Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
test
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 263
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70688
biomed162390
Yssup Rider60224
gman4453217
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48395
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41270
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35684
Mojojo33117

Old 10-09-2014, 12:58 AM   #1
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54
Default The conversation turned to elections today...

....and how to make the campaigns more fair and inclusive. I have a couple of ideas that you can critique (that kind of means make fun of ladies). I was a war gamer and there were two major types of games; one with representative forces meaning someone had an advantage and the other everyone started equally in assets.

I think we can make elections (federal and state) like a wargame in which all candidates start with equal forces so no one has an advantage except their ideas and strategy.

The first thing is to qualify. All elections will be paid for by the tax payer and only the taxpayer. Each candidate would have to raise both a certain amount of cash and collect a set amount of signatures to prove viability. For a presidential candidate it may be $20 million to show that people are interested in your ideas and maybe 100,000 signatures per state (Alaska and Wyoming will have to have special rules). Once you qualify (even third party candidates) you are allocated so many hours of TV, radio, and print advertising. Some time is more expensive than others so you have to be careful when you use it. For example, a nationwide, network 30 second commercial during the World Series may be worth 10 minutes of time in the morning or drive time. You don't want to waste your time and you do want to use all of it. It may stop October surprises if you have to ration your media time for the event.

Every candidate will have to participate in certain events. Speeches and debates, after all this is a contest and we want to see them strut their stuff. No more incumbents avoiding debates because they have become senile or where never smart to begin with.

Sever penalties will have to be put in place for candidates, parties, or donors who break the rules. I mean jail time! Every consideration has to be accounted for. Every plane ride, every "independent" commercial on your behalf, every party (campaign event) paid for by a donor must be counted. Unfortunately, we cannot not prevent the press from taking sides. They can cover an favored candidate (free advertising) and refuse to even name the opponent.

The general idea is that all candidates start on an equal footing. They can bias the game with great staffers, great strategy, or great skills.

Comments?
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 02:17 AM   #2
flghtr65
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn View Post
....and how to make the campaigns more fair and inclusive. I have a couple of ideas that you can critique (that kind of means make fun of ladies). I was a war gamer and there were two major types of games; one with representative forces meaning someone had an advantage and the other everyone started equally in assets.

I think we can make elections (federal and state) like a wargame in which all candidates start with equal forces so no one has an advantage except their ideas and strategy.

The first thing is to qualify. All elections will be paid for by the tax payer and only the taxpayer. Each candidate would have to raise both a certain amount of cash and collect a set amount of signatures to prove viability. For a presidential candidate it may be $20 million to show that people are interested in your ideas and maybe 100,000 signatures per state (Alaska and Wyoming will have to have special rules). Once you qualify (even third party candidates) you are allocated so many hours of TV, radio, and print advertising. Some time is more expensive than others so you have to be careful when you use it. For example, a nationwide, network 30 second commercial during the World Series may be worth 10 minutes of time in the morning or drive time. You don't want to waste your time and you do want to use all of it. It may stop October surprises if you have to ration your media time for the event.

Every candidate will have to participate in certain events. Speeches and debates, after all this is a contest and we want to see them strut their stuff. No more incumbents avoiding debates because they have become senile or where never smart to begin with.

Sever penalties will have to be put in place for candidates, parties, or donors who break the rules. I mean jail time! Every consideration has to be accounted for. Every plane ride, every "independent" commercial on your behalf, every party (campaign event) paid for by a donor must be counted. Unfortunately, we cannot not prevent the press from taking sides. They can cover an favored candidate (free advertising) and refuse to even name the opponent.

The general idea is that all candidates start on an equal footing. They can bias the game with great staffers, great strategy, or great skills.

Comments?

JD, you mean like G. W. Bush and his 'C' average in history at Yale?
flghtr65 is offline   Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 02:40 AM   #3
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

I mean everyone.

Be careful, I've spoken with Corrine Brown and seen footage of Barbara Boxer that was never seen on TV. A couple of real rocket scientists. Before you tout the myth about the Bush "C", where are Obama's transcripts which is one more thing that they should have to provide including a verified birth certificate (if required). Our country, our elections, our rules.
Old 10-09-2014, 06:23 AM   #4
filbone
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Sorry, just like voter ID, your ideas will hurt minorities for reasons no one can logically explain.
filbone is offline   Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 12:51 PM   #5
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by flghtr65 View Post
JD, you mean like G. W. Bush and his 'C' average in history at Yale?
W's GPA was higher than Kerry's. Ijs
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 01:04 PM   #6
boardman
Making Pussy Great Again

Encounters: 26

You'd never get it to work. The people you want to approve the legislation are the same people that your are asking to become responsible with our money.

You want the candidate to raise money but the election is to be paid for by taxpayers. I don't understand that part.

Also, we've tried "equal time" before. Turns out it is a limitation of free speech.
boardman is online now   Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 01:49 PM   #7
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by boardman View Post

Also, we've tried "equal time" before. Turns out it is a limitation of free speech.
... only if one is a conservative like Alan Peterson. Meanwhile, HBO, NBC, CBS, Harvey Weinstein and Michael Moore remain unfettered and are accorded all of the "free speech" they can produce!
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 03:08 AM   #8
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

We bypass the Congress and go for the constitutional amendment.

There are two concrete ways to show viability; money and support (dollars and signatures). Very few will give you money if they don't think you have a chance and getting signatures in 2/3s of the states will help eliminate regional candidates. The money goes into the election fund to help offset the expense.

I think I like the idea of raising $20 million for the chance to run for president. It shows you have support and the candidate does not get to keep it. In fact, they will never see it. It will go into an account so we wouldn't have any more problems like in 2008 when the Obama team failed to vett their donors. Put the money into the hands of a third party (not a political party). This only applies until you qualify and then the taxpayer will pick up the tab. And it sure won't be close to a billion dollars either.
Signatures force a candidate to do the ground work among the people. Like I said, it also helps to eliminate candidate like George Wallace who only appealed to about six states. Like the Constitution, we can go with a super majority instead of the original every state.
33 states would have to support a candidate with a petition. California has 38 million people. How about 5% of that or 1.9 million supporters. That shouldn't be hard for an inspirationa candidate. Maybe tighten that a bit more. There are about 17.8 million registered voters in CA. Maybe only 890,000 signatures of registered voters. In Wyoming there are about 250,000 registered voters so you need 12,500 supporters to sign the petition.

At this point, all this expense is on the candidate and not the people which should reduce the participants further. The two major parties could fund this and we would likely get some third party candidates to qualify as well. We might truly have an election with three or four good candidates with broad appeal.

The enforcement mechanism I haven't figured out yet.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women