Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Dallas > The Sandbox - Dallas
test
The Sandbox - Dallas The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 391
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 264
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70707
biomed162527
Yssup Rider60356
gman4453224
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48435
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41503
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35872
Mojojo33117

Old 09-10-2014, 08:18 AM   #31
TinMan
The Grey Knight

Encounters: 130

Garrett had no good choices with Tony. Work him hard during preseason and risk season (or career) ending injury, or do what he did and pray he shakes the rust off quickly.

If Tony is back to form next week, I'll consider Garrett's choice the right one. Even with a healthy Romo, they likely would have lost the 49er game, just not in as embarrassing a fashion.
TinMan is online now   Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 10:36 AM   #32
Guest050619-1
Account Disabled

Encounters: 2

Not sure what your definition of "worst" is, sir....my guess that could entail just about anything. While I'm not an apologist for Tony's style of play or his qb'ing decisions, I'm at least informed and can offer a little perspective on the subject.

Statistically, Romo already owns numerous Cowboy records (happy to list those for you if interested). Should we compare him to his counter-parts of yesteryear?

Past greats....Staubach and Aikman both played for truly great coaches, Tom Landry and Jimmy Jump Up. Sure, Romo benefited from tutoring under Parcells a couple of years (however Big Bill was at the end of his HOF career and was pulling a money-grab; we all know that deal). Since then it's been Wade and Jason (and it's unlikely Canton will be carving a bust for either of these knuckleheads).

Staubach benefited from a stable of running backs in the backfield with him throughout his glorious career: Walt Garrison, Calvin Hill, Duane Harris, Tony Dorsett, etc.....Aikman played the majority of his career with the all-time NFL rushing leader, Emmitt Smith and a bone-crushing fullback, Daryll Johnston. Both qb's played behind O-lines that had future Hall of Famers on it. During his 13 seasons, Aikman tossed 20+ td's in a season only once ('92).....to date, Romo has had 3 seasons of 20+ and another 3 seasons of 30+ td's....all in 8 seasons thus far.

Both Roger and Troy played with teams that fielded top-level defenses (ranked # 1 in the NFL several times) to protect leads and keep games under control. The fact Dallas went 8-8 last year with the 32nd ranked defense is a testament to the efforts of the offense....and that usually starts and ends with the play of the qb, right? If you're going to access blame you have to give credit when it's due, as well.

This is not opinion; it's a clear fact: More responsibility, accountability, expectations, hopes, etc has been placed on the shoulders of Tony Romo than any other quarterback in the 50+ year history of the Cowboys, short of the early days a la Don Meredith. And he played with Ring of Honor members, Don Perkins, Bob Hayes and numerous All Pros on that young Doomsday Defense. Tell me what running back or defensive player (other than the departed Demarcus Ware) who will be enshrined in the ROH that Romo has played with to date?***

***(yes, TE, Jason Witten will surely be. And the jury is out on Dez; his future is yet to be written. But back to the defense....who?)

Fair or not, Romo will remain a lightning rod for criticism and scorn so long as he continues to quarterback the Cowboys (so much is expected of the qb of America's Team....and the pundits know it "sells" to talk about the Cowboys good, bad or indifferent).

Unfortunately, he's had to play for grade C- level head coaches and a revolving door of offensive coordinators, at best.....and a General Manager who receives an F for being the architect of what may end up being the worst defense in the history of the NFL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nigsub
You think Tony is BEGINNING TO DECLINE. He is the worst their ever is, was and ever will be Dallas QB!!!
Guest050619-1 is offline   Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 11:32 AM   #33
txcwby6
Valued Poster

Encounters: 38

He's amazing! You think he's hit the absolute rock bottom of incompetency and he finds a level of stupidity nobody noticed. I think we need another drunk Cowboy to take Romo on a fast ride!
txcwby6 is offline   Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 12:33 PM   #34
Guest050619-1
Account Disabled

Encounters: 2

Absolutely you can start, Doug. I can live with that.

You "start" the game as a special teams player....on either the kick off or kick return team.....you do your assignment then BAM your butt goes to the bench the rest of the game.

Fair? Probably not, but as GM I'm calling the shots now, big boy! Thank you for the job, the raise in pay, the company car, etc.....now go sit down; I have a team to run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug_dfw
You have it right on. I nominate you as General Manager, I fire Jerry and his siblings off the staff, you hire replacements, You decide on Garret and the coaches but me, I would give them a season to get their shit together under your selections of players. Done, now execute. Oh I have to start. I am calling Jerry now. Are you ready?
Guest050619-1 is offline   Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 12:57 PM   #35
Look-at-Stupid
BANNED

Encounters: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Fox View Post
Tons of Romo hate after one week. Myself, I saw rust, NOT decline. He made some bad decisions based off of not adjusting to the speed of the game. I expect this to improve with continuous practice and a few more games under his belt. Most people don't understand that you have to get used just how fast the game is EVERY year. We'll see what happens.

Romo has his faults, but the hyperbole in this thread shows such a lack of football knowledge. For his haters: name your QBs who can drive the whole field on the road against a division rival for the win, all while with a herniated disc. The list is pretty fucking short.
excellent points indeed, plus all of these punks calling him a homo, I'd love to see them try and say it to his face. He'd break them in half.
Look-at-Stupid is offline   Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 01:05 PM   #36
TinMan
The Grey Knight

Encounters: 130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Look-at-Stupid View Post
excellent points indeed, plus all of these punks calling him a homo, I'd love to see them try and say it to his face. He'd break them in half.
Something tells me he ain't crying in the arms of that hot blonde Candace whenever he hears some random jackwagon call him a "homo".
TinMan is online now   Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 02:30 PM   #37
Chung Tran
BANNED

Encounters: 288

Quote:
Originally Posted by Look-at-Stupid View Post
if he broke me in half, I'd take him to court, and tell the Judge "Homo" means "Man".. I would take my $5 million dollar judgement, give Jones enough to pay off his Bitch, Jerry would then cut Romo, and Jerry and I would party with Tony's hot wife..
Chung Tran is offline   Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 03:04 PM   #38
Look-at-Stupid
BANNED

Encounters: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chung Tran View Post
if he broke me in half, I'd take him to court, and tell the Judge "Homo" means "Man".. I would take my $5 million dollar judgement, give Jones enough to pay off his Bitch, Jerry would then cut Romo, and Jerry and I would party with Tony's hot wife..
Put the crack pipe DOWN!!!
Look-at-Stupid is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women