Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 260
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70672
biomed162316
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453215
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48374
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41213
CryptKicker37175
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 03-26-2013, 01:21 PM   #16
CJ7
Valued Poster

carlin's a hoot, and he's right
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 02:38 PM   #17
timpage
Account Disabled

The United Citizens decision and Bloomberg's attempts to control consumption of root beer are the same thing? The mind reels......

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn View Post
The "fire in a crowded theater" decision came about in World War I. The Sedition Act was challenged by the left! (Wilson was a racist progressive) Wilson passed laws the incrementally made it seditious to criticize the military, then the government, then the president under the guise of supporting the war. Remember this was left winder progressives behind these laws. People like Emma Goldberg and Eugene Debs spoke out against the war and more specifically the mandatory draft. Both were charged with sedition and both went to prison for a number of years. The phrase, "you can't shout fire in a crowded theater" came from the pen of Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr. who could always turn a phrase. Also the more academic term "imminent danger" was about restricting free speech during the war. Afterwards parts of the Act were struck down in 1921 by the same supreme court and Holmes agreed that the danger had passed.

I digress again. The difference between that and Bloomberg is that the latter went through the process and Bloomberg is dictating. If Bloomberg can't get through his government, he orders it, if he can't order it then he tries to buy public opinion. Wasn't it the left just last year complaining bitterly (bitter complainers!) about the SCOTUS decision to allow corporations to have the same rights as people. Wouldn't that include the fortune of a single man (think Koch brothers) used to create or oppress public opinion? The left is being hypocritical again. They were for something before they were against the same thing.
timpage is offline   Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 03:58 PM   #18
jbravo_123
Verified Member

Encounters: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by timpage View Post
We'll end up paying for the healthcare of the morbidly obese one way or the other....unless you are prepared to support a directive that prohibits healthcare providers at ER's and county hospitals across the nation from treating uninsured fatties without cash.

And, I'm not so sure you're right about people doubling up on portions if portions weren't doubled up already. Our country has somehow turned into a nation of fatties over the past couple of decades. Is it just a coincidence that it was during that time period that 64 ounce cokes and triple-decker Baconator cheeseburgers became available for the sludge-gobbling masses?

I heard somewhere the other day that this year, for the first time, deaths related to obesity will likely exceed deaths related to starvation world-wide. I read the other day that by 2030, 60% of the US population will be obese. You have to wonder if there wasn't a McDonald's on every single street corner these days if those numbers would be the same.

Should the government be allowed to force fast food makers to put photos of a fat-engorged organ, or a cutaway of a severely congested heart valve on the box that your triple-decker hamburger comes in? Or at least a warning that eating that shit is going to kill you?

What's the difference between eating yourself to death and smoking yourself to death?
Yeah, there's an interesting parallel between fast food / soft drinks / junk food industry and the tobacco industry of years ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by satexasguy View Post
I doubt such photos would do much to deter idiots. I remember as a child back in the 60's we used to see photos of nasty lungs as a show of what smoking can do. Yet people still smoke and want to sue the tobacco companies.

I figure it's only a matter of time when being able to sue fast food companies for complications due to obesity will become common.
Yes, but at least today, more people are aware of the negative health effects of tobacco use (I'm pretty sure it's common knowledge now at least in the United States) and numbers of smokers have significantly dropped since the government went after big tobacco.
jbravo_123 is offline   Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 04:05 PM   #19
bojulay
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

I wouldn't live in NYC if they gave me that freakin town.
bojulay is offline   Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 05:37 PM   #20
Jewish Lawyer
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22

I'm fine with my fellow fatties paying extra for insurance, as long as smokers pay more, druggies pay more, sex addicts pay more (raise a glass my fellow whore-mongers) overexercise fanatics get charged extra for joint problems, motorcycle riders pay extra minus a credit for organ donations, people receiving extra pay for high stress jobs pay extra, etc.
Basically, anyone who doesn't smoke, drink more than one alcohol serving per day, eats lean meats and vegetables, avoids caffiene, visits the doctor regularly, exercises responsibly, is emotionally well adjusted, no thrill seeking sports, one sex partner (two for Mormons) keeps thin and brushes and flosses everyday can cast the first stone. Everyone else has a plank in their own eye.
Jewish Lawyer is offline   Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 05:51 PM   #21
JCM800
Ambassador

Encounters: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by timpage View Post
The idea that the government can't curtail your freedoms is absurd. Of course, it can, and does, every single day.

Telling you how much Fanta Orange you can drink is over the line, however.

That having been said, it's a shame that the big fat slobs who populate our country these days can't figure out on their own that slurping down 64 ounces of soda is a bad idea. Take a look around. Go to the mall. Or god forbid, Walmart. Americans are turning into big tubs of jiggling shit because of bad eating habits and lack of exercise.

Bloomberg is an arrogant ass but his heart is in the right place. He's trying to help you fatass couch potatos. Now, I'm going for a run.
it's always been cheaper to eat unhealthy
JCM800 is offline   Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 09:40 PM   #22
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

I have an idea. Individual liberty and personal responsibility.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 06:38 AM   #23
Jewish Lawyer
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
The liberals would never allow that, COG.
Jewish Lawyer is offline   Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 07:21 AM   #24
boardman
Making Pussy Great Again

Encounters: 26

What if there really is a fire in a crowded theater?
boardman is offline   Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 07:55 AM   #25
timpage
Account Disabled

Well, in the context of this discussion, I'd say it's hard to deny that individual liberty regarding caloric intake is alive and well. Personal responsibility? Not so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
timpage is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women