Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 261
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70672
biomed162331
Yssup Rider60190
gman4453216
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48376
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41219
CryptKicker37176
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 05-07-2013, 12:07 PM   #91
Jewish Lawyer
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonebear View Post
..Anecdotal? Our country's entire history owes itself to immigration so I think your a little off on this one.
As for the Boston Bombers, wouldn't they have met YOUR criteria? Young & hard working? After all, one had a job & the other was in school....I guess you cant paint everyone with the same brush.
I noticed you didnt mention anything else about the role of govt from my previous post....
No, they were obtaining free food and housing from the government like every good Democrat likes to either do or support. So they didn't meet the part about sufficient capital, Mr. Reading Comprehension.
Jewish Lawyer is offline   Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 04:30 PM   #92
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtex View Post
Yep, we certainly saw on September 15, 2008 what resulted from the deficit spending brought about by 2 unfunded wars over a 6 1/2 year period. Didn't we?

And that is not even speaking to the 4,500+ dead American soldiers. What was their value?

Oh that's right, 4500+ dead American soldiers is not nearly as troublesome to you as the 4 or 5 dead Americans in Benghazi.

How thoughtless of me!
Tsk, tsk, tsk, BigKoTex, you are truly thoughtless. Financial experts have a different explanation for the financial crisis than your thoughtless self.

"In this report, we detail the events of the crisis. But a simple summary, as we see it, is useful at the outset. While the vulnerabilities that created the potential for crisis were years in the making, it was the collapse of the housing bubble—fueled by low interest rates, easy and available credit, scant regulation, and toxic mortgages—that was the spark that ignited a string of events, which led to a full-blown crisis in the fall of 2008. Trillions of dollars in risky mortgages had become embedded throughout the financial system, as mortgage-related securities were packaged, repackaged, and sold to investors around the world. When the bubble burst, hundreds of billions of dollars in losses in mortgages and mortgage-related securities shook markets as well as financial institutions that had significant exposures to those mortgages and had borrowed heavily against them. This happened not just in the United States but around the world. The losses were magnified by derivatives such as synthetic securities."

http://fcic-static.law.stanford.edu/...onclusions.pdf

BTW, "thoughtless BigKoTex," it was the Financial Services Modernization Act of 1999 signed by Slick Willie the Perjuring Sexual Predator that dismantled the Glass-Steagall Act of 1922 that predisposed the financial system to crisis. Plus, when the Financial Services Modernization Act was coupled with the federal requirements put on banks by the Community Reinvestment Act, it all but guaranteed a financial crisis such as the one that occurred.
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 05:40 PM   #93
Stonebear
Account Disabled

Encounters: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewish Lawyer View Post
No, they were obtaining free food and housing from the government like every good Democrat likes to either do or support. So they didn't meet the part about sufficient capital, Mr. Reading Comprehension.
So if we go with your grand view, and follow your logic to its inevitable end, there would be no immigration since most people who are young & financially well off truly have no motive to leave their homeland since they've already 'made it' - remember "give me your tired, poor, etc...." Immigration is the fuel of american advancement BECAUSE those who come here come only for the opportunity to make a better life for themselves & their families. Of course it is never perfect and there will be some who never contribute, but your solution is to close it all up and only let in the richer, younger emigres that "solution" embodies the line "the masses pay for the asses" - if that occurs, then who will do all of the 'PRIME' jobs hucksters like Rick Perry keep touting as the engine of texas' economy? You know, the ones that barely pay minimum wage, and offer no health insurance? Yes, the maids, cooks, etc.
I'm sure things were different when your Jewish Lawyer ancestors greeted the Mayflower all those years ago.. By the way, what tribe were they a part of, Mohican, Navajo, Sioux....Perhaps you should look into your own family tree and see when & why your ancestors came here. As they say, a true understanding of the world begins with knowing your own small corner of it first.
Stonebear is offline   Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 05:47 PM   #94
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

You see what I mean... Spend your intellectual capital where you've got worthy opponents.
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 05:50 PM   #95
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonebear View Post
Thanks Yssup. Its hard to have a discussion with someone when your the only one who addresses the other sides points before moving on!
Unfortunately this place/hobby doesn't lend itself to thinking with the big head. Problem is, that most of the folks who will eventually sink to bastardizing your handle and then personally attacking you are the people who looked up to the schoolyard bullies in (public) kindergarten.

Whale away! I admire your sand!
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 06:03 PM   #96
Stonebear
Account Disabled

Encounters: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yssup Rider View Post
Unfortunately this place/hobby doesn't lend itself to thinking with the big head. Problem is, that most of the folks who will eventually sink to bastardizing your handle and then personally attacking you are the people who looked up to the schoolyard bullies in (public) kindergarten.

Whale away! I admire your sand!
Thanks, bro. Im very openminded & even though I may not agree with someone's opinion, I can understand & respect it IF its well thought out. The ones I take umbrage with are the ones born out of ignorance, fear, and especially opinions from folks who benefited from this country but seek to deny those same benefits to others and look down upon those who are trying to climb up the ladder.
Stonebear is offline   Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 06:40 PM   #97
IIFFOFRDB
Account Disabled

Fucking Marxist sausage Fest... Num num num num....
IIFFOFRDB is offline   Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 06:59 PM   #98
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by I B Hankering View Post
Tsk, tsk, tsk, BigKoTex, you are truly thoughtless. Financial experts have a different explanation for the financial crisis than your thoughtless self.

"In this report, we detail the events of the crisis. But a simple summary, as we see it, is useful at the outset. While the vulnerabilities that created the potential for crisis were years in the making, it was the collapse of the housing bubble—fueled by low interest rates, easy and available credit, scant regulation, and toxic mortgages—that was the spark that ignited a string of events, which led to a full-blown crisis in the fall of 2008. Trillions of dollars in risky mortgages had become embedded throughout the financial system, as mortgage-related securities were packaged, repackaged, and sold to investors around the world. When the bubble burst, hundreds of billions of dollars in losses in mortgages and mortgage-related securities shook markets as well as financial institutions that had significant exposures to those mortgages and had borrowed heavily against them. This happened not just in the United States but around the world. The losses were magnified by derivatives such as synthetic securities."

http://fcic-static.law.stanford.edu/...onclusions.pdf

BTW, "thoughtless BigKoTex," it was the Financial Services Modernization Act of 1999 signed by Slick Willie the Perjuring Sexual Predator that dismantled the Glass-Steagall Act of 1922 that predisposed the financial system to crisis. Plus, when the Financial Services Modernization Act was coupled with the federal requirements put on banks by the Community Reinvestment Act, it all but guaranteed a financial crisis such as the one that occurred.

You can blame whomever you please ,however the bottom line to the bubble was GREED .....
i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 07:09 PM   #99
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by flghtr65 View Post
That's right Lou. The S&P 500 and the Wilshire 5000 indexes have also hit all time highs under Obama. The economy is growing, the unemployment rate is falling and home prices are rising. Obama and Geitner have done a good job cleaning up the mess that Bush left behind. Nothing but sour grapes from republicans. Michelle Bachman said the 800 billion dollar Stimulus was a bad idea, yet she tried to borrow from it 16 times for her district. Nothing but right wing double talk. IFF, you don't have a republican candidate that can beat Hillary,Biden or Cuomo. You will see.
"After adjusting for inflation, the Dow was higher in 2000 than it is today . It was also higher in 2007. It would need to rise another 10 percent or so [about 15,680] to hit an all time high in real (i.e., inflation-adjusted) terms."

http://www.npr.org/blogs/money/2013/...ter-if-it-were

Quote:
Originally Posted by flghtr65 View Post
It's a good thing you passed the bar. Economics is not a strength of yours.
Nor yours! All you want to do is brag about what Odumbo says he is giving you, while you willfully ignore what he takes away under the table with unremitting QE3 and taxes.

http://www.macrotrends.net/1322/dow-jones-utility-average-historical-chart
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 10:13 PM   #100
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

StoneBear, be sure to keep up with Assup's posting. You will learn much about how to carry on a civilized discussion, with respect and clarity of thought. We've all learned so much from Assup's high standards of decorum and civility. He is a model for us all.

CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women