Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 262
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70702
biomed162498
Yssup Rider60316
gman4453224
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48424
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41455
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35820
Mojojo33117

Old 02-04-2013, 07:11 AM   #31
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX View Post
So wrong. How quickly you've forgotten the mess that Slick Willie the Sexual Predator helped create (the Financial Services Modernization Act of 1999).

When Obama took office in 2/2009, the DJIA was at about 8,200 and bottomed out at about 6,500 2 months or so later. It is now over 13,900. The S&P 500 was about 890 when Obama took office, bottomed out at 683, and is now over 1500. Using either index. that's about 70% growth in a few days more than 4 years.

Go ahead and bash Obama in other areas, but I don't think you'll find many people complaining about the stock market during his time in office.
Fixed that for you!
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:48 AM   #32
EXTXOILMAN
Valued Poster

Encounters: 31

Originally Posted by*SpeedRacerXXX*So wrong. How quickly you've forgotten the mess that*Slick Willie the Sexual Predator helped create (the Financial Services Modernization Act of 1999).When Obama took office in 2/2009, the DJIA was at about 8,200 and bottomed out at about 6,500 2 months or so later. It is now over 13,900. The S&P 500 was about 890 when Obama took office, bottomed out at 683, and is now over 1500. Using either index. that's about 70% growth in a few days more than 4 years.*Go ahead and bash Obama in other areas, but I don't think you'll find many people complaining about the stock market during his time in office.

Fixed that for you!

Don't forget Slick Willie and his buddies, Barney Frank and Chris Dodd, doubling down on the Community Reinvestment Act, forcing banks to loan money to anybody with a pulse. And to be fair, Bush's "Ownership Society" didn't help, either.
EXTXOILMAN is offline   Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:00 AM   #33
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXTXOILMAN View Post
Don't forget Slick Willie and his buddies, Barney Frank and Chris Dodd, doubling down on the Community Reinvestment Act, forcing banks to loan money to anybody with a pulse. And to be fair, Bush's "Ownership Society" didn't help, either.
No arguing with that.
Old 02-04-2013, 08:13 AM   #34
joe bloe
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by*SpeedRacerXXX*So wrong. How quickly you've forgotten the mess that*Slick Willie the Sexual Predator helped create (the Financial Services Modernization Act of 1999).When Obama took office in 2/2009, the DJIA was at about 8,200 and bottomed out at about 6,500 2 months or so later. It is now over 13,900. The S&P 500 was about 890 when Obama took office, bottomed out at 683, and is now over 1500. Using either index. that's about 70% growth in a few days more than 4 years.*Go ahead and bash Obama in other areas, but I don't think you'll find many people complaining about the stock market during his time in office.

Fixed that for you!

The subprime mortgage disaster was driven by the federal government's belief that everyone should be able to get a mortgage loan regardless of their credit worthiness.

FNMA made it clear they would buy any kind of crap loan the banks wanted to make. It created a feeding frenzy. The private sector banks are certainly partly responsible for the housing bubble, but they were just following the federal government's lead. I think the big banks were told, off the record, that when the bubble burst, the government would bail them out.
joe bloe is offline   Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:24 AM   #35
LovingKayla
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 50897
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
The level of economic illiteracy and complete ignorance of the libtards on this board is mind-boggling.

I was just thinking the same thing. I start to feel sorry for them when they figure out we were right, then I remember it's funny instead.
LovingKayla is offline   Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:28 AM   #36
nevergaveitathought
Valued Poster

i take exception to the word goon in the thread title

republicans are wimps and try-but many times fail-to-do righters

goon is a labor union and dem rent-a-mob word
nevergaveitathought is offline   Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:04 PM   #37
gnadfly
Account Disabled

Lemme get this straight.

For the first 4 years Obama blamed GWB at every turn and the Dim lapped it up. Now that the stock market has turned around, you Dims want to give credit to Obama.

HA!

Some posters have it right, especially 2Dogs. Geitner's been dumping money in the economy. Lets give this thread another year when the Fed starts to raise interest rates.
gnadfly is offline   Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:24 PM   #38
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

Not really, but I damned sure ain't giving the credit to YOU whiny bitches!

Im happy to give it another year, if you promise to STFU!

Oh, and I really hope the surging economy doesn't do SHIT for any of you fuckers whining about it now. quit bitching and make money! Or not!

Good thing you boys don't need to buy pussy ...
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:38 PM   #39
SEE3772
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

???

Do Presidents Control Monetary Policy?

Quantitative Easing (1 2 3 and now 4... which is open ended)
Interest Rates (ZIRP)
What about Price Stability or Full Employment (Federal Reserve Dual Mandate)
The Bond Market (Operation Twist)

What about the World Derivative Markets
The London Interbank Offered Rate (LIBOR)

NO! They Don't!

The only thing our so called leaders can do is raise taxes and respond with BS stimulus and bailouts. TARP, TALF, TSLF, PDCF, AMLF, TAF, FSP, PPIP, PPPIP, CPFF... all provided by the bankers.

I have documented every key financial need to know since QE3.

The Stock Charts
FED Bond Buying
Interest Rates
Housing
Everything!

Why are the markets rising?
What do you expect when the FED pumps 85 billion a month into the global markets. The markets were going to crash... then the FED announced QE4 only a few months after QE3. Since then the LEI's have reversed and are trending up.... except for the bogus GDP.

As I have said many times since QE4 was announced...
When the FED reverses their policy...
Bonds will crash (maybe before, seen TLT lately?) and Interest rates will go up.
Even if the DOW is at 40000 it won't matter with debased currency.
Bilateral Trade... Why do you think nations are not using the dollar anymore?

FYI - Other stock markets around the world are outperforming the US.
Remember the Bullish Emerging Markets Thread?
Seen the Greek stock market since their third bailout? LMAO!

Furthermore, the markets are not that high... if you add in inflation since the markets were around this level in 2007. In some (most) sectors investors are losing money even if there is a gain. Bonds don't keep up with inflation either. The CPI is BS. It does not account for energy and food.
The PPI is a better indicator.

But hey don't take my word for it.
Go read the charts and reports from the Federal Reserve and all the other threads I have posted.

Or, if you prefer...

SEE3772 is offline   Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:43 PM   #40
joe bloe
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEE3772 View Post
???

Do Presidents Control Monetary Policy?

Quantitative Easing (1 2 3 and now 4... which is open ended)
Interest Rates (ZIRP)
What about Price Stability or Full Employment (Federal Reserve Dual Mandate)
The Bond Market (Operation Twist)

What about the World Derivative Markets
The London Interbank Offered Rate (LIBOR)

NO! They Don't!

The only thing our so called leaders can do is raise taxes and respond with BS stimulus and bailouts. TARP, TALF, TSLF, PDCF, AMLF, TAF, FSP, PPIP, PPPIP, CPFF... all provided by the bankers.

I have documented every key financial need to know since QE3.

The Stock Charts
FED Bond Buying
Interest Rates
Housing
Everything!

Why are the markets rising?
What do you expect when the FED pumps 85 billion a month into the global markets. The markets were going to crash... then the FED announced QE4 only a few months after QE3. Since then the LEI's have reversed and are trending up.... except for the bogus GDP.

As I have said many times since QE4 was announced...
When the FED reverses their policy...
Bonds will crash (maybe before, seen TLT lately?) and Interest rates will go up.
Even if the DOW is at 40000 it won't matter with debased currency.
Bilateral Trade... Why do you think nations are not using the dollar anymore?

FYI - Other stock markets around the world are outperforming the US.
Remember the Bullish Emerging Markets Thread?
Seen the Greek stock market since their third bailout? LMAO!

Furthermore, the markets are not that high... if you add in inflation since the markets were around this level in 2007. In some (most) sectors investors are losing money even if there is a gain. Bonds don't keep up with inflation either. The CPI is BS. It does not account for energy and food.

But hey don't take my word for it.
Go read the charts and reports from the Federal Reserve and all the other threads I have posted.

Or, if you prefer...
You forgot one.

joe bloe is offline   Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 04:41 AM   #41
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEE3772 View Post

+1
Old 02-05-2013, 06:04 AM   #42
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnadfly View Post
Lemme get this straight.

For the first 4 years Obama blamed GWB at every turn and the Dim lapped it up. Now that the stock market has turned around, you Dims want to give credit to Obama.

HA!

Some posters have it right, especially 2Dogs. Geitner's been dumping money in the economy. Lets give this thread another year when the Fed starts to raise interest rates.

You idiots are still blaming Clinton ,as I always hear you say "he isn't in office anymore"...
i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 01:40 PM   #43
Texas Contrarian
Lifetime Premium Access

Holding up current equity prices as solid testament to the health and vibrancy of our economy, or the efficacy of our economic policy mix, is simply delusional.

Large swaths of corporate America appear to be doing pretty well, especially exporters and those with large international presences. But that's largely a function of easy money/weak dollar policies that are unsustainable over the long term without risking severe adverse consequences. Sharp escalations of oil and commodity prices are also consequences of central bank policy. Note that oil prices (in nominal dollars) are approximately quadruple what they were a decade ago. To a significant extent, the Fed also pumps up prices of stocks and other so-called "risk assets."

One sad irony is that policies claimed to help the poorly off have largely served to do the opposite, since deficit spending has had to be accommodated by ultra-loose Fed policy, including ongoing bond-buying sprees. Rising gasoline and food costs have hurt tens of millions of American families.

And virtually endless ZIRP and QE penalizes traditional savers and enriches big banks, who can play the carry trade and utilize other maneuvers to make huge profits with little risk -- secure in the knowledge that the Fed and the Treasury have their backs if anything goes badly wrong. Dodd-Frank was little more than a crony capitalist shuffle.

The equity markets may continue for a while to climb what we often refer to as a "wall of worry." That's just the way it works much of the time. But the financial system (as well as the economy as a whole) is at very high risk of exogenous shocks that could precipitate crises.

Meanwhile, some people will begin developing shopping lists of juicy short prospects.

Those who aren't quite so adventurous might do well to just be patient and save their cash. If you want to buy equities for the long term or for your 401k plan, it's virtually certain that you'll see much better buying opportunities at some point within the next few years.

If March 6th, 2009 ever rolls around again, go for it!
Texas Contrarian is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women