Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 391
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 264
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70708
biomed162527
Yssup Rider60367
gman4453224
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48437
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41515
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35880
Mojojo33117

Old 04-09-2013, 06:15 PM   #1
timpage
Account Disabled

Default Live fast and die young or....

Reading about Maggie Thatcher suffering from dementia made me think of this. Man, how bad would that be? To have been someone who exercised so much power, and to have used that power to make so many changes. Only to end up as someone who lacks the capacity to recognize relatives and who has to wear a diaper to keep from pissing on the floor. Reagan too. I get that it's all a part of the process....but, goddamn. Push me out of a window or shoot me in the head.

Discuss.
timpage is offline   Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 06:29 PM   #2
Guest032516
Account Disabled

Encounters: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by timpage View Post
Reading about Maggie Thatcher suffering from dementia made me think of this. Man, how bad would that be? To have been someone who exercised so much power, and to have used that power to make so many changes. Only to end up as someone who lacks the capacity to recognize relatives and who has to wear a diaper to keep from pissing on the floor. Reagan too. I get that it's all a part of the process....but, goddamn. Push me out of a window or shoot me in the head.

Discuss.
Saw a statistic yesterday - but failed to save it - about the big increase in the number of very old people dying of Alzheimer's disease.

Since more and more people are surviving or not getting heart disease and cancer, we end up with more Alzheimer's deaths. And the old folks typically require YEARS of nursing care or hospice care, neither of which is cheap.

There is a lot to be said for dying of a heart attack in your sleep when you are early 70s and only a few years into retirement. That is the PATRIOTIC way to die - nice and cheap.

We need death panels!!
Guest032516 is offline   Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 06:37 PM   #3
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

Wasn't there a song about that? I want to be one of the "grumpy old Men"
i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 06:43 PM   #4
timpage
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExNYer View Post
Saw a statistic yesterday - but failed to save it - about the big increase in the number of very old people dying of Alzheimer's disease.

Since more and more people are surviving or not getting heart disease and cancer, we end up with more Alzheimer's deaths. And the old folks typically require YEARS of nursing care or hospice care, neither of which is cheap.

There is a lot to be said for dying of a heart attack in your sleep when you are early 70s and only a few years into retirement. That is the PATRIOTIC way to die - nice and cheap.

We need death panels!!
I've got a buddy whose mom has gone from total lucidity to an inability to recognize her children in less than 12 months time due to Alzheimers (on another topic, isn't it odd that so many people are suffering from a disease that nobody had heard of 20 years ago?). Just to be clear, this is not a pro-death panel post (can't believe I even have to say that, but in order to assuage the idiots, I'm saying it). I just wonder, how to deal with this problem? NY'er is right, it is going to become more and more common as the boomers age. Again, I'm not advocating any sort of absurd death panel shit, that is ridiculous.

But, what would your personal choice be? I drink, I smoke, I'm enjoying my personal choices...if I croak before I turn into a drooling, peeing on myself old person, is that a bad thing? Because of the personal lifestyle choices I made? I want to live as long as possible, but I don't want to live pissing myself and not recognizing my family members.
timpage is offline   Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 08:43 PM   #5
gulflover
Valued Poster

Encounters: 29

I pity all the health nuts who will one day be lying in the hospital, dying of nothing.
gulflover is offline   Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 10:24 PM   #6
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

I do not approve of death panels, as you know. But I do support assisted suicide (no, not for me, at least not right now. But thanks for the offers). I think a person should be able to sign a document that says if you get to a point where you no longer are cognizant of your surroundings, you authorize your doctors to put you "to sleep".
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 11:01 PM   #7
chefnerd
Just a ROFF with CRSS

Encounters: 7

It's sort of a toss-up as to which is worse, and on whom. I have seen both dementia where my grandmother did not recognize anyone, to my dad, who had full mental capacity, but after three heart attacks, bypass surgery, a stroke, and 30+ years of diabetes, could no almost nothing for himself physically. I do agree with COG on the assisted suicide as some countries have in fact legalized. In fact I believe my dad would have actually preferred it. For myself, I have a legal document outlining health decisions by my son if I am incapacitated and have explicitly specified that if the only thing keeping me alive is the damn machine, PULL THE FUCKING PLUG. I have also jokingly, or not so jokingly, stated that the day I stop looking at, admiring, and yes lusting after attractive women, someone needs to either shoot me or give me a gun to do that myself, since at that point, i'm already dead.
chefnerd is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women