Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
test
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 395
Harley Diablo 377
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 277
George Spelvin 265
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70752
biomed162899
Yssup Rider60560
gman4453256
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48528
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino42082
CryptKicker37192
Mokoa36491
The_Waco_Kid36436
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 10-07-2013, 06:04 AM   #1
Stan.Dupp
Valued Poster

Exclamation Rep-Tom Koburn says more than half on disability "faking it". That disability will run out in a couple of years. "Too many people gaming the system".

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504803_1...fund-runs-dry/

Wow....
Stan.Dupp is offline   Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 06:08 AM   #2
Stan.Dupp
Valued Poster

The average disability check is about $1,100 per month.

"Look, a disability check is not a lot of money," adds Karzis. "I mean, nobody's getting rich on disability. And you take 20 percent, 25 percent of that out, that's a significant amount of money."
Old 10-07-2013, 06:18 AM   #3
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

Wouldn't even pay for the bricket and booze bill for the high rollers on this board, much less for the hobby.
i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 06:22 AM   #4
Stan.Dupp
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by i'va biggen View Post
Wouldn't even pay for the bricket and booze bill for the high rollers on this board, much less for the hobby.
I don't understand how almost half on "disability" get approved if what Rep Koburn is saying is true.

In addition if disability is really going to run out of money in a couple of years as he claims why isn't this a bigger story?

He is saying that most on disability are simply those who are unemployed that can't get a job and fake their way into the "disability system".
Old 10-07-2013, 06:27 AM   #5
Guest123018-4
Account Disabled

Encounters: 1

I am eligible for disability BUT I choose to work. My check would be over 2,500 per month.
If you think that many with disability are surviving on just that check you are mistaken.
Most are collecting that and have other sources of income.
If you can game disability then you can game all the other programs out there too, like food stamps.
Lots of people with disability making cash on the side.Hey it cost a lot of money to work, gas, transportation, insurance,.
Easiest way to get disability is to tell them you need to register to vote and will sign up as soon as they get you processed so you can pull the straight Dimwitcrat ticket
Guest123018-4 is offline   Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 07:02 AM   #6
Jewish Lawyer
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan.Dupp View Post
If half the people on disability are faking it, that means half the people who claim they became disabled by police beatings are lying, doesn't it?
Jewish Lawyer is offline   Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 07:40 AM   #7
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewish Lawyer View Post
If half the people on disability are faking it, that means half the people who claim they became disabled by police beatings are lying, doesn't it?

I played golf with a 20 year old Army Vet who put in 20 who was getting disability too and he worked for HP.

So half the military folks are on disability too gaming the system JL?

I wonder if half the money we give to Israel is wasted?
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 10:23 AM   #8
Jewish Lawyer
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
I played golf with a 20 year old Army Vet who put in 20 who was getting disability too and he worked for HP.

So half the military folks are on disability too gaming the system JL? I was quoting Stan Dupp - ask him

I wonder if half the money we give to Israel is wasted? It is a waste that we only give half as much as we should
Was he born into the Army?
Jewish Lawyer is offline   Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 11:18 AM   #9
Guest032516
Account Disabled

Encounters: 33

Quote:
I don't understand how almost half on "disability" get approved if what Rep Koburn is saying is true.

In addition if disability is really going to run out of money in a couple of years as he claims why isn't this a bigger story?

He is saying that most on disability are simply those who are unemployed that can't get a job and fake their way into the "disability system".
Whys does it surprise you?

The number of people on disability surges when unemployment benefits run out. Now, why do you think that is?

If government money is about to get cut off, an unemployed person often will do whatever it takes to keep the checks coming in.

So you end up with a lot of hard-to-disprove medical problems, like back pain, headaches and dizziness, depression, and the like.

Disability programs are among the most abused. I know someone who worked in the NYPD and his full time job was investigating other cops - ones that were on disability or paid sick leave.

He spent all of his days tracking and video-taping cops that were playing golf or fishing when they were supposed to be bedridden with back pain.

The NYFD had a similar program for firefighters.
Guest032516 is offline   Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 02:32 PM   #10
Guest032516
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExNYer View Post
Whys does it surprise you?

The number of people on disability surges when unemployment benefits run out. Now, why do you think that is?

If government money is about to get cut off, an unemployed person often will do whatever it takes to keep the checks coming in.

So you end up with a lot of hard-to-disprove medical problems, like back pain, headaches and dizziness, depression, and the like.

Disability programs are among the most abused. I know someone who worked in the NYPD and his full time job was investigating other cops - ones that were on disability or paid sick leave.

He spent all of his days tracking and video-taping cops that were playing golf or fishing when they were supposed to be bedridden with back pain.

The NYFD had a similar program for firefighters.
And, I failed to add:

If cops, who have well-paying jobs, are willing to risk losing those job by abusing their disability programs, why would a former JC Penny sales clerk who is about to lose unemployment benefits hesitate for one second to claim disability?
Old 10-07-2013, 02:33 PM   #11
Stan.Dupp
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by The2Dogs View Post
I am eligible for disability BUT I choose to work. My check would be over 2,500 per month.
If you think that many with disability are surviving on just that check you are mistaken.
Most are collecting that and have other sources of income.
If you can game disability then you can game all the other programs out there too, like food stamps.
Lots of people with disability making cash on the side.Hey it cost a lot of money to work, gas, transportation, insurance,.
Easiest way to get disability is to tell them you need to register to vote and will sign up as soon as they get you processed so you can pull the straight Dimwitcrat ticket

When you say your eligible, did you try to get on disability? How do you know your eligible?

I have seen people with severe mental illnesses who couldn't hold down a job let alone interact with people normally, so I would say someone like that is truly disabled.

I have seen people who were only paralyzed from the waist down, who worked, drove (using specialized vehicles for driving) had typing and clerical positions, so I don't really see them as a disabled person per se.

I guess it all depends on a persons ability to function?

I thought that disability had super rigorous means testing? So how do half the people on disability "fake it"? I just don't understand how that works.

Anyway, yes, it surprises me.
Old 10-07-2013, 03:38 PM   #12
Guest032516
Account Disabled

Quote:
I thought that disability had super rigorous means testing?
LOL.

Not in this country.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women