Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Houston > The Sandbox - Houston
test
The Sandbox - Houston The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 396
Harley Diablo 377
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 278
George Spelvin 265
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70775
biomed163105
Yssup Rider60754
gman4453284
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48617
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino42434
CryptKicker37208
The_Waco_Kid36888
Mokoa36493
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 02-03-2013, 12:36 AM   #1
looking2havefun
Valued Poster

Encounters: 62
Default "American Sniper" Chris Kyle Killed

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Rep...189539901.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Kyle
looking2havefun is offline   Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 12:45 AM   #2
TheAntichrist666
Valued Poster

Encounters: 118

That is messed up : (
TheAntichrist666 is offline   Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 06:29 AM   #3
Guest021824
Account Disabled

Encounters: 102

I wonder if it was someone he knew
Guest021824 is offline   Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:43 AM   #4
Guest041413-2
Account Disabled

Encounters: 31

Ex-military. Could've been a case of jealousy. Not everyone has what it takes to become black ops and with celebrity status now, creates envy and jealousy. Combine that with DUI and the guy was highly unstable. RIP
Guest041413-2 is offline   Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:55 AM   #5
carkido45
Valued Poster

Encounters: 57

So sad for his wife and two children
carkido45 is offline   Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:58 AM   #6
Dorian Gray
Für die beeinflussen

Encounters: 61

According to his biography on the company's website, Iraqi insurgents dubbed Kyle "al-Shaitan" ("the devil") and placed a bounty on his head.

What's the exchange rate on dinar???
1163.00 IQD = 1.00 USD
Dorian Gray is offline   Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 10:55 AM   #7
Hawkeye9
Premium Access

Encounters: 230

yep. some government maybe our did it!!
Hawkeye9 is offline   Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:59 AM   #8
Hot to Trot Daphne
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 269367
My ECCIE Reviews

From the article:

Kyle and Littlefield had taken Routh to the range.... Cox told The Associated Press on Sunday morning.

"What I know is Chris and a gentleman -- great guy, I knew him well, Chad Littlefield -- took a veteran out shooting who was struggling with PTSD to try to assist him, try to help him, try to, you know, give him a helping hand and he turned the gun on both of them, killing them," Cox said.

Soo they gave the guy, and probably loaded for him too, the gun that killed them both. How fucked up is that?
Hot to Trot Daphne is offline   Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:42 AM   #9
Trey
Valued Poster

Encounters: 70

No conspiracy here, you just don't give a gun to the mentally ill! It just makes no sense to do so. Obviously. Second time in 2 months a guy that should NOT be allowed to have a gun went off and shot people.
Trey is offline   Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:53 AM   #10
carkido45
Valued Poster

Encounters: 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by trey View Post
No conspiracy here, you just don't give a gun to the mentally ill! It just makes no sense to do so. Obviously. Second time in 2 months a guy that should NOT be allowed to have a gun went off and shot people.
Yup and they say the guns are the problem that's not the problem people are the problem .
The lack of understanding of mental health and the illness of PTSD
carkido45 is offline   Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 02:25 PM   #11
rodeverhard
Account Disabled

Encounters: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by mijo(BFE) View Post
Ex-military. Could've been a case of jealousy. Not everyone has what it takes to become black ops and with celebrity status now, creates envy and jealousy. Combine that with DUI and the guy was highly unstable. RIP
The Marine told his sister he traded his soul for a new truck, so your point is well-said.

My understanding from reading comments from ex-SEALs who were friends with Chris is that the purpose of taking vets with PTSD hunting or to the gun range is to help them feel like one of the boys again and expose them to one of the sources of their disorder, loud gunfire, etc. Sounds like Chris and his buddy let their guard down with this Marine, who they didn't know very well.
rodeverhard is offline   Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 02:43 PM   #12
texan361
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1
Default sad

From this most unfortunate event we should learn a couple of things:

1) PTSD is a very real disorder that our fellow Americans are developing while serving us

2) The treatment of such disorder is to be done by DOCTORS who are trained to look for disorder signs and triggers

3) Nobody with such a disorder needs to be handling a gun "with the guys". If a gun is necessary to treat the disorder it needs to be done in such a controlled manner so that another unfortunate event does not happen. If the firing and noise is what is considered treatment then use blanks. Target shooting can be done with small caliber single shot firearms.

This was not planned out well.
texan361 is offline   Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 06:37 PM   #13
pravda
Valued Poster

Encounters: 5

I did not know Chris on a personal level, only crossed paths with him a few times. From what people have told me he seems to be a great person who wanted to do whatever he could to help wounded warriors, physically and/or mentally.

I can't speak for Chris but I'm fairly certain his intent was not to treat the symptoms associated with PTSD but to help those diagnosed with it to cope or lessen the pain - in this case, a day out on the range. It's not much different from playing a round of golf or going go kart racing. Shooting weapons is just the biggest common denominator Chris and those he tried to help have. It was something he excelled at and wanted to pass down a little of his knowledge. Shooting packages, civilian or LE, are one of Chris's company's primary services. It just makes sense that shooting weapons is what he'd do.

I agree PTSD is a serious disorder but people are starting to use it as a crutch or, much worse, an excuse. I've been diagnosed with PTSD. A lot of my friends have been diagnosed with PTSD. Most of us are still currently being treated for it. But, we don't go around killing people and stealing their trucks. There are thousands of military personnel being treated for PTSD. "Random" acts of violence is not a symptom of PTSD. By the way, the shitbird Marine who murdered Chris and Chad was a POG. Don't get sucked in to all the media talk about him being an "expert marksman who served in Iraq." He was an armorer, who was deployed to Iraq in 2007. Generally speaking, armorers work in the armory and they definitely don't leave the wire. He's a piece of shit who simply murdered two men. Again, I am not saying PTSD is not a serious illness. It definitely needs more attention, research, etc. But, like all of these "clinically insane" defenses, they're going to use PTSD to keep him from being fried.
pravda is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women