Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
test
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 391
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 264
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70708
biomed162527
Yssup Rider60367
gman4453224
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48437
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41515
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35879
Mojojo33117

Old 10-04-2014, 10:48 PM   #31
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Misquote me all you want, CaptainAntiBright. Your sounding more stupid than ever. Which is quite an accomplishment for you. I can't wait to see what you make up for me next, and then rip it apart in your own, special confused way.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 08:51 AM   #32
Texas Contrarian
Lifetime Premium Access

Default So, you're an anarcho-communist? "Forward, Comrades!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
Misquote me all you want, CaptainAntiBright. Your [sic -- LMAO!! Just a suggestion: If you're going to constantly hurl gratuitous insults of other people's intelligence, it's smart to make it look like you have at least mastered basic elementary school rules of stuff like usage, grammar, and spelling.] sounding more stupid than ever.
All of this is just too fucking funny!

However, it's certainly understandable that someone with limited levels of education, intelligence, and skills might yearn for a money-free "utopian" society that's as non-meritocratic as possible, isn't it?

Professor, you'd better take another look. I didn't "misquote" you in any way, shape, or form. I simply quoted and addressed your exact words.

You're the one who introduced John Lennon's Imagine to the discussion, apparently holding its message up as an ideal to which humanity should strive. Have you ever actually listened to the song? Even Lennon was reported many years ago to have said that its lyrics are essentially straight up Communist Manifesto-style stuff. You do realize that, do you not? (OK, probably not.) The world envisioned by Lennon is one devoid of class divisions and concerns over material possessions -- that is, communism, although presumably without the ruthless dictatorship and all the killing. Yeah, just the sort of vision offered by Ron Paul and Gary Johnson!

Professor, I didn't realize that you're such a principled anti-capitalist. Although I admittedly haven't paid much attention to this forum in recent months, I always thought you were an uber-libertarian, perhaps in the vein of Murray Rothbard or Ludwig von Mises. Little did I know that you're simpatico with 1960s-era Berkeley counterculture types. A free-spirited hippie from back in the day might have greeted your utterances with the simple, "Far out, man!"

I must admit that it's hilarious to see a fatuous, conspiracy-mongering loon attack someone who served up a summary demolition job on some of his most harebrained declarations by suggesting that anyone who debunks his silly B.S. must be writing in a "confused" way.

Perhaps it's funnier still to see a self-proclaimed "libertarian" espouse the principle tenets of communism!

Texas Contrarian is offline   Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 09:53 AM   #33
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

If you are going to continue to misquote and distort my posts, go ahead. It simply displays your own ignorance and arrogance. You may now play with yourself, CaptainMoonBat.
Old 10-06-2014, 09:56 AM   #34
Texas Contrarian
Lifetime Premium Access

Default You were exposed as a liar and a fraud long ago. Deal with it, asshole!

Quote:
If you are going to continue to misquote and distort my posts, go ahead. It simply displays your own ignorance and arrogance. You may now play with yourself, CaptainMoonBat.
You're the one whose ignorance is on stark display here, ex-professor, and that's nothing new.

You rarely even make the slightest effort to understand the fatuousness that you post. Remember the first of those marathon FairTax threads, wherein you made nary an effort to understand much of anything about the subject under discussion? All you were able to do was lash out and hurl insults. Were it not for that practice, you wouldn't have had much to say. Insecure much?

I don't think anyone will be waiting with bated breath for you to post anything cogent or intelligent, that's for sure!

And I sure got a few good laughs when you falsely claimed to have taught university-level economics, despite complete unfamiliarity with concepts that have been taught to undergrad students for several generations.
Old 10-06-2014, 10:27 AM   #35
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Post the FairTax thread, Captain MoonBat. Let everyone see for themselves who the ignorant one is. But keep trying. It's fun to watch.
Old 10-06-2014, 10:31 AM   #36
Texas Contrarian
Lifetime Premium Access

OK, professor. You asked for it -- you got it!

http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?t=740839

It's a very long thread, so I'm not sure how many people are likely to read the whole thing. But it's easy enough to scroll through and see which posts actually contain substance, and I think there's enough information to give anyone curious about the FairTax a fairly decent overview.

It's also easy enough to figure out who understands economic and taxation issues, and who does not.
Old 10-06-2014, 10:36 AM   #37
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Thanks, PrivateMoonBat. I hope everyone reads it. You're kind of a WPF on RedBull.
Old 10-06-2014, 10:43 AM   #38
Texas Contrarian
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Thanks, PrivateMoonBat. You're welcome, ConfusedOldGoofball! I hope everyone reads it. You're kind of a WPF on RedBull.
What the fuck is a "WPF?" Although I make an effort to stay reasonably well-informed, that's an abbreviation I don't recall ever having seen.
Old 10-07-2014, 09:01 AM   #39
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Read the FairTax thread, folks. Captain MoonBat thinks it shows how smart he is. And WPF, tell the not-so-bright Cap'n who you are.
Old 10-07-2014, 09:05 AM   #40
Texas Contrarian
Lifetime Premium Access

Default A man is entitled to his own opinions -- but not to his own facts!

Quote:
Read the FairTax thread, folks. Captain MoonBat thinks it shows how smart he is. And WPF, tell the not-so-bright Cap'n who you are.
It's not a matter of how smart I (or anyone else) is, ex-professor.

It's simply a matter of what's a reasonably thought out viewpoint, and what's disingenuous nonsense. Over the last few years, many people have been curious about the FairTax, and wondered whether it might be a viable alternative. So it's definitely worth discussing -- but, of course, it helps to actually make an effort to understand the issues. Some people seem to forget that last point.

By the way, ex-professor, which one of us was it that first began accusing the other of posting something stupid in the FairTax thread? Who started all the gratuitous name-calling?

Please refresh my memory.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women