Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Austin > Questions for the Staff - Austin
test
Questions for the Staff - Austin Ask questions of your local staff here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 396
Harley Diablo 377
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 278
George Spelvin 265
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70768
biomed163071
Yssup Rider60720
gman4453282
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48612
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino42407
CryptKicker37205
The_Waco_Kid36834
Mokoa36493
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 11-06-2013, 11:38 AM   #1
saustin
Valued Poster

Encounters: 6
Default Moving NCNS Reviews to Co-ed

I know that moving reviews to Co-ED, where no activities occurred, is a long time policy, dating back to another board. Yet, it seems to impinge on the ability to perform a search of Indy Reviews, for example, to obtain complete information; reviews moved to Co-Ed will not be seen without broader search that can be dulled by Co-Ed noise. Is there an opportunity to revisit this policy? Ladies have experience initiating responses to "no" reviews in Co-Ed as they choose and the same opportunity exists for NCNS.
saustin is offline   Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 11:44 AM   #2
Spacemtn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

No there is not. While we understand why you feel this way, please remember that a review is an account of something that took place.

An example would be a movie review. You wouldn't be able to review the movie without seeing it. If the gentleman never saw the lady, how can he review her???? The simple fact is that a NCNS does not meet the ECCIE "definition" of a review so it does not belong in the "Review" Forum. Also remember, there are 2 sides to every story....well at least 2!!! By moving it to COED we give the accused party a chance to respond which they can't do in the Review Forum.

Spacemtn
AustinModStaff
Spacemtn is offline   Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 11:57 AM   #3
saustin
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacemtn
Also remember, there are 2 sides to every story....well at least 2!!! By moving it to COED we give the accused party a chance to respond which they can't do in the Review Forum.

Spacemtn
AustinModStaff
Thank you for your response. As ladies have experience initiating discussions to "no" reviews in Co-Ed, the same opportunity exists for NCNS, were those reviews not moved. I think it dilutes the value of this site as an information exchange and splits a fine line (forgive the mixed metaphor).
Old 11-08-2013, 05:33 AM   #4
Horsetx
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

I feel that the whole idea that no event occurred is a BS sham! Several events occurred. Th guy contacts provider..PMs exchanged, references provided/screened, appointment set, guy drives 30 minutes+ to location! guy notifies lady h is there then wastes another 15-30 waiting for a response. Several events occur and could be provided in a review format. So no he can't review the movie but he could review the movie theater that didn't feel like showing a movie at that particular scheduled time!

The whole system seems designed to protect ladies who have issues making and keeping appointments. Ladies are allowed to post DNS listings in a private area without response from the gentleman. Why aren't those moved to the CoEd forum for both sides of the story?

It is somewhat funny to see the one-sided reasons for moving NCNS out of an easily searchable review forum. At the very least, there should be a reported NCNS column on all public profiles...both the gents and ladies. That way ladies don't have their time wasted by gentlemen, either. To prevent abuse, it could be limited to members with established reviews, etc.

Food for thought....I wish that I thought it would be considered....
Horsetx is offline   Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 12:02 PM   #5
Spacemtn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

Of course you are certainly free to think of it in any terms that you care to. The Owners of this Board have established guidelines for the way that we handle certain situations and in this case, this is how we deal with NCNS reports. Like it, don't like it, this is how we handle them.

It has nothing to do with protecting anyone. If you post the info in Coed with her name in the title or anywhere in the post, a search will turn up the post so any member that cares to look can see it. There is no protection!! In fact since both men and women can weigh in in the Coed threads, these seem to get more views and more participation than the review threads so the protection statement does not hold water.

Again, it is fine for each member to believe the way they want to and like or dislike our methods as they see fit, but until the Owners change the guidelines, this is how we will handle these situations.

Spacemtn
AustinModStaff
Spacemtn is offline   Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 08:33 AM   #6
saustin
Valued Poster

Daughter: "Mom, why do you always cut off the end off the roast?"
Mother: "Because my mother always did that."
Daughter: "Grandmother, why did you always cut off the end off the roast?"
Grandmother: "So it would fit in the only baking pan I had."

This policy was prevalent on a predecessor board and perhaps simply replicated here. There are always opportunities to learn and grow. How can this opportunity for improvement be presented to board owners?
Old 11-09-2013, 01:21 PM   #7
GneissGuy
Thank God it's Firday!

Encounters: 12

Arguments can be made for doing it either way. There's no clear "right" choice.

Stop feeling butthurt just because someone else made a different choice than you would have.
GneissGuy is offline   Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 02:11 PM   #8
saustin
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GneissGuy
Arguments can be made for doing it either way. There's no clear "right" choice.

Stop feeling butthurt just because someone else made a different choice than you would have.
Ouch...Not the ominous butthurt gambit!!

Yes, this is a suggestion for an opportunity to choose again. Just because you promulgated this policy in your prior moderation under a different, misguided board administration does not relate to modern times. If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got.
Old 11-09-2013, 03:02 PM   #9
GneissGuy
Thank God it's Firday!

Encounters: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by saustin View Post
Ouch...Not the ominous butthurt gambit!!

Yes, this is a suggestion for an opportunity to choose again. Just because you promulgated this policy in your prior moderation under a different, misguided board administration does not relate to modern times. If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got.
If the butthurt fits, wear it.

Ah, yes, the evil previous board. Strange that the vast majority of hobbyists used it despite the evil mods and screwed up policies until the owner died .

Using what worked well at the most successful board as a starting point for a new board is a good idea. Then change the policy if you have a better idea. That's part of the reason this board has been such a success after ASPD died.

It's fine to think the policy should be changed and make suggestions. I just hate it when the whiners and rejects get all butthurt and whine when the management weighs the pros and cons and don't go your way.

Make suggestions, give a rational argument, and see what happens. Whining about it when you lose doesn't do any good, other than to let you stroke your own ego.

If you think you can do better, start your own board and take the other whiners with you.

And for the record, I don't agree with everything the management here does, but it doesn't ruin my life when they don't do things the way I think they should.
GneissGuy is offline   Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 03:15 PM   #10
saustin
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GneissGuy;
If the butthurt fits, wear it.

Ah, yes, the previous board. Strange that the vast majority of hobbyists used it despite the evil mods and screwed up policies until the owner died .

Using what worked well at the most successful board as a starting point for a new board is a good idea. Then change the policy if you have a better idea. That's part of the reason this board has been such a success after ASPD died.

It's fine to think the policy should be changed and make suggestions. I just hate it when the whiners and rejects get all butthurt and whine when the management weighs the pros and cons and don't go your way.

Make suggestions, give a rational argument, and see what happens. Whining about it when you lose doesn't do any good, other than to let you stroke your own ego.

If you think you can do better, start your own board and take the other whiners with you.

And for the record, I don't agree with everything the management here does, but it doesn't ruin my life when they don't do things the way I think they should.[/QUOTEO]
The prior board absentee let others run it to the ground. But that is another topic.

Perhaps you will wear the butthurt more better.
Are you still on staff or trying to moderate from the gallery?

There is no evidence or explanation about why the policy is beneficial to information exchange.

No whining observed here other than GneissGuy. I have provided a valid suggestion about how nc/ns reviews contribute to information exchange - providing complete history.

If improving the exchange of information is your idea of buttthurt, then have fun
Old 11-09-2013, 03:20 PM   #11
Fratelli
Valued Poster

Encounters: 13

I personally see nothing wrong with the existing policy, but if you want to suggest it be changed you will probably find more of an audience in the Member Suggestions and Forum Requests forum in the National section. You might want to search that forum first for this topic, I haven't but I'd be surprised if this hasn't been asked and answered there more than once.
Fratelli is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women