola isn't so bad. EBT cards work just fine!
bolivarcorona is offline   Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 04:12 PM   #5
oldbutstillgoing
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 5

Leading is more than giving instructions. Its also about driving tasks that contribute to the wellness and happiness of the people. A leader gets things done. Directly and by guiding others to achieve the desired goals. Direct and indirect.
oldbutstillgoing is offline   Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 07:32 PM   #6
bobie963
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 17

billw1030
After thinking about it I would agree I manage more than I lead.
OBSG
I like your statement. It’s also about driving tasks that contribute to the wellness and happiness of the people.
A couple of questions for the both of you and to anyone else that would like to respond.
In your opinion, what, if any, has the current POTUS done that you would consider to be, the act of a good leader? And lastly, you, as the leader of our country, what act of leadership would you do for our country?
bobie963 is offline   Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 06:18 PM   #7
doug_dfw
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

My belief of a definition of a Leader is a person either living or passed who has (d) the ability to motivate peers in the devotion and execution of principles that the Leader believes and pursues. Good or bad.
doug_dfw is offline   Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 07:13 PM   #8
bolivarcorona
Valued Poster

Encounters: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Feuerbacher View Post
Interesting thread. We have had great leaders in USA and we have had bad ones.
Knowledge is good.
bolivarcorona is offline   Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 07:21 PM   #9
Eva Damita
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 106939
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug_dfw View Post
My belief of a definition of a Leader is a person either living or passed who has (d) the ability to motivate peers in the devotion and execution of principles that the Leader believes and pursues. Good or bad.
I like how you worded it !
Eva Damita is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women