Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 260
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70672
biomed162316
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453215
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48375
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41213
CryptKicker37175
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 02-03-2013, 11:45 PM   #1
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20
Default ARGUS – WORLD’S MOST SOPHISTICATED SURVEILLANCE TECHNOLOGY

Wow! We won't be safe anywhere.

http://myscienceacademy.org/2013/02/...ce-technology/
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 06:06 AM   #2
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

Close your blinds when you whack off .It will be ok now.
i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:42 AM   #3
joe bloe
Valued Poster

That's the technology the government is willing to let us know about. You can bet the cutting edge stuff is much better. I'm definitely upgrading my tinfoil hats.
joe bloe is offline   Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:24 AM   #4
Guest032516
Account Disabled

Encounters: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
Good deal!

You do not have an expectation of privacy when you are out driving on the street or walking around town. So, I do not see a privacy issue.

I think tech like this will be great for solving crimes and determining the cause of accidents.

Last year, I was waiting in a parking lot while a car pulled out of a parking spot. My car was stationary. The other driver got distracted and failed to put the car into forward. He hit the gas to drive away and ended up going backwards 10-15 feet fast and slamming into my front end.

Needless to say, when he responded to the insurance agent, he claimed he was sitting still in the parking lot and I drove into his rear end because I wasn't looking where I was going.

It would have been GREAT to nail that sack of shit in a lie by simply requesting the video of the parking lot at the time in question and showing him backing into me.

So, I like to look at the bright side of this technology.

Yeah, maybe it infringes your right to sunbathe naked in your back yard. But that is a small price to pay to solve crimes and clear up the circumstances of accidents. Let the liars and thieves beware.
Guest032516 is offline   Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 02:22 PM   #5
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

So you really think the government will only use this technology to track criminal behavior. Gawd, you're gullible.
Old 02-04-2013, 02:46 PM   #6
Guest032516
Account Disabled

Quote:
So you really think the government will only use this technology to track criminal behavior. Gawd, you're gullible.
Gawd, you are paranoid.

What else is there to track?

For what purpose would they track you driving to and from work? To and from the supermarket?

ALL information systems suffer the same problem - information overload. Even if it is possible to monitor every square inch of the US, where would we get the people to review all the video files? And what do we tell them to look for - other than crimes and accidents that have already occurred at specific locations?

And if we try to use a computer to search all the videos, what do we tell the search algorithm to search for?
Old 02-04-2013, 03:53 PM   #7
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Look at the Patriot Act, the NDAA, and other freedom restricting laws. Then tell me what you think they will use it for. You trust the government, I don't.

It's like nuclear power, or guns, or drugs. In the right hands, used the right way, it could be wonderful. However, our government has no track record of using technology such as this the right way. They use it to track dissidents and others who don't toe the party line. I know it's coming. Our "Brave New World". Just another tool of the police state.
Old 02-04-2013, 04:01 PM   #8
Guest032516
Account Disabled

Quote:
Look at the Patriot Act, the NDAA, and other freedom restricting laws. Then tell me what you think they will use it for. You trust the government, I don't.
I don't trust the government either. But I am a realist regarding their competence.

The wire tapping provisions of those laws actually DO invade your privacy. That is not an apples to apples comparison.

The high resolution cameras show people that are already out in public, where you have NO expectation of privacy.

To the extent they also see you in your backyard, forewarned is forearmed. Don't have your anarchist meetings with the other dissidents in your backyard. Plot your schemes indoors.
Old 02-04-2013, 04:04 PM   #9
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

We shouldn't have to hide from the government just to exercise our rights as guaranteed by the Constitution. But you are right, that is what will have to happen. That is why it is called a "police state."
Old 02-04-2013, 04:28 PM   #10
Guest032516
Account Disabled

Quote:
We shouldn't have to hide from the government just to exercise our rights as guaranteed by the Constitution. But you are right, that is what will have to happen. That is why it is called a "police state."
If you are committing crimes, including plotting violent overthrow of the government, then you are NOT exercising any rights that are guaranteed by the Constitution.

If you are planning the peaceful replacement of government in the next election, that is called politics and you aren't committing any crimes. So the government won't bother to watch you - simply because the government does not have the resources to monitor millions of Republicans, Independents or Democrats. There is safety in very large numbers.
Old 02-04-2013, 04:36 PM   #11
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

You really believe that, eh, ExNYer? I really have no response. Have you read the NDAA and how the President can imprison anyone for any amount of time without any evidence whatsoever? The act of peacefully resisting the government could be declared a crime by any President at any time, and as the law stands, there is nothing anyone can do about it.

And you trust these people to protect our rights? On what basis have they earned your trust?
Old 02-04-2013, 04:56 PM   #12
Guest032516
Account Disabled

Quote:
You really believe that, eh, ExNYer? I really have no response.
And you respond nonetheless.

Quote:
Have you read the NDAA and how the President can imprison anyone for any amount of time without any evidence whatsoever.
The topic - which YOU chose - is electronic surveillance by some new HD camera hanging from a drone. I opined that your concerns for the video technology are overblown from a practical standpoint. That has nothing to do with the NDAA provisions that allegedly allow the government to arrest you indefinitely without evidence. Stay on topic.

Quote:
The act of peacefully resisting the government could be declared a crime by any President at any time, and as the law stands, there is nothing anyone can do about it.
So the right to trial and habeus corpus no longer exist? Post a link to what you are talking about.

Quote:
And you trust these people to protect our rights? On what basis have they earned your trust?
I never said they have. But I am a realist about their competence and capabilities.
Old 02-04-2013, 05:04 PM   #13
awl4knot
Valued Poster

Encounters: 71

Quote:
You really believe that, eh, ExNYer? I really have no response. Have you read the NDAA and how the President can imprison anyone for any amount of time without any evidence whatsoever? The act of peacefully resisting the government could be declared a crime by any President at any time, and as the law stands, there is nothing anyone can do about it.
You are so full of it. The NDAA doesn't give the president the right to imprison anyone at any time. It's arrest powers reside in the military, not in the president. (I know the president is commander-in-chief but that it's still a false statement). Second, the military arrest provisions do not apply to the United States, so you and I can't be arrested by the military, unless we commit a crime on a military reservation.

Finally, there is nothing in the NDAA that trumps your First Amendment Rights of free expression and the right to petition the government, at least in the United States.

COG, you don't help anyone's cause when you trumpet this sky is falling nonsense. The NDAA, the Patriot Act and other similar "national security" based provisions are dangerous and are eroding our rights as citizens, but no one will pay attention if fogged over by inaccurate hyperbole.
awl4knot is offline   Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 05:07 PM   #14
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExNYer View Post
So the right to trial and habeus corpus no longer exist? Post a link to what you are talking about.
Not according to the NDAA.

https://www.commondreams.org/view/2012/08/10-9

Have you not heard about the lawsuit against the NDAA? Probably not. The MSM is covering it up. But the NDAA has granted the President the authority to indefinitely detain anyone for essentially any reason without habeas corpus or any other due process.

http://www.businessinsider.com/ndaa-...tention2012-11

And here's Senator Lindsey Graham saying it's a good thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6PM4ZKoQks
Old 02-04-2013, 05:08 PM   #15
JCM800
Ambassador

Encounters: 29

Quote:
of course.... the government wouldn't lie
JCM800 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women