Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Austin > The Sandbox - Austin
test
The Sandbox - Austin The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 395
Harley Diablo 377
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 277
George Spelvin 265
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70762
biomed163024
Yssup Rider60666
gman4453276
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48594
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino42334
CryptKicker37204
The_Waco_Kid36767
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 06-05-2014, 01:19 PM   #1
missi hart
transgirl provider

User ID: 3227
My Bio Page
Default lcd tv repair

i have a 37" vizio lcd tv that is past its warranty. i was watching it recently when the screen picture started fading from top to bottom. it still gets sound and the backlight is still functioning, just no picture whatsoever.

does anyone have a suggestion as to what is going on, and if it is economically feasible to repair? i did buy a new tv to replace it, but if it can be repaired economically, it would still be a nice second tv. final question---if it can be repaired, any suggestions on who/where could handle the repair? i live south and would prefer a south location, but willing to take it anywhere if, again, the repair cost would be reasonable.

thanks for the help!
missi hart is offline   Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 05:04 PM   #2
whosaidthat
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 4

If there's sound and backlight but no image, there are a handful of potential issues.

It could be as simple as a loose cable, any of a slew of bad components, or a dead panel. If it's a dead panel, it'll probably cost as much as a comparable TV would.

I've heard good things about Bonds and Dean TV Repair. I've heard that the folks at Deans are native Korean speakers and some people have trouble communicating with them. They do have some coupons for a cheap diagnosis, at least: http://www.deantvrepair.com/coupon.html
whosaidthat is offline   Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 06:20 PM   #3
missi hart
transgirl provider

My Bio Page

thank you, whosaidthat
Old 06-05-2014, 11:01 PM   #4
whosaidthat
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 4

No problem. It's the kind of thing I love to fix myself, but I'm so much of a ditherer it makes it hard to do it as a favor for someone else.
whosaidthat is offline   Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 06:40 AM   #5
GneissGuy
Thank God it's Firday!

Encounters: 12

Be really careful to figure out costs ahead of time. The odds of getting it repaired for less than it's worth are probably pretty bad.
GneissGuy is offline   Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 06:59 AM   #6
missi hart
transgirl provider

My Bio Page

Quote:
Originally Posted by GneissGuy View Post
Be really careful to figure out costs ahead of time. The odds of getting it repaired for less than it's worth are probably pretty bad.
definitely. that is why I'm trying to gather some informed opinions, and/or shared similar experiences with this particular problem. i realize the odds are pretty much that the repair cost wouldn't be worth it. i think the repairs would have to be in the $100 range for me to consider it, and it seems unlikely that would be the case. I've not finished my research into this yet, but i certainly appreciate everyone's input.
Old 06-06-2014, 12:21 PM   #7
Ts AmberRose
Account Disabled

User ID: 203718
My ECCIE Reviews

Like others have said that the cost would be too much to repair rather than just getting a new one.
Now vizio is an ok brand but for future refs id stick with Sony,LG,Samsung and a few others i cant think off the top of my head...
Ts AmberRose is offline   Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 01:17 PM   #8
GneissGuy
Thank God it's Firday!

Encounters: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ts AmberRose View Post
Like others have said that the cost would be too much to repair rather than just getting a new one.
Now vizio is an ok brand but for future refs id stick with Sony,LG,Samsung and a few others i cant think off the top of my head...
In my experience, Vizio is usually considerably cheaper with little, if any, loss in reliability or performance. You need to check out any brand you want to buy. Some of the "big" brands, especially Sony, have lost some of their edge over the competition these days.

I'll also put Vizio above the no name brands, or the "phony" name brands. These days, a lot of old time traditional name brands are out of business, and the remnants of the old company pimps out it's good name to anyone with cash.

You think "Grandma had an XYZ brand TV and it lasted forever, so I'll buy this one." In fact, XYZ is out of business and Unpronounceable Brands from China bought the trademark and is sticking the name on the cheapest crap they can find.
GneissGuy is offline   Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 09:59 AM   #9
Annika
Account Disabled

User ID: 233798
My ECCIE Reviews

There is a tv repair shop off Parmer lane at lamplight they buy sell and fix tvs

It's beside Parmer lane tavern, create a cig, and inails!
Annika is offline   Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 08:42 PM   #10
excess01
Account Disabled

Encounters: 1

Well
Before I tell you all this please neve tamper with any electronics unless unplugged

And best to have clean hands/gloves.

You need to remove the back cover a couple screws
Itll be hard but trust me it comes off
Once you get that cover off
Lol
Trying not to lose you
You see if any of the boards back there are burnt
Most likely it will be a board named Slave -####part number
. This board is your backlight, if your screen is black and no picture theres your problem.
You can google this part number, sometimes you can find it on ebay

When you receive the part its just a reverse process

Vizios are known for this infamous black screen with logo light on

Just my 2 cents sorry for punc. /Spelling
excess01 is offline   Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 12:15 AM   #11
thr bobs
Gaining Momentum

I've used bonds tv,, great guys. They charge $100 for a diagnosis, which is applied to the total repair bill if you decide to fix it.
thr bobs is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women