Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh > The Sandbox - Pittsburgh
test
The Sandbox - Pittsburgh The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 261
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70677
biomed162343
Yssup Rider60202
gman4453216
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48383
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41238
CryptKicker37178
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 09-19-2014, 07:06 PM   #16
Tiredofrosey
Registered Member

Encounters: 1

Sorry I missed DEVO's remark about anonymous sales data.
Tiredofrosey is offline   Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 07:13 PM   #17
Devo
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

NP man, further, a few years back, the NRA listed Armstrong County as having the highers per capita rate of members, of any county in the USA.

Texas, ranked as the highest per capita per state.

I think the stats of both show that we are some gun owning, gun right defending mother fuckers.

Any wonder the first rebellion in the USA started in Western PA?
Devo is offline   Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 09:09 PM   #18
eaglehorse
Valued Poster

Devo, the first rebellion after the revolutionary war was in Mass. "Shay Rebellion". This rebellion encouraged Congress to dump the Articles of Confederation, they then wrote the Constitution. Now the Whiskey rebellion, 1792, was started at Bambs house, whiskey taxes, whiskey was currency, and used to buy goods on the frontier. It was that Federalist Alexander Hamilton who convince Washington to use the federal government powers to suppress the rebellion. At the time George Washington was the largest distiller of whiskey. Washington came, to Bedford, drank, party, did a few maids then went home. After hanging a few down around Homestead(?) the rebellion was over. Washington was the only commander in chief, while president, to wear his military uniform while campaigning with the army.
eaglehorse is offline   Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 07:38 AM   #19
sexymaid_69
Account Disabled

User ID: 3741
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiredofrosey View Post
I looked at the longer list and was glad to see my home town was at least in the top 100. I was also surprised that Washington county Pa. didn't show up especially with all the new folks from Tx and Ok moving here.
That's because all those Frackkers bought/registered or were polled about those guns back home and not here.

That and maybe Washington Co folks are better at keeping secrets.
sexymaid_69 is offline   Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 10:07 AM   #20
Devo
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

Thanks for the history check Eagle, I was referring to the whiskey rebellion which was the first one also put down by the newly formed feds, and, if I'm not mistaken, PA didn't have counties at the time, I was referring to Western PA in general.

In any case, thanks to that, Kentucky got all our distillers, instead of PA.
Devo is offline   Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 10:50 AM   #21
lustylad
BANNED

Encounters: 9

Ok, but what about General Neville? What was his role? I would rather hear the eaglehorse version than google the wiki version.
lustylad is offline   Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 08:20 PM   #22
eaglehorse
Valued Poster

Lustylad, it was 1794, well Neville was a big time land speculator, fought with Braddack, received land warrants for his reward, from VA. which was honored by PA. He was consider an elite, cultured gentlemen, on the frontier. Built his house, or plantation, Nevillewood. Which. Present day Bowerhill, parts of the old Woodville state Hospital, stood on his property. That's how large his holding were. Now his part, he was the revenue agent who collected the taxes, some local elites, Bradford, Al Gallition, and other were against this tax and encourage the masses to not pay, well he informed Washington he needed help to collect this tax. A US Marshel, and a small number of soldiers encamped at his house, I think it was in July/August, house was surrounded, by a couple hundred armed men, burnt the house and barn down, Neville fled, then Washington came west at the encouragement of Hamiliton. Does this answer your question? Neville did come back and resumed his duties after they hung a few, there is a marker on rt. 50 , that's only part of his holdings, he was the biggest land speculator in Pittsburgh at the time. And I don't know why they named that island after him. He might have had a dock there.
Old 09-21-2014, 08:48 PM   #23
sexymaid_69
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

Eaglehorse,
It was originally called Montour's Island, but after a lawsuit regarding the fact that it was awarded to more then one person by more than one state (PA and VA ) it was renamed in honor of the general who spent his last years living there.
Old 09-22-2014, 06:06 PM   #24
eaglehorse
Valued Poster

Thank you Jinny, you are quite the local history genie. Can you tell me where Braddocks gold from the paymaster wagon is?
Old 09-22-2014, 10:35 PM   #25
sexymaid_69
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglehorse View Post
Thank you Jinny, you are quite the local history genie. Can you tell me where Braddocks gold from the paymaster wagon is?
I wish.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women