Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Dallas > The Sandbox - Dallas
test
The Sandbox - Dallas The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 262
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70699
biomed162455
Yssup Rider60307
gman4453223
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48417
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41388
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35785
Mojojo33117

Old 12-06-2014, 09:02 AM   #76
JHurt1968
Valued Poster

Encounters: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chung Tran View Post
interested in the 3rd show you walked out on.. you forgot one..
Whoops, got distracted and posted before I had a chance to finish.

I also walked out on Sweet 75, the band Krist Novoselic started after Nirvana finished. That was '95 or 96 in Tacoma. They were absolutely terrible; no songs, weak musicianship, and way too loud for the small club they were playing. I stayed at least 1/2 an hour before I split.
JHurt1968 is offline   Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 10:55 AM   #77
broes
Reverse Apache Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelousntx View Post
Woodstock 99 Limpbizkit set of particular note
I know I know, but it was a the height of their popularity and they can be easily credited with being the first band that weekend to take the crowd to a complete different level.
You say that like it's a good thing. The idiot lead singer sang their stupid song "Break Stuff" and incited a riot. But yeah, looting, fires, and females getting raped in the crowd was a new level.
broes is offline   Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 10:14 PM   #78
ftango4
Valued Poster

Minaj on SNl as we speak.Growing girl since I saw her at Verizon. No Anaconda tonight.
ftango4 is offline   Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 01:47 PM   #79
eccienewbie
Valued Poster

Encounters: 36

Gotta bump this one again, 'cause I completely left off what may have been my favorite concert ever, which, ironically, did not involve one of my favorite bands.

Maybe the very best concert I ever saw from a standpoint of general anticipation and atmosphere (more the latter than the former) was, of all things, a show by The Knack at the bronco bowl in either '79 or '80. I don't know which, I just know I didn't have my real drivers license yet 'cause I drove to it on a little 100 cc motorcycle with several friends who also had bikes. The show was special because the band had just broke worldwide, and in a huge way. You couldn't turn on the radio without hearing My Sharona (or Good Girls Don't, or any of about a half dozen other songs off their first album -- the Zoo and Q102 pretty much had every track off that album in heavy rotation). But the concert tour had been booked before the first album really took off, so they were playing smaller venues. A year later, they sold out stadiums. Anyway, the story goes on....

One of the really cool things about the show (other than the band, who, although not one of my favorites, were really good...very, VERY tight...all of 'em excellent from a technical standpoint) was how the band was being marketed. Capitol was pretty much presenting them as the new Beatles, and there really was that kind of feel in the air -- they came out of nowhere, topped both the singles and album charts, and were just, well, everywhere. Positively ubiquitous for about 18 months to 2 years. They dressed like the Beatles, their album art was reminiscent of some of the early Beatles albums, and they even had a pure, clean power pop sound like the early Beatles. Very straightforward rock and roll, with some really naughty lyrics (which was a big plus for hormone charged teens like myself). And then there was the show itself....

Girls shrieked. They cried. And the band rocked. Hard. Played the entire album, plus a lot of really cool covers, and about half of the tunes that would eventually be on their second album. It was as close as anything could come to what I imagine an early Beatles show was like. Very, very similar to what you see on those old clips of The Beatles on the Ed Sullivan show in terms of the crowd's reaction. Just a great, great show, and I can't believe I left it off my earlier list.

Great venue, too. I saw several other bands at the Bronco Bowl over the years, including Squeeze, The Clash, and the Black Crowes on one of their very early tours. I really miss that place. It could be hotter than all get out, but it was fantastic acoustically, big enough to attract the best of the up and coming bands, and you could go bowling afterward or play video games in the bowling alley to which it was attached.
eccienewbie is offline   Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 08:21 AM   #80
OldGrump
Valued Poster

Encounters: 47

I wish I could remember dates like some of you. These were in the 60's.

Worst: Ray Charles when he refused to perform because the IRS confiscated the gate fees due to taxes owed by the concert manager.

Best: Peter, Paul, and Mary downtown Dallas in the late 60's or early 70's.

Most memorable clubbing was in New Orleans in 1962. A friend and I drove there because the drinking age was 18 in Louisiana. We saw Al Hirt and Pete Fountain perform live in their clubs for a 2 drink minimum admission.

I would love to see any concert with Clapton. His singing of Layla is one of the most stirring songs I have ever heard.
OldGrump is offline   Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 02:16 PM   #81
hdg67
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 6

Best: Guns and Roses, Bronco Bowl
Worst: The Cult headlining for GnR, Bronco Bowl
hdg67 is offline   Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 07:19 PM   #82
dallaswill
Premium Access

Encounters: 54

Best for me was over the summer at Lone Star Park. A provider wanted someone to take her (no car). It was C&W and I have no idea who played because all I did was stare at the HOTTEST country chicks in the uniform of the day...tank top, short shorts, boots, cute hat. OMG
dallaswill is offline   Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 02:49 PM   #83
DarthDVader
Valued Poster

My best concert: THE WHO in Phoenix AZ 1976 ... It was amazing to watch Roger Daltrey do his tricks with the mike and Pete Townshed jumping while swinging his guitar ...

DREAM THEATER 2006 ... 20th Aniversary Tour: Score @ Radio City Music Hall in New York ... Had never witnessed such talent from music grads from Berklee while playing at one point with a symphony orchestra (Octavarium Orchestra)... Just pure eclectic magic ...

Recently COLDPLAY in Dallas ... Pretty awesome show ...

The worst, both in Dallas at the AAC ... watched them bc out of boredom I guess ... ROD STEWART and NEIL DIAMOND ... I know, worst money spent ...
DarthDVader is offline   Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 07:08 AM   #84
Chung Tran
BANNED

Encounters: 288

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthDVader View Post

The worst, both in Dallas at the AAC ... watched them bc out of boredom I guess ... ROD STEWART and NEIL DIAMOND ... I know, worst money spent ...
risky move to diss Neil Diamond on a Forum that ladies visit.. I bet you just put yourself on some DNS lists, LOL...
Chung Tran is offline   Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 07:36 AM   #85
DarthDVader
Valued Poster

Well CT, I appreciate Neil Diamond's talent as well as Rod Stewart's but those two concerts were so dull and lacked energy ... a key element on a live concert (no BS playback) ...

I used to hear over and over Neil Diamond's Hot August Night concert at the Greek versions of I Am I Said and Soolaimon when I suspect he was fliying real high at the end of that concert ... Not sure if there is a video available ...
Johnatan Livingston Seagull was one of my favorites as well ...

When talking about concerts is hard to grade bc there is so many different genres ... from Von Karajan as conductor and Pavarotti to Pink Floyd or Emerson Lake and Palmer ...

Very difficult to compare ...

Quote:
risky move to diss Neil Diamond on a Forum that ladies visit.. I bet you just put yourself on some DNS lists, LOL...
DarthDVader is offline   Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 09:00 AM   #86
JHurt1968
Valued Poster

Encounters: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthDVader View Post
NEIL DIAMOND ... I know, worst money spent ...
I'm not going to totally agree with this. I grew up listening to Neil so while I like his music I'm not a huge fan either. My mom on the other hand loves Neil. Around 20 years ago when I started to make a decent living I took her to see him in Denver. While it wasn't a bad show it was definitely very low key energy wise. The crowd was older, definitely older than crowds at the shows I typically went to at the time, and they were there to enjoy the music and relax. No one really stood up except when he got on stage, at the end of the show, and for the encore. Not a horrible concert but if it wasn't that it made mom so happy to go it may have made my worst shows list.
JHurt1968 is offline   Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 09:10 AM   #87
Guest092216
Account Disabled

User ID: 144244
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:

No no, Chung. Dissing Neil Diamond is cool. It's kneeling for diamonds that we don't want dissed. Like ever.
Guest092216 is offline   Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 08:54 AM   #88
Chung Tran
BANNED

Encounters: 288

there are 3 kinds of concerts, each has a distinct characteristic:

(1) the "old codger" show... the audience claps at the beginning of a song, for 30 seconds, or so, because they nostalgically remember the tune.. Kenny Rogers, Neil Diamond, etc..

(2) the "classic rock codgers" show... one or two goofballs near you will belt out loudly, the words to each classic rock song performed.. these people need to be slapped..

(3) the rest.. the audience applauds at the end of a song, properly.... examples (1) and (2) seem to pervade the recent shows I have attended..
Chung Tran is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women