Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 260
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70672
biomed162316
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453215
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48375
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41213
CryptKicker37175
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 04-05-2013, 08:29 PM   #46
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigLouie View Post
No matter what you say about Guy Lewis he was certainly more qualified to get into the HOF than such light weights as Lou Carnesecca who all the East coast writers fawn over. If Guy Lewis had been in an East coast school and did the same he would have been in long ago.
agreed x 2
Guest040616 is offline   Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 09:18 PM   #47
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Coogs? Isn't that a disease we can't talk about on here?
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 01:12 AM   #48
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
Coogs? Isn't that a disease we can't talk about on here?
Quote:
your sweet ass!
If BiStupidOldLyingFart can openly and affectionately make references to IIFFY's "sweet ass" we should certainly be able to talk about my Coogs!

By the way, have you heard that the Coogs retired Head Coach Guy V. Lewis appears to be headed to the Basketball Hall of Fame?

Eat 'em up, Coogs!
Old 04-07-2013, 08:42 PM   #49
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Quote:
So? No one cares, BiSex.
Let's see, StupidOldLyingFart says "no one cares" if Guy V Lewis is inducted into the Basketball Hall of Fame. Hall of Fame Broadcaster Jim Nantz seems to believe differently!

Who am I going to believe, a SOLF or a Hall of Fame Broadcaster?

Gee, this is really a tough decision.

Hmmmmm!
After serious consideration, I have made up my mind.
I decided I will give more credibility to Jimbo's analysis over Dumbo's.

============================== =

Nantz says Guy V. Lewis is ‘a hall of famer on so many levels’

Sunday, April 7, 2013

Jim Nantz has served for several years as emcee for the Naismith National Basketball Hall of Fame’s Final Four Monday honorees announcement, and he’s sticking to protocol as he prepares for Monday’s list that is expected to include former University of Houston coach Guy V. Lewis.

That means Nantz, at the moment, is speaking in terms of “if” Lewis’ name is called, not “when,” even though it has been widely reported that Lewis is on the list that will be announced Monday in Atlanta. Former UH star Clyde Drexler is expected to be on hand to represent Lewis.

Rest assured, however, that if and/or when the moment happens, Nantz will be as revved up as anyone in the building.

“There have been times when I’m so personally attached to a story that you have to put a firewall around your heart and handle it as if you’re commenting from a distance,” he said Sunday. “There is a deep personal attachment here. Guy has been one of the most important and beloved citizens in the city of Houston. He has had a profound impact, and I have been the beneficiary of Guy’s touch.”

Nantz’s first TV job during his days as a UH student was as host of the “Guy Lewis Show” on KPRC (Channel 2), which led to jobs as a fill-in anchor at KHOU (Channel 11) and in Salt Lake City before the move to CBS. As a recipient of the Hall of Fame’s Curt Gowdy Media award, he has long campaigned on Lewis’ behalf.

“I have walked away for years very disappointed that coach had lost out on another year and asking, ‘Is he going to be alive to see this?’” Nantz said. “A lot of us have been actively pursuing this for a long time.

“He is a hall of famer on so many levels. He has never been given his due for integrating college basketball in the South and popularizing the sport with the game at the Astrodome (against UCLA in 1968). He is a teacher, molder, influencer of lives.”

Nantz said he has never seen a groundswell of support from local fans to rival Houston’s campaign on behalf of Lewis.

“Never has a city reacted more strongly to an individual getting his due,” Nantz said. “It will be a great day for Houston if it happens. It will be one of the greatest victories in this city’s sports history. This city stood up so strongly, and if his name is announced (Monday), it will be the reflection of a great man and the reflection of the passion of a great city.”

http://blog.chron.com/sportsmedia/20...o-many-levels/
Old 04-08-2013, 08:14 PM   #50
Guest040616
Account Disabled

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!

EAT 'EM UP, GUY V.
http://www.chron.com/sports/cougars/...on-4417768.php
Old 04-08-2013, 08:16 PM   #51
Yssup Rider