Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Dallas > The Sandbox - Dallas
test
The Sandbox - Dallas The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 262
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70699
biomed162455
Yssup Rider60307
gman4453223
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48417
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41388
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35785
Mojojo33117

Old 08-12-2014, 06:00 PM   #46
Guest092316
Account Disabled

User ID: 215699
My ECCIE Reviews

It is very hard sometimes..............
Guest092316 is offline   Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 06:02 AM   #47
Hobby Lobbyist
Valued Poster

Encounters: 86

Really sorry to hear of your loss, JP.
Very admirable of you to make this very thoughtful and articulate post.

You're correct. Life is short, and every moment we get is worth whatever effort/struggle/strife it takes. We need to make sure that everyone struggling with these tendencies is made aware of this.
Hobby Lobbyist is offline   Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 04:44 PM   #48
Guest100514
Account Disabled

User ID: 207127
My ECCIE Reviews

Thank you all! Not saying I'm happy Robin Williams committed suicide, but it's great that this issue that effects so many people has gotten nation attention!
Guest100514 is offline   Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 07:02 PM   #49
Ramjet
Premium Access

Encounters: 5

JP, remember that tough times never last, but tough people DO!
Ramjet is offline   Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 07:37 PM   #50
EZ.
Valued Poster

Encounters: 6

I lost a bunch of close friends all at once, and then my first wife after 90 days of marriage. Three months later I lost two more close friends. If someone hasn't been through depression, they don't understand. I thought about putting a bullet in my mouth. We were already doing crazy stuff but I was pushing the envelope. I definitely had a death wish. I was like that for a long time. It has been decades and I think about those events every day. I never have suicidal thoughts but I remember how painful depression is.
EZ. is offline   Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 01:04 PM   #51
TinMan
The Grey Knight

Encounters: 130

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramider View Post
The pisser is that it takes the anti depressants three to six weeks to kick in and work their magic. Plus, the patient needs to communicate how they are feeling with their shrinck. Different types of anti depressants work differently on different people.
I want to echo this sentiment. I've been fortunate never to lose a loved one to suicide (I can't imagine losing 3). I know a number of people close to me who have been taking anti-depressants for many years. Without a doubt, their proper administration and use has kept those same people among the living. Sadly, I know of a few people who are afraid of the stigma attached to such treatment (more imagined than real), and they live in constant torment.

The worst thing in the world is to assume medication can't or won't work. Please seek the advice of a competent medical professional before reaching that conclusion.

Thanks, Jillian, for starting this thread. It's an extremely important topic.
TinMan is offline   Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 01:17 PM   #52
Guest100514
Account Disabled

User ID: 207127
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinMan View Post
I want to echo this sentiment. I've been fortunate never to lose a loved one to suicide (I can't imagine losing 3). I know a number of people close to me who have been taking anti-depressants for many years. Without a doubt, their proper administration and use has kept those same people among the living. Sadly, I know of a few people who are afraid of the stigma attached to such treatment (more imagined than real), and they live in constant torment.

The worst thing in the world is to assume medication can't or won't work. Please seek the advice of a competent medical professional before reaching that conclusion.

Thanks, Jillian, for starting this thread. It's an extremely important topic.

Thanks for your input TinMan!
Losing three people to this terrible struggle has been difficult. At the same time, it has brought light to my life by showing me how important it is to bring light to other peoples lives.
This thread has actually been amazing for me in so many ways. The outreach I have gotten of support was amazing. But also, I have had many, many people reach out to me for help or just to have someone to talk to about this. Whether it was them themselves going through it or a loved one, many people are seeking advice on it. I love, love, love helping people and making people happy. It's what brings me joy in life. To be able to help these people in their time of need helps me remember my loved ones in a positive way.

And again, I'm always here if any of you on this board, whether we have had past issues or not, need someone to talk to about anything. Whether it is depression, suicide, a fight with the wife, a bully on the board, feeling you have been done wrong by a hobbyist, provider or friend. Anything, whatever it is. I am her for each and every one of you.
XOXO
JP
Guest100514 is offline   Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 04:37 PM   #53
slingblade
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28

I am sorry you are going through this. I am glad you shared it though. I have know a few folks that have taken their lives over the years. The pain they have made me feel is the one thing that has kept me from looking at it as a solution to whatever I may be dealing with at the time. I think your post may make some people not feel so alone. Thank you.
slingblade is offline   Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 11:36 PM   #54
EZ.
Valued Poster

Encounters: 6

Jillian, I hope when you are talking with people you have a better approach that what I am about to describe.

A few years back, I was facing a very serious medical issue. My doctor suggested that I might want to get my estate in order. Needless to say this doesn't give you the warm fuzzys. I have to admit that is was rather depressing.

Every few years, I would get a letter from the VA. I qualify to be buried in Arlington Memorial National Cemetery. Much of my old unit is buried there and there are three remaining that also qualify. The problem is they are running out of space an thus the letters.

As you read this, try to have some empathy, for my state of mind, when this call was made.

I called them to see what is involved. I didn't want to leave this to my daughters who wouldn't have a clue. I pulled one of the letters and gave them a call.

He asked the soldiers name and service number and I gave it to him. He asked the date I died. I told him that I was that soldier. He asked me if this wasn't a bit premature. I told him that I doubt I would be calling if I was dead. I then explained what was going on. He then asked my unit and I told 75th Infantry. He said that I could request a color guard from my unit. I said that would be nice. He then looked up where my unit is currently stationed. He then told me that the 75th Infantry was in Ft. Lewis Washington and this was clear across country. He then asked if I knew what it would cost to send a complete color guard from Washington State. I told him that I would no longer be paying taxes and I really didn't give a fuck.

I think it is funny now, I am fortunate to be in good health. I returned the last letter saying to take me of the list. I want those that gave the ultimate sacrifice to be buried there.
EZ. is offline   Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 12:39 AM   #55
Glenn Quagmire
Lifetime Member

Encounters: 8

Providers are 40 more times to be victims of assault and 14 more times likely to commit suicide.

The average lifespan of a working girl is 40 or 50 depending on which site you look at.

All of us have had to deal with death of loved ones. In our little world, "other issues" often are part of the problem. We see it mirrored by celebrities who pass away pre-maturely.

If you need help, ask for it. When your friends offer it, accept it. The saddest thing is watching someone you know head for the grave and the powerlessness you feel to do anything to stop it.

Be kind to others. You never know what kind of burdens they may be carrying.
Glenn Quagmire is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women