Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Other US Hotspots > Arkansas > The Sandbox
test
The Sandbox The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 261
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70677
biomed162343
Yssup Rider60202
gman4453216
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48383
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41237
CryptKicker37178
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 03-26-2014, 08:55 PM   #1
Rockydoc
Valued Poster

Encounters: 42
Default Blad, as a BAMA fan, how do you feel about...

Private school CFB players being allowed to unionize? Will that allow other schools to compete by raising their pay scale to match BAMA's, or am I confusing them with those high rolling cheaters from Auburn?
Rockydoc is offline   Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 10:15 PM   #2
bladtinzu
Valued Poster

Encounters: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockydoc View Post
Private school CFB players being allowed to unionize? Will that allow other schools to compete by raising their pay scale to match BAMA's, or am I confusing them with those high rolling cheaters from Auburn?
Ehh..

I can attest to college players being paid even back to when I played. How it is now is a joke. The schools make millions off of the kids and they get a small stipend to cover a burger and fries a month basically.

I say if a players likeness is used for profit then the kid should get at least a 20% cut.
bladtinzu is offline   Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 11:12 PM   #3
Rockydoc
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladtinzu View Post
Ehh..

I can attest to college players being paid even back to when I played. How it is now is a joke. The schools make millions off of the kids and they get a small stipend to cover a burger and fries a month basically.

I say if a players likeness is used for profit then the kid should get at least a 20% cut.
But if they use all the money paying he players, how will they ever fund the women's water polo team?

If they unionize, I wonder if the players, or even the college athletic departments have to start paying taxes, since it is, in reality, a big money making business, at least for the big schools.

I love college football, but I am no fan of the NCAA. They will have a difficult few years with all the suits and rulings. It will be interesting to see how it all shakes out.
Old 03-28-2014, 11:42 AM   #4
Hogfan69
Valued Poster

Encounters: 37

Just tell them if we pay you, we expect you to actually go to class and earn your grades and half of them will back down immediately.
Hogfan69 is offline   Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 04:04 PM   #5
Hogfan69
Valued Poster

Encounters: 37

Once you present it to the players, you tell them that the amount of what their scholarship is worth will count against them as income, plus the money they earn, and it becomes taxable. So if you go to a prestigious school, you won't be able to afford the taxes.

I hate to see college athletics have to resort to dealing with this crap. Just keep it the old fashioned way and pay them under the table and keep college football from imploding. Smaller schools won't be able to afford to keep any of their programs going without football footing the bills. The sense of entitlement here is astounding.
Hogfan69 is offline   Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 05:15 PM   #6
holdmybeerwatchthis
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

I remember a few years back when Rice University was asked by alumni to offer special classes and curriculum of a special nature so Rice could compete better in athletics, especially football.

The regents said Rice does not have special classes and never will. They did say they could give up football if it made the alumni too unhappy.

Rice students once elected a boy as homecoming queen and then a year later elected a refrigerator queen.

Point is Rice is a college first.
holdmybeerwatchthis is offline   Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 06:40 PM   #7
bladtinzu
Valued Poster

Quote:
But if they use all the money paying he players, how will they ever fund the women's water polo team?

If they unionize, I wonder if the players, or even the college athletic departments have to start paying taxes, since it is, in reality, a big money making business, at least for the big schools.

I love college football, but I am no fan of the NCAA. They will have a difficult few years with all the suits and rulings. It will be interesting to see how it all shakes out.
Considering Alabama had a 21.6 million dollar surplus last year alone in the athletic department I do not think it would be much of a problem.

And honestly the NCAA will have some terrible years if the results of the suits are against them. What they have is pretty much a monopoly.
Old 03-29-2014, 02:06 AM   #8
Rockydoc
Valued Poster

Sure, Bama could afford it, as can many big time schools. However, it Would be the death knell of nonprofit sports in many less competitive schools.
Old 04-02-2014, 08:22 PM   #9
bladtinzu
Valued Poster

Quote:
Sure, Bama could afford it, as can many big time schools. However, it Would be the death knell of nonprofit sports in many less competitive schools.
Unless they all go Co-Op and share the wealth..

Fuck I did not just say that did I?? Shit.. I need to be kicked for that.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women